US Politics- Banana Republic President’s Day Sale

Fury Resurrected

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sure, I wasn't arguing that point - I even presented a scenario where they wouldn't want to remove him from office.  I responding to your contention the amendment was designed for medical incapacitation - which it's not entirely.

I'm sorry, I did not necessarily mean to imply "entirely". 

In the files of the kinda weird,

Trump is on-record as not liking Camp David, and has only been there twice before. If we don't see any tweets from him today, despite the Twitter ban being over, I'm going to hop back on the conspiracy theory that something has happened behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

Is the House seriously adjourned until after the inauguration?  JFC.  We deserve whatever happens to us.

I don't see the big problem here. It can always be called back into session if something happens that it needs to vote on (like Trump disputing an invocation of the 25th Amendment.)

2 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

lol that ship sailed a long time ago buddy, if it ever existed.

As an immigrant, whose parents regarded America as a shining light of stability and justice, it did exist once. Not any more.

Facebook has now extended it’s 24-hour ban on Trump posting on Facebook indefinitely, and at the very least until after the Inauguration. 
Zuck believes it would be too dangerous to do otherwise....

eta: oh, because he used Facebook to encourage violent insurrection against a democratically elected government, no less!

Gee, all he had to do is call a man an idiot and he’d have gotten a ban, like I did and other women I know have been banned.

Oh, wait...

51 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Well, apparently, no one is talking about the 25th Amendment anymore because the President PROMISED to behave.

:rolleyes:

Susan Collins will tell us he's definitely learned his lesson now.

Gotta love this one:

19 minutes ago, Fez said:

Trump is on-record as not liking Camp David, and has only been there twice before. If we don't see any tweets from him today, despite the Twitter ban being over, I'm going to hop back on the conspiracy theory that something has happened behind the scenes.

I dunno, it's pretty obvious *something* has happened when he suddenly makes peacful transition" noises,

Not that it likely matters, but to add to the 'what could they charge them with' there are very specific laws against doing, well, the exact thing they did that have significantly stronger penalties - they are felonies and carry 10 year sentences potentially. I can look them up if people are interested, but one of the lawfare folks (Benjamin Wittes) talked about it yesterday, saying it would be pretty simple to have that evidence and charge them if they saw fit.

7 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Not that it likely matters, but to add to the 'what could they charge them with' there are very specific laws against doing, well, the exact thing they did that have significantly stronger penalties - they are felonies and carry 10 year sentences potentially. I can look them up if people are interested, but one of the lawfare folks (Benjamin Wittes) talked about it yesterday, saying it would be pretty simple to have that evidence and charge them if they saw fit.

Does the police letting them in affect these laws? I mean, I went to Capitol Hill as a tourist. What if I’d walked in, and no security had stopped me, am I still breaking the law? Obviously there’s still plenty of vandalism and theft, but the majority just entered the building. Just wondering if that changed things.

Just now, DaveSumm said:

Does the police letting them in affect these laws? I mean, I went to Capitol Hill as a tourist. What if I’d walked in, and no security had stopped me, am I still breaking the law? Obviously there’s still plenty of vandalism and theft, but the majority just entered the building. Just wondering if that changed things.

The police preserving their lives due to threat of violence does not actually change this at all. 

Also, Shopify has taken down their connection to the Trump websites, Donald’s and Ivanka’s, I guess. If they want to sell merchandise on-line they’ll have to find somewhere else.

I wonder if that connection is used on Amazon.

eta: I guess not, Trump merchandise still comes up on Amazon.

39 minutes ago, Fez said:

I do love a good conspiracy theory (Q is a TERRIBLE conspiracy theory, so we are all clear :P).  I am confident that a tell-all book called "The Last Days of Donald Trump" is currently being written by an "insider" (who will remain anonymous, probably), which will give us the inside scoop.  It will be published in March, or maybe as part of the May releases.

Look folks, the Capitol Police beefed up security in advance of their complete surrender of responsibility!

Their advanced preparation worked about as well as the Maginot Line.

Amid tensions surrounding the presidential election results, the Capitol Police plan to bolster security when Congress convenes in a joint session next week to count the Electoral College votes and certify Joe Biden's victory in the 2020 presidential election.

“We have been told there will be increased security on January 6th for any potential demonstrations,” said Ashley Phelps, a spokesperson for House Administration Committee ranking member Rodney Davis, R-Ill.

Eva Malecki, a Capitol Police spokesperson, said the department “has comprehensive security plans in place and we continuously monitor and assess new and emerging threats, with the overall goal of keeping those within the Capitol Complex safe and secure.”

In totally unrelated news, the Capitol Police are a very opaque organization and not subject to FOIA requests.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/15/capitol-police-a-department-shrouded-in-secrecy/

2 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I do love a good conspiracy theory (Q is a TERRIBLE conspiracy theory, so we are all clear :P).  I am confident that a tell-all book called "The Last Days of Donald Trump" is currently being written by an "insider" (who will remain anonymous, probably), which will give us the inside scoop.  It will be published in March, or maybe as part of the May releases.

With or without the contrivance of Maggie Haberman?

4 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Look folks, the Capitol Police beefed up security in advance of their complete surrender of responsibility!

In totally unrelated news, the Capitol Police are a very opaque organization and not subject to FOIA requests.

https://www.rollcall.com/2020/06/15/capitol-police-a-department-shrouded-in-secrecy/

Here's the first word from Capitol Police:

Responded valiantly.  

Archived