U.S. Politics: This DOO-DOO Is Bananas

Mr. Chatywin et al.

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Ossof's margin just keeps growing as the latest vote dumps are breaking 9 to 1 for team Blue!

So glad to see Loeffler go down in the other race. She just always gave me that Leona Helmsley vibe, just found it impossible to like her. Very telling for me was her own basketball team coming out against her lol.

One of the better tweets last night from her loss was Lebron suggesting that he might need to put together an ownership group and go out and look to buy a team in Georgia...

11 minutes ago, Leap said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/06/romney-airport-flight-heckled-trump/

Pretty crazy to see the former Republican candidate for President being harassed like this, by people who are ostensibly Republicans themselves no less.

By and by, I saw a few other tweets indicating that the McConnell reaction to last night's loss was to blame Trump, not cling to him further. Fingers crossed this is the death knell of the Republican party.

I can’t help but fear the more extreme elements will just take over the Republican party completely.

Though I can’t help salivate at the thought of Trump costing Republicans the midterms by crying for his supporters to boycott any election of any Republican who didn’t assist him in his coup.

18 minutes ago, Leap said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/06/romney-airport-flight-heckled-trump/

Pretty crazy to see the former Republican candidate for President being harassed like this, by people who are ostensibly Republicans themselves no less.

By and by, I saw a few other tweets indicating that the McConnell reaction to last night's loss was to blame Trump, not cling to him further. Fingers crossed this is the death knell of the Republican party.

Those kinds of Trump supporters should trigger a warning from the pilot that the plane will turn around and return to the airport if they don’t sit down and shut up.

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Then, I read the Board. @Tywin et al., don’t you know I have connections who can get me into bar association meetings? 

I don't know if NYSBATS sounds too dangerous for you or not entertaining enough.

I was advised not to underestimate tax lawyers, but I just picture that as MZ on a third glass of wine using the tax code as sexual innuendoes. 

9 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

She doesn’t really drink, but on her third Diet Coke, watch out!!

Coke Zero is my jam ....

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pre-pandemic MZ.

But if I may kick up my feet with a smile, hi Mitch. 

Honestly, I don’t need booze to sidle up to the karaoke mike and do my best Axel Rose.  And there is very little sexy about most of the Code.  However, the TCJA introduced GILTI and BEAT, and well, the possibilities are obvious....

7 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Congratulations to the new most powerful man in the United States of America, Joe Manchin. Can't wait to see how much he fucks over the Dems over the course of the next two years.

There's a growing rally already under way on the National Mall with the radical right wing fascists working themselves into a frenzy.

I imagine this rabble will spill out into the streets of DC and cause untold peace disturbances as they melt down over the fall of their Fuhrer in the chambers of Congress. 

Mike Pence will have the honor of washing his hands and sealing the fate of their beloved, blubbering, disgraceful thief.

I can't wait to watch them in their shameful agony.

Well, I'm giddy. I just hope certification for Warnock and Ossoff doesn't drag out forever. There's a ticking clock on Congressional Review Act votes, and it's payback time for all the ones Republicans did in early 2017.

35 minutes ago, Week said:

The racist establishment once again ignored the contributions of minorities, they didn't even give the Wookie a medal!

57 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Honestly, I don’t need booze to sidle up to the karaoke mike and do my best Axel Rose.

No but what's karaoke without a bit of sake?

6 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Mike Pence will have the honor of washing his hands and sealing the fate

Is Pontius Pilate Pence already trending?

17 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

There's a growing rally already under way on the National Mall with the radical right wing fascists working themselves into a frenzy.

I imagine this rabble will spill out into the streets of DC and cause untold peace disturbances as they melt down over the fall of their Fuhrer in the chambers of Congress. 

Mike Pence will have the honor of washing his hands and sealing the fate of their beloved, blubbering, disgraceful thief.

I can't wait to watch them in their shameful agony.

Those fine patriots brawled with DC MPD last night and not one was shot. 

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1346663251115962368?s=09

And this is what happens to not PB etc who show up for jail support. 

Kinda puzzling, really.

Spoiler

No. Not at all. 

3 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Kinda puzzling, really.

Reveal hidden contents

No. Not at all. 

DC police have had their share of problems in recent years. But by at least one metric, how much the city has had to pay out in negotiated settlements to victims of police brutality, DC police are far better behaved than departments in most other major cities.

Plus, the protest violence in DC over the summer was more due to Federal escalation, not local.

56 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I demand video evidence of this!

Tax lawyers know better than to permit video.  One day, in a vaccinated galaxy far, far, away, perhaps there will be a con, at which we all gather in person, and belt Paradise City together in questionable harmony.*

Also, whoever suggested Stacey Abrams should be in charge of vaccine distribution, YES PLEASE.  I want her organizing EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.  

*All phones must be surrendered before entering the booth.  

There is a good chance both Leahy and Sanders will become chairmen of Appropriations and Budget, so speaking of the tyranny of small states in the Senate, that is a pretty good outcome for Vermont. Considering the latter post, maybe that is a good offset to the centrism of Manchin in the Biden administration.

Archived