US Politics- Banana Republic President’s Day Sale

Fury Resurrected

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

They should have been kettled into a small space and beaten on TV for the benefit of other traitorous MAGA chuds. The one veteran traitor who was shot should be posthumously given a dishonorable discharge, have her military benefits yanked from her family, and her body dumped in international waters for the sharks. Alas.

Despite some of the commentary above about the American tripe of using escalated violence when dealing with a situation, I'm gonna just agree that there should have been a much stronger response and that I wouldn't be concerned of more of those terrorists had been shot. Does that make me a bad person? No. No I don't think so.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I don't think so, there was no vegetarian or vegan option, the left should cancel them.

/jk

I can absolutely guarantee you that those dining service folks know their people and that they had all the things they needed.  Even the vegetarians.

2 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

"...I got shoved in. I didn't mean to be there. Hell. I was walking around looking for a bathroom," he argued.

What a weasely coward.

That's an actual verified quote? Amazing.

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Even worse, that crafty murder machine Hillary Clinton knows who this guy is now.

Pray for him.

I mean, at this point I kinda do wish Clinton had an army of Satanic ninjas with black helicopters to round up all these fucking yokels.

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

Come on.  Who hasn't found themselves in the middle of a coup attempt just looking for a safe place to drop a deuce?

And taking a little break from this quest manpreading in someone else's some uppity woman's chair? I know, right? Happens all the time. Libtards are so sensitive.

1 minute ago, The Anti-Targ said:

That's an actual verified quote? Amazing.

The "I was pushed inside" excuse seems to be popular.

"My brother did nothing illegal," Nachman told Gothamist. "He definitely was not part of the riot." Asked how he ended up in the Capitol building, Nachman said his brother was "pushed inside."

"You’re full of shit. You’re a dishonest person. My brother went as a citizen of America," Nachman continued. "You find me one [Black Lives Matter] riot or one Antifa riot from over the summer that didn’t have way more damage."

https://champ.gothamist.com/champ/gothamist/news/trump-fur-ever-costumed-capitol-rioter-son-brooklyn-supreme-court-judge

26 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

It is really satisfying to think about people actually being punished for their roles in this. 

Just try and remember that 5 months later when no one has to pay for any of this and the people that sacked and burglarized your house are walking around Scott free. 

But what about hope, and healing, and looking to future, and other pretty ideas that fascists don’t care about?

If Democrats appropriately punishes the people who tried to stage a coup how is this nation supposed to heal?

Kidding. 
These assholes are probably not going to be punished. And we’ll regret it in a couple years.

The eventual truth about what happened with the national guard situation yesterday is going to be fascinating reading; and it sure sounds like some people should eventually face charges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/07/capitol-protests-dc-live-updates/#link-EF65NBEEYNEDZHPSTUC5H7VD34

I was actually on the phone with Leader Hoyer who was pleading with us to send the guard,” Hogan said. “He was yelling across the room to Schumer and they were back and forth saying we do have the authorization and I’m saying, ‘I’m telling you we do not have the authorization.' ”

Hogan said Maj. Gen. Timothy Gowen, the adjutant general of the Maryland National Guard, was repeatedly rebuffed by the head of the National Guard at the federal level.

Gowen “kept running it up the flagpole, and we don’t have authorization,” Hogan said. “We don’t have authorization.”

Ninety minutes later, Hogan said, he received a call “out of the blue, not from the secretary of defense, not through what would be normal channels,” but from Ryan McCarthy, the secretary of the Army. McCarthy asked if the Maryland guardsmen could “come as soon as possible,” Hogan recounted.

“It was like, yeah, we’re waiting, we’re ready,” Hogan said.

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

The eventual truth about what happened with the national guard situation yesterday is going to be fascinating reading; and it sure sounds like some people should eventually face charges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/07/capitol-protests-dc-live-updates/#link-EF65NBEEYNEDZHPSTUC5H7VD34

I wish I has a Washington Post subscription.

16 minutes ago, Quijote Light said:

I’d think it had more to do with witchcraft or some nefarious cloning plot. Considering where you’ve been spending time lately though, I guess you’d know best. 

No, you might be onto something in regards to cloning. The Lizard People are known to have advanced cloning technology (in their labs in the bowels of the earth, not under the sea as some wackos claim!)

3 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

But what about hope, and healing, and looking to future, and other pretty ideas that fascists don’t care about?

If Democrats appropriately punishes the people who tried to stage a coup how is this nation supposed to heal?

Kidding. 
These assholes are probably not going to be punished. And we’ll regret it in a couple years.

If there are ideas that fascists don't care about then we should cleave unto them and regard them as precious to our civilisation. Elsewise authoritarianism begets authoritarianism.

5 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

No, you might be onto something in regards to cloning. The Lizard People are known to have advanced cloning technology (in their labs in the bowels of the earth, not under the sea as some wackos claim!)

Don’t make me come over there.

14 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Despite some of the commentary above about the American tripe of using escalated violence when dealing with a situation, I'm gonna just agree that there should have been a much stronger response

I disagree. I think yesterday does a good job of demonstrating hypocrisy in U.S. law enforcement and that less violent responses are possible. I'd rather use it as a justification to come down hard on cops using shooting people than wish more people were killed by the police. Because lethal force obviously wasn't necessary, and our society needs to emphasize that.

There was a 2 minute  press briefing at the WH, with no questions taken. Cringeworthy.

A statement by Michelle Obama:

Oh, and...

Yeah, so much for the police tactics deescalating things.

Archived