Why Daenerys is a better ruler and leader than Jon

1 hour ago, broken one said:

Tywin Lannister, who nominated the warden, did not mind if the NW fell utterly. And the Queen took up some hostile movements against this respectable order, including a plot to assasinate its lord commander. Jon does not know that, but what he knows the IT is absolutely indifferent to NW problems, while Stannis helps and so he invested in Stannis, trying to keep appearances of neutrality but it wont change anything. IT is indifferent to hostile. The warden of the north and his lovely son are threat to NW in the whole situation. To fight enemy in the north NW has to have safe back and support of Stannis. This is why smacking the so called warden between his pale eyes is very good idea.

Smacking the Warden of the North?  That's not the job of the Night's Watch and its lord commander.  They have a specific purpose and it's not to engage the Warden of the North in battle. 

9 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Just merge your 900 accounts and put it all into one post. 

Oh pleeeeaase! Even the other real Dany worshipping Stark haters (those having a separate personality as well as account) won't bother to read the whole stuff. After all, they spout the same.... Stuff 

9 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I do not, but I would ask the same question if you're so obsessed with a character as to create so many accounts just to spam this forum.

I live on this forum like 1.5 hrs total daily. Those guys pop in once a week or so and whatever they post has Dany as the Fairy Godmother Queen with the sun shining out her ass crack while Jon is the head of the evil savage Stark coven ruining the world. It may be a surprise to ya'll haters but we do post and discuss about other stuff 

11 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Jon takes command of the Night's Watch, which has stood together for over a thousand years, and dragged them into war with the Warden of the North for the sake of his sister.  It wouldn't be as bad if he had done this years ago.  The watch would have time to recover after they caesared him.  But this is a really bad time to sow chaos. 

Not really. Jon aligned himself with Stannis who was the legitimate heir to the throne. That supersedes the claim of Boltons as Wardens of the North, a title which was NOT given to them by a legitimate ruler.

19 minutes ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

Not really. Jon aligned himself with Stannis who was the legitimate heir to the throne. That supersedes the claim of Boltons as Wardens of the North, a title which was NOT given to them by a legitimate ruler.

But what about Jon's attack on the Janos?

The poor innocent martyr not at all executed for mutiny.

12 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

But what about Jon's attack on the Janos?

The poor innocent martyr not at all executed for mutiny.

What Janos did to Jon was not as bad as Jon’s physical attack on Aliser Thorne.  Janos was disrespectful but that falls short of a physical attack.  Jon got a break.  He should have given Janos a break.

2 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

What Janos did to Jon was not as bad as Jon’s physical attack on Aliser Thorne.

A. That's whataboutism. B. Jon wasn't acting against the Lord Commander

3 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Janos was disrespectful but that falls short of a physical attack.

Janos was in open mutiny, and challenging his authority. Haven't we already talked about this, what with your 900 different accounts.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:28 AM, Rose of Red Lake said:

Ramsay is a virus that flays your skin off. 

Jon is a cancer that screwed the night,s Watch.  Just joking.

Ramsay is evil.  He’s bad from the time he was little. But the mission to help Arya(it was actually Jeyne Poole) shouldn’t have happened.  People love their sisters. I get that that. But a sister on one side of the scale doesn’t balance the lives on the other side.  I don’t care for Arya and it’s easy for me to want her dispatched.  But even one who does like her should see the problem with choosing a sister over the watch.  It seems you like Arya.  We ( you, me, and her fans) are not gonna see eye to eye.  I don’t have a problem with that. 

29 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

But even one who does like her should see the problem with choosing a sister over the watch.  It seems you like Arya.  We ( you, me, and her fans) are not gonna see eye to eye.  I don’t have a problem with that. 

She's my least favorite Stark and I'm not interested in her chapters at all. But if GRRM says the Starks are the heroes then I'm not going to argue that she will be the final boss or that she needs to be "dispatched" (??).

I also dont care if Jon leaves the Watch to go help people. He is a better knight than anyone Sansa met in the South. Jon's moral compass is not broken, and that's all you should really care about.

27 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Jon's moral compass is not broken, and that's all you should really care about.

I can't say I agree with this theory. The story is filled with good honorable people with the best intentions that therefore make the worst rulers, case in point, Ned

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Jon is a cancer that screwed the night,s Watch.  Just joking.

Ramsay is evil.  He’s bad from the time he was little. But the mission to help Arya(it was actually Jeyne Poole) shouldn’t have happened.  People love their sisters. I get that that. But a sister on one side of the scale doesn’t balance the lives on the other side.  I don’t care for Arya and it’s easy for me to want her dispatched.  But even one who does like her should see the problem with choosing a sister over the watch.  It seems you like Arya.  We ( you, me, and her fans) are not gonna see eye to eye.  I don’t have a problem with that. 

Yes, I am sure every one of us would sternly look on (or look the other way) while our siblings were raped and abused, and proclaim ourselves the most moral of men for doing so.

14 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I can't say I agree with this theory. The story is filled with good honorable people with the best intentions that therefore make the worst rulers, case in point, Ned

Making dishonorable decisions for the greater good is different than a broken moral compass altogether. I'd be more worried about Jon if he wanted power for himself and didn't care who he had to kill to get it.

22 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Making dishonorable decisions for the greater good is different than a broken moral compass altogether. I'd be more worried about Jon if he wanted power for himself and didn't care who he had to kill to get it.

I'd honestly be more worried for Jon if he could be so cold as to ignore what he believed to be his beloved sister probably getting violently abused (in the best case) by a monster like Ramsay.  That is not the Jon we know or support, and given what Jon was willing to do for Alys Karstark, the daughter of someone he probably doesn't like so much, it would be pretty shocking and out of chracter for Jon to ignore Arya's well-being.

1 minute ago, Tagganaro said:

I'd honestly be more worried for Jon if he could be so cold as to ignore what he believed to be his beloved sister probably getting violently abused (in the best case) by a monster like Ramsay.  That is not the Jon we know or support, and given what Jon was willing to do for Alys Karstark, the daughter of someone he probably doesn't like so much, it would be pretty shocking and out of chracter for Jon to ignore Arya's well-being.

I agree with you, it's a good sign that he cares about her, especially when there are so many other characters who don't give a flying flip about their family. But I would hope he would still care, even if its Jeyne. I think Sansa would. 

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Ned wasn't a bad ruler. He successfully ruled the North for a long time. He was bad a political intrigue.

7 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Ned wasn't a bad ruler. He successfully ruled the North for a long time. He was bad a political intrigue.

Eddard ruled his lands easily because he was the top man at the North.  He inherited and ruled by right of his title.  He wasn't all that effective in the big city because  he was below Robert and the Lannisters. 

5 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Eddard ruled his lands easily because he was the top man at the North.  He inherited and ruled by right of his title.  He wasn't all that effective in the big city because  he was below Robert and the Lannisters. 

Yes, that being political intrigue. He wasn't bad at ruling in KL either, he was bad at other things. What poor ruling examples are there of him?

Archived