Why Daenerys is a better ruler and leader than Jon

9 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

What poor ruling examples are there of him?

Allowing the Boltons, Ryswells and Dustins (aka Barbrey) to form a very strong anti Stark power block in the North

In general caring more for honor then the lives of his own people. Ned's honor in KL directly led to a war that decimated the North.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Allowing the Boltons, Ryswells and Dustins (aka Barbrey) to form a very strong anti Stark power block in the North

That's something that happened after he died. He had no reason to suspect anything before then, and what should him have done? attacking them with no reason? barring them from marrying eachother?

Even then, for all of Ned's life that ''''''''alliance''''''''''' was no threat to him or Winterfell. The North alone could deal with those three houses, and he could've gotten help from the Riverlands, the Vale and the Crown. 

In general caring more for honor then the lives of his own people. Ned's honor in KL directly led to a war that decimated the North.

Those weren't ruling decisions. He chose to try to save the lives of three children, a good thing, and failed masively. But it wasn't tied to ruling in any way.

Just now, CamiloRP said:

Those weren't ruling decisions. He chose to try to save the lives of three children, a good thing, and failed masively. But it wasn't tied to ruling in any way.

Everything is tied to ruling. Ned made a choice as the Hand of the King that directly plunged the realm in it's most bloody civil war

Dany is the only character in ASOIAF who is really learning to rule through her mistakes and failures. Jon Arryn, Robert, Ned, Tywin, Rob and Jon snow are all dead for their own personal interests and not for the interests of the people who ruled/led! Cersei and Stannis are too busy digging their own graves! Its so funny that people say Dany is good at conquering but terrible at governing when her whole arc in ADWD is just the opposite. Her conqueror side brought more negative than positive results and that is why she chose to stay in Meereen and be a queen = ruler. She speaks several languages, the loyalty of her armies is not bought with gold, she knows how to deal with mercenaries and much worse people, she is charismatic, intelligent, fair, she cares about the needs of her people, she knows when to be relentless, she has sense of duty, she doesn't follow any religion but respects all of them, is skeptical of legends, myths and prophecies and has survived poisonings, assassination attempts, sieges, conspiracies and deadly diseases. Anyway, she is better than anyone in ASOIAF and I believe that Martin is preparing her to rule in the end.

2 hours ago, Khal Rhaego Targaryen said:

Dany is the only character in ASOIAF who is really learning to rule through her mistakes and failures. Jon Arryn, Robert, Ned, Tywin, Rob and Jon snow are all dead for their own personal interests and not for the interests of the people who ruled/led! Cersei and Stannis are too busy digging their own graves! Its so funny that people say Dany is good at conquering but terrible at governing when her whole arc in ADWD is just the opposite. Her conqueror side brought more negative than positive results and that is why she chose to stay in Meereen and be a queen = ruler. She speaks several languages, the loyalty of her armies is not bought with gold, she knows how to deal with mercenaries and much worse people, she is charismatic, intelligent, fair, she cares about the needs of her people, she knows when to be relentless, she has sense of duty, she doesn't follow any religion but respects all of them, is skeptical of legends, myths and prophecies and has survived poisonings, assassination attempts, sieges, conspiracies and deadly diseases. Anyway, she is better than anyone in ASOIAF and I believe that Martin is preparing her to rule in the end.

:agree:

Jon already failed at the watch.  The Emancipation of the Slaves is an ongoing process. A comparison of these two should wait until the results of Dany's reforms.  I feel confident right now.  The girl will pull out a victory to end the masters for good.  It's better if that could get done with only a little violence but it depends on how the masters decide.  The masters have the power to end slavery and accept peace.  Dany will make the right choice. 

The "bad guys" like you pushed this thread off the tracks.  :P

7 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yes, you and all your accounts.

We know.

Dany-haters and Stark fans are the villains of the internet.  There's going to be a day of reckoning for you.  B)

21 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Every high lord have ambitious vassals.  At least Roose and Barbrey weren't as bad as Rickard, Brandon, Arryn, and Robert.  I'm talking about the Southron Ambition conspiracy.  It was treason.  

3 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Dany-haters and Stark fans are the villains of the internet.  There's going to be a day of reckoning for you.  B)

Agreed. Tho you should add Stark-haters and Dany fans to the list. (Well, not all fans, just the irrational/dickish ones)

5 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

There's going to be a day of reckoning for you.  B)

Well first off, I don't like the Starks, maybe with the exception of Jon, but even then, he's a pretty bland character if I'm honest (though not near as bad as Bran). I actually like Dany, I just don't like how everyone worships her, and ignore all the flaws that make her an interesting character.

Also how is there going to be a day of reckoning. Are you getting the Thanos gauntlet?

3 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Agreed. Tho you should add Stark-haters and Dany fans to the list. (Well, not all fans, just the irrational/dickish ones)

I'd narrow it down even more. Not all dickish fans, just the ones that project the fact that they support a character by hating all others.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

At least Roose and Barbrey weren't as bad as Rickard, Brandon, Arryn, and Robert.

I mean given what they did... Yeah I hope you're not going to argue that at least in terms of actions Roose did far worse then Rickard.

9 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I'm talking about the Southron Ambition conspiracy.  It was treason.  

That's debatable. It was setting up some treason that's clear, but nothing they did was actually treasonous, at least not until Aerys went ape.

18 hours ago, Khal Rhaego Targaryen said:

Dany is the only character in ASOIAF who is really learning to rule through her mistakes and failures.

Not entirely. Tho we don't get too many young rulers learning to rule. We don't even have too many candidates. Only Dany, Jon, Joffrey (we know how that turned out), Sweetrobin (he's not even old enough), Tommen (neither is he) and Robb (who had his own rise, but died). Only Daenerys and Jon are left. And they do actually progress on learnig to rule.

13 minutes ago, HerblYY said:

Only Daenerys and Jon are left. And they do actually progress on learnig to rule.

And as I said until my mouth was dry, they actually progress basically in parallel, mirroring each other. TWOW should be a point of divergence in how their leadership arks evolve, but even then it's going to be quite late into TWOW

5 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

And as I said until my mouth was dry, they actually progress basically in parallel, mirroring each other. TWOW should be a point of divergence in how their leadership arks evolve, but even then it's going to be quite late into TWOW

Considering how big TWOW will be...Because I actually believe George does have a progress in these times. According to what he's been posting on his blog, he might already have Arya back in Westeros, Dany arrived, Jon wherever he (I mean George) wants to, Rickon at Winterfell,  Bran already returning back from the wall, etc...And he just said nothing about Arianne, Davos, Sansa, Sam, Jon and Daenerys.

13 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

- Everyone else is a "Stark fan" and a "Dany hater"

Yeah, I find this interesting. There's been some (well deserved) push back recently on the Dany wanking, and somehow all those who do that are Stark fans. Shows who they hate and who's the enemy for them I guess...

7 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Well first off, I don't like the Starks, maybe with the exception of Jon, but even then, he's a pretty bland character if I'm honest (though not near as bad as Bran). I actually like Dany, I just don't like how everyone worships her, and ignore all the flaws that make her an interesting character.

Also how is there going to be a day of reckoning. Are you getting the Thanos gauntlet?

It's interesting for you to say that.  That last line about not liking the readers who worship Dany.  I suppose it goes both ways.   I don't like how their fans defend Jon and Arya.  You know what I'm talking about.  Chaos breaks out every time a non-fan or whatever you call it, criticize the execution of Janos Slynt and the murder (oh yes it was murder) of the old man in Braavos.

Archived