Watch, Watched, Watching: My Queen's Gambit brings all the boys to the yard

Veltigar

28 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I was surprised wikipedia didn't list Stoll as Junior. He's gotta be. 

Stoll is listed as Junior on IMDB.

I hope 1967 was the year Tony tried out for varsity football. 

I don't know, Tony doesn't have the makings of a varsity athlete. Small hands, that's his problem.

6 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Just been rewatching Sopranos (never gets old, still the goat). Think I may try the expanse again after I’m done. 

I'm listening to Talking Sopranos and I'm really tempted to start a rewatch. Then I remembered I lent my box set to a colleague...who still hasn't started watching it (it's been years, in fact). 

5 hours ago, Isis said:

I'm listening to Talking Sopranos and I'm really tempted to start a rewatch. Then I remembered I lent my box set to a colleague...who still hasn't started watching it (it's been years, in fact). 

Over the past several weeks (probably months), I've been watching clips of The Sopranos on Youtube. It tides me over well enough and is easy to sneak in during work breaks now that I work from home. I'm pretty sure I've watched every single Sopranos clips posted on Youtube by now. Either that or I've run out of different ways to query for new content. 

My latest favorite is: 

I know there's a thread dedicated to ranking QT movies, but I'd rather post this here. Got into a fun conversation with a few friends yesterday about what was the best performance by an actor in a QT film. I ultimately went with Waltz  in Inglorious Bastards with Leo in Django being a close second, but their picks were all over the place. Surprisingly to me one person picked Jackson in The Hateful Eight. I'm not sure that's even the second best role he's played in a QT production. 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know there's a thread dedicated to ranking QT movies, but I'd rather post this here. Got into a fun conversation with a few friends yesterday about what was the best performance by an actor in a QT film. I ultimately went with Waltz  in Inglorious Bastards with Leo in Django being a close second, but their picks were all over the place. Surprisingly to me one person picked Jackson in The Hateful Eight. I'm not sure that's even the second best role he's played in a QT production. 

Actually I'm of the opinion that Jackson's role in Django is SLJ's best role since Pulp Fiction and the best performance in Django. He's such a nasty, racist curmudgeon that I can't help but crack up every time he's on screen.

19 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

Jackson in 'Pulp Fiction' is probably my favorite QT movie performance.

You're not alone. I'm of the thought that he had maybe the best scene of any actor in a QT film, but the total portrayal Jules isn't as strong as Waltz who was straight fire every time he was on the screen in IB.

11 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Actually I'm of the opinion that Jackson's role in Django is SLJ's best role since Pulp Fiction and the best performance in Django. He's such a nasty, racist curmudgeon that I can't help but crack up every time he's on screen.

Yeah, that's why I said I can't even call it his second best performance. Jackson was excellent in Django, I just give the nod to Leo because of how he didn't break character even after he sliced his hand up. That wasn't fake blood in the final cut. 

5 hours ago, Isis said:

I’m really enjoying Talking Sopranos. They are bringing on tons of great guests, and Michael Imperioli is a delight. Just like Gandolfini was the polar opposite of Tony, Michael is just absolutely nothing like Christopher. And we get his perspective as both an actor and a writer on the show. 

22 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Whoa, wait what? Livia's parents are Faustino and Teresa Pollio according to HBO's site. That twitter account looks legit but is it really? I'm confused..

8 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

And speaking of Talking Sopranos, Ray Abruzzo who played Little Carmine (in the running for funniest character on the show) was just on and I became aware of the existence of this little gem...

Edit: Nevermind

4 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

Whoa, wait what? Livia's parents are Faustino and Teresa Pollio according to HBO's site. That twitter account looks legit but is it really? I'm confused..

The embedded videos don't work for some reason. Got a hyperlink?

I’ve seen the Aldo Moltisanti thing a few places now, including screenrant. I’m pretty sure it’s legit. 

https://youtu.be/0mVcWOc4lJs

2 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Over the past several weeks (probably months), I've been watching clips of The Sopranos on Youtube. It tides me over well enough and is easy to sneak in during work breaks now that I work from home. I'm pretty sure I've watched every single Sopranos clips posted on Youtube by now. Either that or I've run out of different ways to query for new content. 

My latest favorite is: 

One of the best things about watching sopranos clips on YouTube is how hilarious the comments are. The subreddit is still super active for a show that’s been off the air so long. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I know there's a thread dedicated to ranking QT movies

Could you please embed the link here or something please? 

And to all those arguing about the best QT movie performance, SLJ in Pulp Fiction or Walz in Basterds, or Jackson himself in Django... here's something to chew on.

The Hateful Eight 

SLJ's only full fledged QT role. Tho it's arguably QT's least great movie (he himself doesn't get joy out of only this movie of his). Jackson nails it perfectly though. What a performance! 

Ennio Morriconne and RR got their well deserved Oscar nominations for original score and cinematography respectively, but only Ennio got the gilded golden man. JJL deserved more than a best supporting actress nomination but that's for another day. SLJ deserved at least a nomination tho IMO 

Archived