US Politics- Banana Republic President’s Day Sale

Fury Resurrected

22 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Tucker Carlon apparently turning the deceased woman into a martyr. "Imagie it was your daughter..." I'm sure he did the same with George, Breanna et al., right?

Lol, like the Frozen Food Prince would have black relatives.

Maybe I missed something, but one of these names does not seem like the others

And I'm actually not talking about Trump. Though if he does try to pardon himself I guess we'll see some SCOTUS action to determine if that's actually constitutional.

17 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Tucker Carlon apparently turning the deceased woman into a martyr. "Imagie it was your daughter..." I'm sure he did the same with George, Breanna et al., right?

I can probably answer Carlson's rhetorical question. If my daughter was that deep into false conspiracies' and fascist ideas, I almost certainly would be well estranged from her. I'd be sad about that, but I would not want to have her around. And when I heard she'd been shot and died during an attempt to subvert the legitimate course of democracy I would grieve, but more for all the wrong turns she took to get her there, and "what could I have done differently" self blaming that pretty much all parents go though, than for her actual death. Then I would pray for the healing of her soul every day for the rest of my life.

I don't know if that's the kind of answer Carlson would be looking for, but that's how I play the scenario out in my head.

11 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

AOC is a goddess.

Everytime Ted Cruz opens his mouth, someone needs to remind him of all the times he called Trump an unqualified liar diring the 2016 primaries, how offended he was that Trump insulted his wifeand when it was over, Trump made Lyin' Ted his whiny little bitch. Always and often.

Here's the thing about Ted Cruz; he's not well liked or respected by anyone on the hill. Even within his own party. I suspect he won't benefit from wing nut welfare when he leaves office. I could be wrong.

She still has to look at him funny.

1 hour ago, AverageGuy said:

I disagree. I think yesterday does a good job of demonstrating hypocrisy in U.S. law enforcement and that less violent responses are possible. I'd rather use it as a justification to come down hard on cops using shooting people than wish more people were killed by the police. Because lethal force obviously wasn't necessary, and our society needs to emphasize that.

I think we could have had both.  Outside was enough to show the hypocrisy, as well as the actual breach. Once inside those officers who were actually doing their job should have been able to defend more strongly, particularly if they were legitimately being attacked. 

1 hour ago, Hereward said:

I like “American tripe”.

Not even gonna try to edit.  It still works. But it was supposed to be, "trope"...

10 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

She seemed like she was waking up from a trance.  Mind you she's awful, I'm glad she lost, and good riddance, but I get some sense that she thought all this was a joke or dress up or something, and then $hit got real and she suddenly realized her actions might actually, you know, have impact on the real world?  

Or... more specifically... it might have an impact on her money...

14 minutes ago, Relic said:

I hate to say it but im glad person A died, and i hope person B dies soon. 

I don't presume to tell you how you should feel, but I'm not glad person A died. I think the world is somewhat better off now that he's dead, but I would have preferred it if he had lived to see the error of his ways and denounce his former self and previous actions, unlikely as that would be. I pretty much always prefer for people to live to regret their bad life choices, because then they have a chance to do right by those they have wronged.

6 minutes ago, Fez said:

Maybe I missed something, but one of these names does not seem like the others

And I'm actually not talking about Trump. Though if he does try to pardon himself I guess we'll see some SCOTUS action to determine if that's actually constitutional.

Hopefully, they hit him with the 25th Amendment or fast track an impeachment, so he can't pardon anyone.

Just now, Leofric said:

Hopefully, they hit him with the 25th Amendment or fast track an impeachment, so he can't pardon anyone.

Hopefully (impeachment best).  Also, taking minimal comfort that some people on that list can be taken to the cleaners in state court. 

So several of the conservative subs I’ve been observing on Reddit are no longer accessible today. I don’t really know much about how Reddit works, but when I try to go to them I get a message that says the sub has either been deleted or set to private.

Just now, Myshkin said:

So several of the conservative subs I’ve been observing on Reddit are no longer accessible today. I don’t really know much about how Reddit works, but when I try to go to them I get a message that says the sub has either been deleted or set to private.

They're on to you.

3 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

You’re really better off. Lay down with dogs and you’ll get fleas.

Or in UK parlance, Lay down with dogs and you’ll be getting a visit from the RSPCA and the local vicar.

Several other Republican members of the West Virginia state legislature have called on a newly elected delegate to resign or be expelled because he participate in the US Capitol riot:

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/01/07/pressure-mounts-to-stop-new-w-va-delegate-from-serving-after-he-videoed-riot-in-u-s-capitol/

3 minutes ago, Hereward said:

Or in UK parlance, Lay down with dogs and you’ll be getting a visit from the RSPCA and the local vicar.

Aren’t Visit from the RSPCA and The Local Vicar BBC shows where the leads ride their bicycles around idyllic villages and interact with the slightly quirky villagers? 

34 minutes ago, Relic said:

Some among America's military allies believe Trump deliberately attempted a coup and may have had help from federal law-enforcement officials

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-attempted-coup-federal-law-enforcement-capitol-police-2021-1

Well so much for my hysterical post that the military needs to come in, right? There I was wondering when the cavalry would come charging in and the generals decided to keep the troops in the barracks instead.

I guess it could have been worse - they could have been with the Trump crowd.

I point out that I said Cheney must have heard something was going on and therefore organized that open letter from the 10 Secretaries of Defense. We might find out later that someone was indeed trying to get the generals involved.

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just heard that one of those Capital Police officers who was beaten by the “peaceful demonstrators” has died.

I wonder how the "we did everything right" Police Union or the "I left a quarter on her desk because I'm not a thief" guy feels about this. Not to be glib about it. That guy was doing his job. He might have been the only one doing his job. I'm cringing at how they are going to spin this.

43 minutes ago, Relic said:

I hate to say it but im glad person A died, and i hope person B dies soon. 

Glad? No. sympathetic? No. 

30 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

That is truly interesting, and for me, it is chilling to contemplate SANCTIONS ON THE US FINANCIAL SYSTEM.

omg.

It's terrifying actually. The attempted coup, not the moneys. Here I thought he was just incompetent.

Archived