U.S. Politics: This DOO-DOO Is Bananas

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Just now, DMC said:

If the Capitol Police are incapable of doing their jobs, for whatever reason, then the National Guard needs to step in.

To me the National Guard (which would be from VA and MD, and I THINK under the auspices of their governors?  not sure, does anyone know?) are different than the Federal military of which the President is CIC.  I know the National Guard can be federalized in certain circumstances, but I would think this isn't/shouldn't be one of them?  I dunno.  Someone here know?

1 minute ago, DMC said:

If the Capitol Police are incapable of doing their jobs, for whatever reason, then the National Guard needs to step in.

Well, looks like its going to need to be VA or MD's national guard (DOD controls DC's)

1 minute ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Honestly, if Pence had any courage whatsoever, he would convene the cabinet, invoke the 25th and arrest Trump (not sure that actually all works out legally and Pence would NEVER, but want it to be a possibility)

This is the preferred route, but I think it's too late. Who knows, maybe he's doing it now.

2 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

To me the National Guard (which would be from VA and MD, and I THINK under the auspices of their governors?

There's a DC National Guard and its authority is exercised through the Secretary of Defense.  Time to see what side Christopher Miller is on.

1 hour ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Well, I think he gets armed guards for at least a while....I guess he burned that bridge....does that mean his 2024 ambitions are toast or does that mean that he's actually more in play than the Ted Cruz's of the world?

He's finished.

Archived