Historical advisors for robb stsrk and jon snow

Mrstrategy

3 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

If you could send some historical figures to tutor Robb Stark and Jon snow in politics,military training,intrigue and other training that medieval nobles received

Sun Tzu is a good one for Robb Stark.  Jon Snow is hopeless.  He would do as he did even with the best advisor at his disposal.  He would still break the rules of the watch and rescue his sister from the marriage to Ramsay.  His advisor has no chance of talking him out of it.  Jon was just the wrong man to put in a leadership position. 

4 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

If you could send some historical figures to tutor Robb Stark and Jon snow in politics,military training,intrigue and other training that medieval nobles received

Chanakya 

Machiavelli 

Sun Tzu

Socrates Plato Aristotle and all those crazy Greeks. No fugging Romans tho 

8 hours ago, Mrstrategy said:

For Jon at the Wall definitely Sun Tzu, Chinese history at defending against nomadic hordes would definitely help him.

In Robb's case it's slightly harder, but given how mobility and defeat in detail are his friend I'd say Napoleon

45 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Jon Snow did nothing wrong. It’s not his fault that the Nights Watch and the Free Folk spent millennia acting on bigotry.

I mean obviously yes, though I'd say he did do a few things wrong in regards to actually bloody communicating with his underlings. Still how does it pertain to the topic?

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean obviously yes, though I'd say he did do a few things wrong in regards to actually bloody communicating with his underlings. Still how does it pertain to the topic?

Probably doesn’t. I was still hungover and sleepy from New Years, sorry.

23 hours ago, The Young Maester said:

Sun Tzu

"All warfare is based on deception"

Robb understood that well enough

15 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

For Jon at the Wall definitely Sun Tzu, Chinese history at defending against nomadic hordes would definitely help him.

Would it? Because im pretty sure the nomadic hordes consistently gave China a hard time.

Robb had plenty of Sun Tzu's wisdom.  he used tactics in all of his victories.  it was precisely his use of the land and natural obstacles that led to one victory after another.  he needed council in the art of sticking to his word and maybe better discipline amongst his men.  Jon and the NW did fine defending the wall against the horde.  Nothing you can do to overcome those numbers over time. They got saved in the end because they needed saving.  they held on until the save came because of good tactics overall.  Not many of them Jon's though, mostly set up by predecessors over millennia.  

Jon fell from discipline and lack of leadership as well.  Almost like Jon and Robb were 15 year old kids (give or take).  Men grown or not and accomplished at a young age or not, old veterans and Lords (all seasoned leaders of their own lands) will always give a less experienced leader with a good heart trouble.  These two needed more Blackfish types around them.  

Sigmund Freud?  Any successful leader in business and government could help.  They were both arrogant young men.  They executed subordinates while they were themselves making the most damaging mistakes for their own people.  They didn't take the time to understand where power comes from.  Robb Stark insulted his most powerful source of resources and Jon betrayed his organization.  The cobbler down the street could have told them to not do this.    

12 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Jon Snow did nothing wrong. It’s not his fault that the Nights Watch and the Free Folk spent millennia acting on bigotry.

Of course not! The Starks are savage Other stooges. They kill and eat their enemies. They sacrifice to the Weirwood and Others. It is known. 

Plus they warg direwolves. Creepy ugly evil 

Archived