US Politics- Banana Republic President’s Day Sale

Fury Resurrected

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

From the article:

"Reps. David Cicilline (D-RI), Ted Lieu (D-CA) and Jamie Raskin (D-MD) authored the articles, two individuals familiar with the matter told The Daily Beast."

Am I missing something?

The article previously had (R-RI) after Cicilline and (R-CA) after Lieu, making it seem to someone not familiar with individual representatives, that this was a bipartisan move; which would be enormous news. They've since corrected the typo (though the twitter preview is still wrong if you clock it).

44 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I can wish, but I'm in the "nothing is really going to happen between now and 1/20" camp.  There will be a lot of sound and fury, which will signify absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately 1.20 isn’t ending this. This is just the beginning. It’s bigger than Trump.

16 minutes ago, briantw said:

Has he shut up or is he just no longer have a platform to post his bullshit because they've all banned him?

He's still got the RNC.  Don't worry, he has plenty platform.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/07/congress-election-biden-capitol-live-updates/#link-7XBBEQEIDJGDRDCKE666PPE3KQ

Trump briefly called in to the Republican National Committee’s winter meeting Thursday morning — and received a loud and overwhelmingly enthusiastic reception when RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel put him on speakerphone, according to people in the room.

“We love you!” some in the room yelled.

Addressing RNC members by phone as they held a private, members-only breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island in Florida, Trump said he had heard that the news media had falsely reported he would not be speaking. He told the RNC members he wanted to speak, was sorry to miss the event and looked forward to seeing them in person.

Trump made no mention of Wednesday’s violence at the U.S. Capitol, according to the people present, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the president’s remarks. Trump had originally intended to deliver a longer speech but is not scheduled to address the event Thursday night....

15 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I think the twitter ban has ended. Maybe s/o took away his phone.

Twitter extended his lockout to 24 hours, iirc, and he's facing a permaban if he doesn't remove certain tweets.

These people should get the Medals of Honor, the Medals of Freedom, and a great big ceremony of award.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/reporter-senate-evacuated/2021/01/06/3e7d5456-5061-11eb-83e3-322644d82356_story.html

In a sign of quick staff thinking, aides to the Senate parliamentarian rounded up several people to grab the boxes containing the electoral college certificates submitted by the states — documents needed to certify Biden’s victory.

This is from an eye-witness reporter's account of the evacuation of the Senate.

But though they thanked the cops they did not thank these people. They too should get medals of honor and freedom.

Somehow, Capitol food service operations still appeared to be up and running through the melee. At 4 p.m. and 5 p.m., hundreds of box lunches and bottles of water were rolled into the holding spot. Senators, staff, media and police wielding automatic weapons grabbed lunches of chicken and beef.

I just heard that there will be numerous charges laid with regard to yesterday’s events, some of them federal charges. All I could think was, fuck no, Trump will just pardon them. Wait until January 20th.

But then again some of you have suggested he will be handing out blanket pardons for everyone.

Question - is insurrection something a president cannot pardon? I need to look that up.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just heard that there will be numerous charges laid with regard to yesterday’s events, some of them federal charges. All I could think was, fuck no, Trump will just pardon them. Wait until January 20th.

But then again some of you have suggested he will be handing out blanket pardons for everyone.

Question - is insurrection something a president cannot pardon? I need to look that up.

What about state charges?

A lot of these people seem to have traveled to Washington with the intent of committing a crime.

4 hours ago, larrytheimp said:

On twitter a bunch of people and even some news outlets seem to think the guy stealing that podium smiling at the camera is named "Via Getty".  

Ah, good old Via Getty, one of the lesser known Gettys. I mean he’s no Balthazar, but he’s still named in the trust.

12 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

What about state charges?

A lot of these people seem to have traveled to Washington with the intent of committing a crime.

The attorney general of the District of Columbia says that he cannot file charges regarding what took place at the Capitol building -- that is the job of the Federal government the way the DC government is constituted. That's a result of DC not being a state.

And the only charge the "traveling" would involve would be "crossing a state line to commit a crime", and that also is a federal, not a state, offense.

Even a Russian politician can be right occasionally, if only by accident and with terrible motivations:

"America no longer charts a course and therefore has lost all rights to set it - and even more so to impose it on others" - Konstantin Kosachev

Just now, Zorral said:

Anyone else received a stimulous check, signed, of course, by shoggoth?

I have to check my mail. I might just frame this one.

7 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Not sure if this was posted already but Republicans are crying Antifas when literal nazis were identified amongst the crowd of rioters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/matt-gaetz-e2-80-99s-antifa-detecting-facial-recognition-story-is-complete-nonsense/ar-BB1cyuc4?ocid=uxbndlbing

Have they name dropped George Soros yet?

8 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

One dipshit Republican who was in the joint session yesterday and participating in the attempt to override state votes has tested positive for Covid.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/jake-laturner-covid-trump-biden-b1783832.html

It actually isn't clear to me from the link you posted as to how LaTurner voted on the certification of electoral votes.

However, this article does say that he and all the Republican US Reps from Kansas voted to sustain the objection. That does show that, as I've said for years, Republicans in Kansas are crazier than those in Nebraska, as two out of three of the Nebraska Reps voted to accept Biden's electors. 

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article248335175.html

Archived