How to win WOT5K (Renly)

Mark O'Kane

Quite an easy one to be honest. Renly lost but if had done some things differently he wouldn't have had a problem. I assume Renly's character for this essay but I am in character as lots of people forget you have to stay in character. 

A major problem I immediately identify is that Renly needs to be marshalling his full power available to him. House Hightower is absent from his host which shouldn't be tolerated. I would tell ALL the Reacherlords to send me their maximum power because their king commands it and anything less is treason. If this failed I would use my charisma to persuade them. House Hightower is a sleeping giant and Renly needs must blow the horn to wake the giants from the earth... The Reach alone should be giving Renly 100,000 men. The Stormlords have a maximum strength of 30,000 so again they would be told they have to send all their men with no exceptions or they are dishonourable. From the get go I have an even more larger army than OTL through political skills. 

The next massive error is that Renly is not considered a powerful warrior as he was defeated by the hound at jousting. To fix this I would train with the Rainbow Guard and have them drill me on all types of weapons like Jaehaerys the first did. I wouldn't stop until I was able to defeat all of them at once and then I would send out ravens to all the lords of westeros to tell them how powerful I have become because I can beat the Rainbow guards all at once, winning me their respect.  

I would also send a Raven to Stannis inviting him to Highgarden and telling him that he can be king and I will support him with my massive army so come quick. Once Stannis arrives outside the walls of Highgarden I would give the signal which would be me eating a peach and at that, Loras would run at Stannis with a horse and drive a lance through his heart, killing him before I give the second signal which is me blowing a trumpet which causes the Raimblw Guard to jump from the ramparts and arrange themselves in Rainbow order behind me before they pose and them rush at Stannis' men, defeating them with their skill. Brienne is given the task of locating Melisandre and capturing her with chains that negate her abilities that I obtained from the Citadel as she will be able to help me later. 

I will send raven to Robb Stark at Riverrun and say that I only want to be the Rose King and that he can have the North and Riverlands so can he share his battleplans so we can co-ordinate. Robb complies and sends me his battleplans as he doesn't feel threatened. I will then dispatch Loras northward at the head of 20,000 good cavalry men who will intercept Robb and his 6000 men, taking them unawares from behind just as they finish defeating Stafford at Oxcross. Loras knocks Robb out with a headstrike of his longaxe on the helm and he captures him, ordering the Northerners to drop their arms and clothes and dismount as they are outnumbered and if they don't Robb will be decapitated. Grey Wind will be captured with nets. The Northerners are then commanded by Loras to return to the North and to speak nothing of this. Loras then has 6000 of his men put on the Northmen's outfits and to savagely pillage the Westerlands. Loras then sends a raven to Renly telling him step one of the plan is complete.

Loras dispatches a raven to Harrenhal pretending to be Stafford, telling Tywin that the Northerners are raiding all over the place and the day is lost and he overheard all the Northerners boasting about how they will steal all Tywin's gold. 

Loras will then send a raven to Edmure Tully, saying he has to throw his full power at Tywin or Robb will be decapitated (Tywin has taken the bait and is returning West). Edmure and Tywin's forces clash and while Tywin is distracted, Loras at the head of his 14,000 Cavalry swing around and take him unawares from behind. 

Loras captures Tywin, Kevan, Tyrion and all the other Western lords present and awaits Renly who approaches with his army. Renly tells all the Western Soldiers to return home in peace but once they are almost out of sight he dispatches Loras at the head of 20,000 (my 6000 men in the Westerlands have returned) mounted lances to take them unawares from behind and kill them by penetrating them with their lances and he has Tywin watch and he then explains to Tywin that he is way more tactical and clever than him. 

I (Renly) then speak with Robb and Edmure, explaining to them how powerful of a warrior I am with lots of different weapons and how smart I am. I go on to tell them how charismatic I am and how everyone likes me and I am very politically minded and I have been playing Game of Thrones for a long time and know the rules very deeply. I show mercy when I can like that time Loras spared the 6000 Northerners and I am very generous with stuff sometimes. I then pummel Robb and Edmure with a flurry of blows, bringing them to their knees with my strength to show them my power but I then offer them a hand of friendship and they take it, their voices thick with emotion as they agree that I am a good king and they are my leal King's men. Robb and Edmure give me Jaime in exchange for Grey Wind and the Riverlords join my army, bringing my total to 150,000. I then dispatch a raven to Dorne, offering Tywin, Amory Lorch and Gregor Clegane in exchange for Dorne's support. Enroute to King's Landing we are joined by Roose Bolton's 10,000 men who were camping at The Twins and outside Kings Landing we are joined by Oberyn Martell and 25,000 Dornishmen - my army totalling 185,000. 

Joffrey and Cersei can't believe this and are in serious trouble, but all they do is instill panic in KL while hiding in the Red Keep. 

I send Loras and 20 good men into KL to rescue the Redwyne twins under cover of darkness and then when they are safe the Redwyne Fleet is safe to block Blackwater Bay. I now have a plan to enter KL.

I send Robb at the head of the 10,000 Northerners to attack the city, but then when their backs are turned I take them unawares from behind, charging personally at Robb with my Rainbow Guard, Garlan Tyrell, Randyll Tarly and 20 good men, yelling that he will not repeat his savagery of the Westerlands on the good men and women of Kings Landing! 'They are innocent!' I would yell as me and my men leap into the fray. Robb at this point knows he has been politically outsmarted and prepares to make a last stand. 

Robb draws his sword but just then Roose Bolton draws his Valyrian Steel knife as he is loyal to me (We had discussions the previous night and found we had a lot in common as Roose enjoys polite speech, fashion and looking after himself to make himself look fresh and it was his idea to volunteer to help take down Robb) and they begin a deadly duel. Roose is about to get defeated as while he is very skilled Robb has a sword which is better than a knife but then I switch to my bow and shoot Robbs sword from his hand before switching back to my sword. Robb kicks Roose Bolton away who backflips away and then Robb orders 3 guards to come at me at once but then I choose Garlan Tyrell to engage them and I explain to Robb that Ser Garlan has been preparing for this his whole life by training against multiple opponents. By this point Garlan has decapitated all 3 guards in one swing of his sword. Robb then sends 6 guards at Renly and says 'Deal with this Ser Garlan' but Renly explains that he has trained against all 7 of his rainbow guards at once and he is widely considered to be the finest sword in Westeros now, 6 men are no match but maybe if he had've sent 8 it would be a different story. With that Renly cuts through Robbs Guards like an axe through cheese. Renly then tries to engage Robb in combat but Robb orders Grey Wind to attack! Renly dodges it with a backflip and Grey Wind crashes into Galbart Glover. Renly quickly orders Grey Wind to be captured by nets which is carried out by Robar Royce and Brienne. Robb tries to pick up a knife to stab Renly in the back by throwing it but Oberyn Martll throws his spear and knocks the knife out of the air. Loras then appears and Renly says 'Quick Loras!' And Loras flips off his horse to take Robb unawares from behind with a mighty kick. Renly finishes it by punching Robb to knock him out. By this point the Stark Loyalists have been subdued by Renly's army with minimal casualties. 

The people of KL see Renly is a good man as he cares deeply about them and open the gates, and Renly heads straight towards the Red Keep to finish this. 

Loras, Oberyn and 20 good men are sent to scale the walls and open the portcullis gates and then the 20 good men are equipped with bows and also they are selected as they are expert archers. 

So Loras opens the doors while Oberyn stealthily handles anyone who sees Lorad and the Kingsguard and the Lannister Guards go to fight the Rainbow Guard who are first through the gates and arrange themselves in Rainbow order and then Renly gives the signal which is a fist into the air and then his hidden archers disarm the Kingsguard and Lannister guards by shooting the swords out of their hands and they are quickly arrested. 

Cersei and Joffrey are captured in the throne room and before Cersei can kill herself with the poison from Season 2 (The Strangler) Loras knocks the chalice from her hand with his lance as he rides down the throne room on his stallion. Before the Hound can intercept him he is defeated by Renly who defeats him in single combat before sparing his life as he knows he is an honourable man, offering the hand of friendship. 

The War is officially won but for the Greyjoys. 

Renly then sends the Redwyne Fleet augmented by the Royal Fleet to burn the Iron Fleet and Greyjoy Fleet and it will then ferry a massive Army who will defeat Balon and besiege Pyke before forcing him to swear fealty once more. 

Roose Bolton is named Warden of the North and tasked with repelling any remaining Ironmen and then aiding the Night's Watch against Mance - his reward apart from his new positon as Warden will be legitimizing Ramsay and marrying him to Sansa. Bran is named Lord of Winterfell and Robb is executed in front of a crowd by Renly as he who swings the sword has to carry out the sentence and as he does it Robb is chastised by Renly for trying to be a King and his father would be ashamed. Renly would scream 'He was my friend!' To teach the Kingslanders how close he was to Ned before he defeats Robb with Ice before sending it to Bran as it now belongs to him and Ned's bones are also sent as a token of friendship. Grey Wind is released into the Kingswood as it is what Robb would have wanted. Catelyn is released but Bran is fined a massive amount of silver for her actions. 

House Tully is stripped of Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Garlan Tyrell is named in their stead, Forming House Tyrell of Harrenhal, which will be his seat. Harrenhal will be renovated and restored using the gold of Casterly Rock to fund this project. I will explain to the Riverlords that Garlan is so gallant and he is a good man and will be a fine overlord worthy of the title. 

All the Westermen Lords captured along with any Lannister soldiers captured will be sent to the Wall or offered a quick clean execution. Jaime Tyrion Lancel and Kevan along with all other Lannisters are all executed and House Lannister is stripped of all titles, gold and lands as punishment for cuckholding Robert, invading the Riverlands and then not bowing before me. Any remaining in the West are exiled to Essos while Casterly Rock is taken for the Crown to possess as it's personal property. Renly's second Heir can have his seat here in time and rule as Warden of the West, and until then it is garrisoned by men of the Reach under the heir of Lord Hightower, Baelor, who will govern Lannisport as he will have experience from Oldtown. 

Joffrey and Cersei are executed by Renly personally. Tommen and Myrcella are  sent to Storm's End as wards and are stripped of their surnames and given the name Waters. 

Janos Slynt is arrested publically and then tortured for information on Neds betrayal and reveals it was Littlefinger who bought him and betrayed Ned and I have then both executed. All members of the Kingsguard are executed or given the choice of the Wall which I imagine they all (Trant Blout Swann Oakheart Moore - Jaime already executed, Selmy is gone already, Greenfield dead) take. Pycelle to my knowledge is neutral as is Varys. 

Small Council

Hand - Mace Tyrell

Master of Ships - Paxter Redwyne

Master of Whisperers - Varys

Master of Coin - Matthis Rowan

Master of Laws - Randyll Tarly

Grandmaester - Pycelle

Lord Commander - Loras

Kingsguard - Rainbow Guard - Loras, Brienne, Robar Royce, Bryce Caron, Emmon Cuy, Guyard Morrigen, Parmen Crane

Commander of City Watch - Hyle Hunt - serves under Tarly who is Master of Laws and doesn't stand for corruption and is harsh but fair.

I forgot about Melisandre - at the Battle of Winterfell against the Others she will be utilized to light the trench to defend against the wights.

If I were Renly and wanted to win the War of the Five Kings, I would have sworn fealty to Stannis, the rightful heir, joined my forces with his and marched on Kings Landing. No need for kinslaying. Alas, I am not Renly. If I were, he'd be smarter.

10 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

If I were Renly and wanted to win the War of the Five Kings, I would have sworn fealty to Stannis, the rightful heir, joined my forces with his and marched on Kings Landing. No need for kinslaying. Alas, I am not Renly. If I were, he'd be smarter.

Actually Tyrells might not have liked idea about kneeling to a king who had married a Florent. Or I suspect that they would have supported any king as long that king was NOT Stannis. So by supporting his older brother Renly would have lost most of his army and without Tyrells combined armies of house Baratheon might not have been enough to win Wot4K.

1 hour ago, Loose Bolt said:

Actually Tyrells might not have liked idea about kneeling to a king who had married a Florent. Or I suspect that they would have supported any king as long that king was NOT Stannis. So by supporting his older brother Renly would have lost most of his army and without Tyrells combined armies of house Baratheon might not have been enough to win Wot4K.

Renly had the stormlords on his side, and Stannis won them later. Neither needed the Tyrells to take Kings Landing. Stannis would have done so if he hadn't been surprised by Tywin. A Stannis/Renly union would probably have gotten to Kings Landing more quickly and likely would havw taken KL. That's all they would have needed to do to make the neutral Tyrells and Martells bend the knee is take the Iron Throne.

1 hour ago, Nathan Stark said:

I'll never not find it funny that the one with the largest army ever marshalled in Westeros was the dumb one by not bending the knee. 

The smart thing would've been disbanding his huge army, offending  his lords and joining Stannis because he claims to be the true King by offering literally zero proof whatsoever...

9 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Neither needed the Tyrells to take Kings Landing.

But they certainly did need that they didn't join Joffrey.

10 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

A Stannis/Renly union would probably have gotten to Kings Landing more quickly and likely would havw taken KL.

Tywin was sitting in Harrenhall for that very reason. They would have never had taken the city fast enough before Tywin caught them.

11 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

That's all they would have needed to do to make the neutral Tyrells and Martells bend the knee is take the Iron Throne.

You assume that they would be neutrals. But neither really were. The Martells joined the Lannisters in alliance and since Mace wants his grandson to be King...

27 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Step two: Win the War easily

Can you tell me how are they supposed to win the war easily??

27 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Step three: be the heir to the realm, with a Lord Paramountship, married to the daughter of another Lord Paramount.

Perhaps you didn't read Stannis saying that his position as heir would always be temporary.

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Until he produces a son by Selyse. Aka never.

Says who?? And it's until he has a son. Selyse is not really part of the deal, he can show his renown bending skills and ditch his wife just as easy as Selyse could die and he remarry. 

Don't know why anyone would think that giving up the crown for Stannis would be a good idea.

Stannis is a unpopular man that would break his biggest alliance(Tyrells), and gain him nothing, without alliances of his own, with a weird religion that would turn more people against him. 

The only thing Renly needed to do was to move out of his ass, and take the city, he cleary was capable of it, since Stannis with 1/4 of his men almost did it, from there he can plan his next move the way he wants... he can use soo many tools to bring Robb into the fold without a fight... (helping him to go north with the Redwyne fleet, or attacking Balon, Sansa, Ice, Joffrey's head, and so on).

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

He'd gain the ability to bend his knee to the One True King of Westeros

And how does Renly profit from it?

As far as I care, Stannis being the rightfull king is as good as Aerys II or Viserys III being the rightfull king(probably worst since he can't even prove his case). It means nothing

19 hours ago, Mark O'Kane said:

Quite an easy one to be honest. Renly lost but if had done some things differently he wouldn't have had a problem. I assume Renly's character for this essay but I am in character as lots of people forget you have to stay in character. 

Somehow I don't think you will...

A major problem I immediately identify is that Renly needs to be marshalling his full power available to him. House Hightower is absent from his host which shouldn't be tolerated. I would tell ALL the Reacherlords to send me their maximum power because their king commands it and anything less is treason.

And then what? spend valuable war time marching on Oldtown? pointless.

Renly wouldn't do this, just like Robert, he wants to be beloved, being hard on your supporters is the opposite of that.

If this failed I would use my charisma to persuade them.

Great choice, first threaten them, and then sweet talk them, that will definitively work.

House Hightower is a sleeping giant and Renly needs must blow the horn to wake the giants from the earth... The Reach alone should be giving Renly 100,000 men. The Stormlords have a maximum strength of 30,000 so again they would be told they have to send all their men with no exceptions or they are dishonourable.

That's dumb because it makes their land so fucking easy targets. 

Renly wouldn't do this, just like Robert, he wants to be beloved, being hard on your supporters is the opposite of that.

From the get go I have an even more larger army than OTL through political skills. 

Political skills being a successful persuasion check with disadvantage?

The next massive error is that Renly is not considered a powerful warrior as he was defeated by the hound at jousting. To fix this I would train with the Rainbow Guard and have them drill me on all types of weapons like Jaehaerys the first did. I wouldn't stop until I was able to defeat all of them at once and then I would send out ravens to all the lords of westeros to tell them how powerful I have become because I can beat the Rainbow guards all at once, winning me their respect.  

First of all, that would take a long long time. Even then, you might never be able to do so, as natural skill plays a part in it, not just training. Lastly, why would they believe hat you claim? and wouldn't that make you sound like an insecure little boy?

I would also send a Raven to Stannis inviting him to Highgarden and telling him that he can be king and I will support him with my massive army so come quick. Once Stannis arrives outside the walls of Highgarden I would give the signal which would be me eating a peach and at that, Loras would run at Stannis with a horse and drive a lance through his heart, killing him before I give the second signal which is me blowing a trumpet which causes the Raimblw Guard to jump from the ramparts and arrange themselves in Rainbow order behind me before they pose and them rush at Stannis' men, defeating them with their skill.

This is not in Renly's character, he wouldn't kill his brother.

He would also not act so dishonorably. 

Leading the charge would make it more likely that you would die, not a good idea. And nothing guarantees you that Stanis's men won't kill you after you kill him, or kill Loras before he kills Stannis. Stannis won't go talk to you alone, he will have guards.

What if Stannis's men defeat your own?

Brienne is given the task of locating Melisandre and capturing her with chains that negate her abilities that I obtained from the Citadel as she will be able to help me later. 

Do such chains exist? Does Renly know about them? Does he even know of Mel's powers? Will the people in Oldtown give them to him?

I will send raven to Robb Stark at Riverrun and say that I only want to be the Rose King and that he can have the North and Riverlands so can he share his battleplans so we can co-ordinate. Robb complies and sends me his battleplans as he doesn't feel threatened. 

After you betrayed and murderer your own brother? why would he?

I will then dispatch Loras northward at the head of 20,000 good cavalry men who will intercept Robb and his 6000 men, taking them unawares from behind just as they finish defeating Stafford at Oxcross.

What if you don't take them unawares? The movements of such large armies are hard to keep secret.

Renly wouldn't act so dishonorably.

Loras knocks Robb out with a headstrike of his longaxe on the helm and he captures him, ordering the Northerners to drop their arms and clothes and dismount as they are outnumbered and if they don't Robb will be decapitated.

What if some other random guy kills Robb first? What if him or his escort kill Loras? What if Loras hits him too hard and kills him?

Grey Wind will be captured with nets. The Northerners are then commanded by Loras to return to the North and to speak nothing of this.

Why would they obey after you let them go?

Loras then has 6000 of his men put on the Northmen's outfits and to savagely pillage the Westerlands. Loras then sends a raven to Renly telling him step one of the plan is complete.

Loras dispatches a raven to Harrenhal pretending to be Stafford, telling Tywin that the Northerners are raiding all over the place and the day is lost and he overheard all the Northerners boasting about how they will steal all Tywin's gold. 

How does he pull this off? If it was so easy to forge letters, everyone would do it.

Loras will then send a raven to Edmure Tully, saying he has to throw his full power at Tywin or Robb will be decapitated (Tywin has taken the bait and is returning West). Edmure and Tywin's forces clash and while Tywin is distracted, Loras at the head of his 14,000 Cavalry swing around and take him unawares from behind. 

Loras captures Tywin, Kevan, Tyrion and all the other Western lords present and awaits Renly who approaches with his army. Renly tells all the Western Soldiers to return home in peace but once they are almost out of sight he dispatches Loras at the head of 20,000 (my 6000 men in the Westerlands have returned) mounted lances to take them unawares from behind and kill them by penetrating them with their lances and he has Tywin watch and he then explains to Tywin that he is way more tactical and clever than him. 

Why not just kill them in the spot?

The bold bit is hilarious. 

I (Renly) then speak with Robb and Edmure, explaining to them how powerful of a warrior I am with lots of different weapons and how smart I am. I go on to tell them how charismatic I am and how everyone likes me and I am very politically minded and I have been playing Game of Thrones for a long time and know the rules very deeply.

Pictured: Renly

I show mercy when I can like that time Loras spared the 6000 Northerners and I am very generous with stuff sometimes. I then pummel Robb and Edmure with a flurry of blows, bringing them to their knees with my strength to show them my power but I then offer them a hand of friendship and they take it, their voices thick with emotion as they agree that I am a good king and they are my leal King's men. Robb and Edmure give me Jaime in exchange for Grey Wind and the Riverlords join my army, bringing my total to 150,000. I then dispatch a raven to Dorne, offering Tywin, Amory Lorch and Gregor Clegane in exchange for Dorne's support. Enroute to King's Landing we are joined by Roose Bolton's 10,000 men who were camping at The Twins and outside Kings Landing we are joined by Oberyn Martell and 25,000 Dornishmen - my army totalling 185,000. 

The fuck? Why attacking them when they are already prisoners? I assume they are disarmed. WHat if they win? What if they refuse your conditions? Dorne might claim to support you after that, but they won't go to war. It's written pretty clearly in the books.

Joffrey and Cersei can't believe this and are in serious trouble, but all they do is instill panic in KL while hiding in the Red Keep. 

I send Loras and 20 good men into KL to rescue the Redwyne twins under cover of darkness and then when they are safe the Redwyne Fleet is safe to block Blackwater Bay. I now have a plan to enter KL.

What if Loras is caught? wouldn't you then loose the support of the Tyrells, as he's now a hostage?

I send Robb at the head of the 10,000 Northerners to attack the city, but then when their backs are turned I take them unawares from behind, charging personally at Robb with my Rainbow Guard, Garlan Tyrell, Randyll Tarly and 20 good men, yelling that he will not repeat his savagery of the Westerlands on the good men and women of Kings Landing! 'They are innocent!' I would yell as me and my men leap into the fray. Robb at this point knows he has been politically outsmarted and prepares to make a last stand. 

Thirty men against ten thousand? You will die.

RENLY WILL NEVER ACT SO DISHONORABLY.

Robb draws his sword but just then Roose Bolton draws his Valyrian Steel knife as he is loyal to me (We had discussions the previous night and found we had a lot in common as Roose enjoys polite speech, fashion and looking after himself to make himself look fresh and it was his idea to volunteer to help take down Robb) and they begin a deadly duel.

How would Renly know Roose is down with killing Robb?

Roose is about to get defeated as while he is very skilled Robb has a sword which is better than a knife but then I switch to my bow and shoot Robbs sword from his hand before switching back to my sword.

99.99999999999% chance you'll miss. Why not just kill him with the bow? Why not give Bolton a sword?

Robb kicks Roose Bolton away who backflips away and then Robb orders 3 guards to come at me at once but then I choose Garlan Tyrell to engage them and I explain to Robb that Ser Garlan has been preparing for this his whole life by training against multiple opponents. By this point Garlan has decapitated all 3 guards in one swing of his sword.

How do you know that this is exactly what would happen?

Robb then sends 6 guards at Renly and says 'Deal with this Ser Garlan' but Renly explains that he has trained against all 7 of his rainbow guards at once and he is widely considered to be the finest sword in Westeros now, 6 men are no match but maybe if he had've sent 8 it would be a different story.

What if he sends twenty?

With that Renly cuts through Robbs Guards like an axe through cheese. Renly then tries to engage Robb in combat but Robb orders Grey Wind to attack! Renly dodges it with a backflip and Grey Wind crashes into Galbart Glover. Renly quickly orders Grey Wind to be captured by nets which is carried out by Robar Royce and Brienne. Robb tries to pick up a knife to stab Renly in the back by throwing it but Oberyn Martll throws his spear and knocks the knife out of the air. Loras then appears and Renly says 'Quick Loras!' And Loras flips off his horse to take Robb unawares from behind with a mighty kick. Renly finishes it by punching Robb to knock him out. By this point the Stark Loyalists have been subdued by Renly's army with minimal casualties. 

The fuck is this? I mean, really, have you ever heard of a backflip in a medieval battle? How do you know what non Renly people would do? And, more importantly, what's the bloody purpose of all this? You already had Robb as a prisoner! You could've forced his army to aid yours with no extra work needed.

The people of KL see Renly is a good man as he cares deeply about them and open the gates, and Renly heads straight towards the Red Keep to finish this. 

A good man that has no honor, betrays anyone and killed his own brother.

Loras, Oberyn and 20 good men are sent to scale the walls and open the portcullis gates and then the 20 good men are equipped with bows and also they are selected as they are expert archers. 

So Loras opens the doors while Oberyn stealthily handles anyone who sees Lorad and the Kingsguard and the Lannister Guards go to fight the Rainbow Guard who are first through the gates and arrange themselves in Rainbow order and then Renly gives the signal which is a fist into the air and then his hidden archers disarm the Kingsguard and Lannister guards by shooting the swords out of their hands and they are quickly arrested. 

This makes no sense. Disarming someone with an arrow is fucking hard, and really stupid when you could just kill them. You can't know the men won't be caught. 

Cersei and Joffrey are captured in the throne room and before Cersei can kill herself with the poison from Season 2 (The Strangler) Loras knocks the chalice from her hand with his lance as he rides down the throne room on his stallion. Before the Hound can intercept him he is defeated by Renly who defeats him in single combat before sparing his life as he knows he is an honourable man, offering the hand of friendship. 

What if Cersei drinks the poison before Loras even gets there? Also, there was no poison in the books. What if the Hound defeats Renly.

The War is officially won but for the Greyjoys. 

Renly then sends the Redwyne Fleet augmented by the Royal Fleet to burn the Iron Fleet and Greyjoy Fleet and it will then ferry a massive Army who will defeat Balon and besiege Pyke before forcing him to swear fealty once more. 

Roose Bolton is named Warden of the North and tasked with repelling any remaining Ironmen and then aiding the Night's Watch against Mance - his reward apart from his new positon as Warden will be legitimizing Ramsay and marrying him to Sansa. Bran is named Lord of Winterfell and Robb is executed in front of a crowd by Renly as he who swings the sword has to carry out the sentence and as he does it Robb is chastised by Renly for trying to be a King and his father would be ashamed. Renly would scream 'He was my friend!' To teach the Kingslanders how close he was to Ned before he defeats Robb with Ice before sending it to Bran as it now belongs to him and Ned's bones are also sent as a token of friendship. Grey Wind is released into the Kingswood as it is what Robb would have wanted. Catelyn is released but Bran is fined a massive amount of silver for her actions. 

Everyone would know Renly and Ned weren't friends.

Renly wouldn't act this way.

The Boltons won't be able to be Wardens of the North while the Starks live.

Releasing/murdering all your hostages is a good way to have them rebel against you.

Renly wouldn't do this. 

House Tully is stripped of Lord Paramount of the Riverlands and Garlan Tyrell is named in their stead, Forming House Tyrell of Harrenhal, which will be his seat. Harrenhal will be renovated and restored using the gold of Casterly Rock to fund this project. I will explain to the Riverlords that Garlan is so gallant and he is a good man and will be a fine overlord worthy of the title. 

All the Westermen Lords captured along with any Lannister soldiers captured will be sent to the Wall or offered a quick clean execution. Jaime Tyrion Lancel and Kevan along with all other Lannisters are all executed and House Lannister is stripped of all titles, gold and lands as punishment for cuckholding Robert, invading the Riverlands and then not bowing before me. Any remaining in the West are exiled to Essos while Casterly Rock is taken for the Crown to possess as it's personal property. Renly's second Heir can have his seat here in time and rule as Warden of the West, and until then it is garrisoned by men of the Reach under the heir of Lord Hightower, Baelor, who will govern Lannisport as he will have experience from Oldtown. 

This is a massive power grab, and no one would be okay with this. Renly is not only king, but also lord of the Sotrmlands, lord of Dragonstone, and Lord of the Westerlands.

Joffrey and Cersei are executed by Renly personally. Tommen and Myrcella are  sent to Storm's End as wards and are stripped of their surnames and given the name Waters. Janos Slynt is arrested publically and then tortured for information on Neds betrayal and reveals it was Littlefinger who bought him and betrayed Ned and I have then both executed.

Renly wouldn't do this.

All members of the Kingsguard are executed or given the choice of the Wall which I imagine they all (Trant Blout Swann Oakheart Moore - Jaime already executed, Selmy is gone already, Greenfield dead) take. Pycelle to my knowledge is neutral as is Varys. 

Renly wouldn't do this.

Small Council

Hand - Mace Tyrell

Master of Ships - Paxter Redwyne

Master of Whisperers - Varys

Master of Coin - Matthis Rowan

Master of Laws - Randyll Tarly

Grandmaester - Pycelle

Lord Commander - Loras

All of them reacher lords. Great idea.

Kingsguard - Rainbow Guard - Loras, Brienne, Robar Royce, Bryce Caron, Emmon Cuy, Guyard Morrigen, Parmen Crane

Commander of City Watch - Hyle Hunt - serves under Tarly who is Master of Laws and doesn't stand for corruption and is harsh but fair.

I forgot about Melisandre - at the Battle of Winterfell against the Others she will be utilized to light the trench to defend against the wights.

Can she do this? Does Renly know? Does he know about the Others?

2 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Somehow I don't think you will...

And then what? spend valuable war time marching on Oldtown? pointless.

Great choice, first threaten them, and then sweet talk them, that will definitively work.

That's dumb because it makes their land so fucking easy targets. 

Political skills being a successful persuasion check with disadvantage?

First of all, that would take a long long time. Even then, you might never be able to do so, as natural skill plays a part in it, not just training. Lastly, why would they believe hat you claim? and wouldn't that make you sound like an insecure little boy?

This is not in Renly's character, he wouldn't kill his brother.

He would also not act so dishonorably. 

Leading the charge would make it more likely that you would die, not a good idea. And nothing guarantees you that Stanis's men won't kill you after you kill him, or kill Loras before he kills Stannis. Stannis won't go talk to you alone, he will have guards.

What if Stannis's men defeat your own?

Do such chains exist? Does Renly know about them? Does he even know of Mel's powers? Will the people in Oldtown give them to him?

After you betrayed and murderer your own brother? why would he?

What if you don't take them unawares? The movements of such large armies are hard to keep secret.

Renly wouldn't act so dishonorably.

What if some other random guy kills Robb first? What if him or his escort kill Loras? What if Loras hits him too hard and kills him?

Why would they obey after you let them go?

How does he pull this off? If it was so easy to forge letters, everyone would do it.

Why not just kill them in the spot?

The bold bit is hilarious. 

Pictured: Renly

The fuck? Why attacking them when they are already prisoners? I assume they are disarmed. WHat if they win? What if they refuse your conditions? Dorne might claim to support you after that, but they won't go to war. It's written pretty clearly in the books.

What if Loras is caught? wouldn't you then loose the support of the Tyrells, as he's now a hostage?

Thirty men against ten thousand? You will die.

RENLY WILL NEVER ACT SO DISHONORABLY.

How would Renly know Roose is down with killing Robb?

99.99999999999% chance you'll miss. Why not just kill him with the bow? Why not give Bolton a sword?

How do you know that this is exactly what would happen?

What if he sends twenty?

The fuck is this? I mean, really, have you ever heard of a backflip in a medieval battle? How do you know what non Renly people would do? And, more importantly, what's the bloody purpose of all this? You already had Robb as a prisoner! You could've forced his army to aid yours with no extra work needed.

A good man that has no honor, betrays anyone and killed his own brother.

This makes no sense. Disarming someone with an arrow is fucking hard, and really stupid when you could just kill them. You can't know the men won't be caught. 

What if Cersei drinks the poison before Loras even gets there? Also, there was no poison in the books. What if the Hound defeats Renly.

Everyone would know Renly and Ned weren't friends.

Renly wouldn't act this way.

The Boltons won't be able to be Wardens of the North while the Starks live.

Releasing/murdering all your hostages is a good way to have them rebel against you.

Renly wouldn't do this. 

This is a massive power grab, and no one would be okay with this. Renly is not only king, but also lord of the Sotrmlands, lord of Dragonstone, and Lord of the Westerlands.

Renly wouldn't do this.

Renly wouldn't do this.

All of them reacher lords. Great idea.

Can she do this? Does Renly know? Does he know about the Others?

You keep saying Renly would never act so dishonorably, but... yeah, he would. Declaring himself King is itself incredibly dishonorable. The line of succesion matters, as Robb points out at the end of AGoT. 

And I stand by what I said in my first comment. Robb is currently headed towards the Westerlands, and Tywin will soon follow, abandoning Harrenhal. With Kings Landing so vulnerable, Stannis taking the city is, and in the story was, a very, very real possibility. If the Baratheon brothers had joined together and worked as a team, with Stannis being the strategist and Renly being the political player, they might have been hard to stop. But Renly is a self-absorbed fool and Stannis is... Stannis.

Archived