Why Daenerys is a better ruler and leader than Jon

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

What strawman? I'm not attempting to prove you wrong on anything I was just saying what kind of fans I was referring too.

"m talking about the Dany worshippers that think she's the Messiah abd everyone else the antichrist"

This strawman. These people do not exist and I find it funny that a supposed Dany fab like yourself does nothing all day but bash Dany fans such as the last page of this thread. But please do continue it is amusing.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

"m talking about the Dany worshippers that think she's the Messiah abd everyone else the antichrist"

This strawman. These people do not exist and I find it funny that a supposed Dany fab like yourself does nothing all day but bash Dany fans such as the last page of this thread. But please do continue it is amusing.

Mate, if you think I'm strawmaning, look at the KL wildfire thread.

Or the Jon and Arya at Crasters thread

I could go on, but those are the really special ones.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Mate, if you think I'm strawmaning, look at the KL wildfire thread.

Or the Jon and Arya at Crasters thread

I could go on, but those are the really special ones.

I have read those threads and I stand by wit what I posted.

45 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:
3 hours ago, Khal Rhaego Targaryen said:

Dude, you're just obsessed with this mania of chasing a fictional character in this forum lol go to the balcony and breathe some fresh air 

The horror the hypocrisy... 

Should we tell them?

Dany will become the better ruler because she has a keen mind and strong self-discipline.  Dany's beauty and athletic skill will fade with time but those aren't a requirement to rule.  The good ruler will be unbiased and objective.  Dany is helped in part because she doesn't have any surviving close family to influence her decisions.  Family connection is what doomed Jon Snow.  He will be recorded in history as a bad lord commander. 

It doesn't matter if you like it or not, but having and leading an army is a necessary ability for rulers in Martin's planetos.  Tommen is the last monarch to have a throne handed to him.  Those who follow will have to earn it. 

18 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Dany will become the better ruler because she has a keen mind and strong self-discipline.

Especially with the walking STD carrier that is Daario.

19 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Dany's beauty and athletic skill will fade with time but those aren't a requirement to rule.

Athletic skill? What are you even talking about?

19 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Dany is helped in part because she doesn't have any surviving close family to influence her decisions.

I mean she does. Aegon first and foremost will influence quite a lot of decisions in TWOW, and Jon even more in ADOS. Not saying that makes a difference as a ruler, but the idea that she doesn't have any family to influence her is barely right right now, and even then she does have the added burden of her family's legacy.

21 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Family connection is what doomed Jon Snow.

No, it was being shit at using his underlings, something that btw Dany truly excels at. You should point that out. Most of her close appointments are of loyal and competent men, and she makes sure that all her advisors feel listened too, even if she disagrees.

22 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

He will be recorded in history as a bad lord commander. 

I doubt it. He did what was necessary to save the Watch, or at least delay the Walls fall. And anyway, his story is far from ending.

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Should we tell them?

Ignorance is bliss. Let's leave them to their fancies. Someone else can burst their bubble. Or at least try to. Coz it's made of molten titanium adamantium vibranium diamond alloy. 

3 hours ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Dany will become the better ruler because she has a keen mind and strong self-discipline.

Especially with the walking STD carrier that is Daario

:rofl:AIDS can't affect the elite godly Valyrian race blah blah blah fairy Godmother Queen Dany of blah blah blah. @Rose of Red Lake can put it better i bet ;)

Dany's beauty and athletic skill will fade with time but those aren't a requirement to rule.

Athletic skill? What are you even talking about?

The same racist gene crap ig

He will be recorded in history as a bad lord commander. 

I doubt it. He did what was necessary to save the Watch, or at least delay the Walls fall. And anyway, his story is far from ending

Both are trueer than Cersei being a nymphomaniac 

21 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Dany makes a choice. Somehow staying with the Dothraki is forgetting who you are. "Remember who you are" comes up again at the end of ADWD.

Dany remembers the place she was previously unsatisfied with, as a happy home now. It's like Sansa remembering the good times in Winterfell after her fairy tale in the South went to hell. Sansa is over it, while Dany is still acting toward a new fairy tale in Westeros. It's not necessarily wrong to want out of the situation she was sold into, and being proud of one's heritage is normal, but she romanticizes the past/future a lot still, very late in the story.

All true, but that very day, reality came crashing down on her.

22 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Alyn does bash Dany and her fans all the time.  We're still here.  You're still here.  He's accusing Dany fans of misconduct.  You name it.  My opinion only, but it looks like Alyn is obsessed with tearing down Dany and defending the Starks.  It doesn't work.  :)

7 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Alyn is obsessed with tearing down Dany and defending the Starks.  It doesn't work.  :)

You do know that of all the threads I've made about bad rulers two of them were Starks, and only one Dany (and Cersei, but given the stuff she does, criticizing her is like saying water is wet). I don't defend the Starks unless someone pulls out something like "Arya will blow up KL". And I've yet to see someone pulling out similar levels of bs on Dany, which is both a good and bad thing.

19 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

No reflection on why that happened. Just thinks Mirri betrayed her. She still romanticizes Westeros and is gunning for the IT. I expect this cycle to repeat until she does herself in.

Yes, By comparison Jon's brooding, while a potential problem, does mean that he self analyzes a lot. In ADWD it's mostly about what his vows mean and what to do, but going into TWOW we can expect him to finally take a look at his leadership and why he fucked up.

Dany on the other hand has "if I look back I am lost" as a personal motto.

2 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Alyn does bash Dany and her fans all the time.  We're still here.  You're still here.  He's accusing Dany fans of misconduct.  You name it.  My opinion only, but it looks like Alyn is obsessed with tearing down Dany and defending the Starks.  It doesn't work.  :)

But, but, but he is Dany fan?

:lmao:

7 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You know your funny little joke would be that much funnier if you were able to write properly. Alas, it's not to be

It is not a joke. It is an observation that a so called Dany fan spends all day on this forum bashing Dany and her fans.  I call them I like I see them.

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It is not a joke. It is an observation that a so called Dany fan spends all day on this forum bashing Dany and her fans.  I call them I like I see them.

I never said I'm a Dany fan. I'm not really a fan of anyone really. Alright maybe Stannis, but I know he's a lost cause storywise.

The point is, while I like Dany, when so many people are spewing this:

Dany will become the better ruler because she has a keen mind and strong self-discipline.  Dany's beauty and athletic skill will fade with time but those aren't a requirement to rule.  The good ruler will be unbiased and objective.  Dany is helped in part because she doesn't have any surviving close family to influence her decisions.  Family connection is what doomed Jon Snow.  He will be recorded in history as a bad lord commander.

You gotta somehow respond. And this particular one is a mild case, just what I've found on this page. There are many that are far, far worse.

26 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I never said I'm a Dany fan. I'm not really a fan of anyone really. Alright maybe Stannis, but I know he's a lost cause storywise.

The point is, while I like Dany, when so many people are spewing this:

You gotta somehow respond. And this particular one is a mild case, just what I've found on this page. There are many that are far, far worse.

Why do HAVE to respond? What was so outlandish about that post that you just had to comment?  Seriously? I see posts all day on this thread that I disagree with and for some reason I don't feel a need to respond.

Archived