What is your headcanon for the future of the series?

Alyn Oakenfist

So while we eagerly await for 2050 and The Winds of Winter, I was wondering, what is your current head canon for how the story will progress in TWOW and ADOS. This isn't a discussion on themes, or foreshadowing, just how do you think the story will go. Anyways, here's my head cannon.

TWOW:

- The North. Stannis will win the Battle of ice. Magic mumbo jumbo will happen at the Wall and Jon will be brought back from Ghost. Jon will then join up with Stannis the Goddamn Mannis and start putting the North to rights. Jon will become Lord of Winterfell. Theon will be sent to the Iron Islands with Asha to take them using the precedent of the bloke not invited to the Kingsmoot. Stannis will be faced with the choice of going South or going North. He will chose to go North and fight the Others. Bran will arrive just before the WW and a massive battle will take place at the Wall, resulting in the Wall falling, or at least it's magic being broken. Stannis will die there, though his sacrifice of Shireen will work to delay the Others through magical mombo jumbo.

- Euron will win the battle of blood and take Oldtown, and using the hundreds of thousands of people there will pull some magical mumbo jumbo that will cause the Wall to fall.

- Essos. Barristan and Victarion will win the battle of Steel. Dany will unite some of the Khallasars and come back. Hizdahr and several others will be executed, though their guilt will remain unanswered. Victarion will get a hard pass, but will still fight with Dany for the promise of the Iron Isles. From there Dany will finally do what she should have done in ASOS and depart for Westeros via Volantis. In Volantis the news of the defeat of their fleet will trigger an insurrection, and the salves will storm the capitol the Black Walls. Dany will arrive unable to do much before going back to her trip to Westeros. The fiery hand and many R'hllor zealots will join her

- The Riverlands. The BwB will do some stuff before massacring the Freys at Red Wedding 2.0. Arya will be a part, as will Nymeria, but afterwards, Arya will finally realize it has gone too far, and will mercy kill Stoneheart, finally abandoning her path of revenge. Samwell will arrive from Oldtown, and will convince them to go fight in the North. Jaime, with nothing left to fight for in the South will go with them.

- The Vale. Sansa will finally realize the kind of creep LF is, probably when he tries to rape her, and will engineer his fall, eventually getting him killed in one of his own conspiracies.

- KL and around. With Cersei back in power Mace will use the chance of sallying out as an opportunity to turn cloak, demanding Aegon marry Margaery. However that plan will be derailed by Arianne, so Agincourt 2.0. will happen, and the Tyrells will be slaughtered. Following that Rowan and Tarly will turn cloak, bringing the other Reach army to Aegon's side. Aegon will then march into King's Landing with the Faith opening the gates for him after a trial by combat revealed FrankenGregor. Cersei will die as will the children, with Qyburn resurrecting Tommen who will kill her at the end. Aegon will try and be a good King until oh boy, it's Dany. Varys will pretend to defect to her, only to steal Victarion's dragonhorn and give it to Aegon, who with his dragonblood will use it to tame a dragon. Enraged by the theft of one of her children, Dany will go to war with him, killing him, but in the Dance that results, also accidentally lighting the wildfire. Dany will become Queen, but a hated one at that, what with the usurpation, kinslaying, savage Dothraki and R'hllor zealots, and will have to put down many revolts, particularly by the Faith who will se her R'hllor supporters in a very bad light, supporters who will worship the burning of KL. Jon will arrive at the end asking for help, and not wanting to spend a minute longer in the South.

ADOS:

- By now everyone left alive will rally against the WW, primarily the Northmen coalition (also consisting of the Vale) and Dany. R+L=J will be revealed when Jon mounts a dragon, and then Jon will mount another dragon, Dany. The final battle will be at Harrenhal with Euron fighting for the Others. All the dragons will die, but the WW will finally be defeated. Jaime and Arya will die here, while Bran will go to the Green Isle to become a tree. Dany will gain some popularity for fighting the war, but with her dragons dead, R+L=J being a thing and she and Jon hooking up, she will say fuck it and call a great council to determine the next ruler. Jon and Dany will be elected as co rulers, though with the beginnings of a constitution, with no one else really left as a choice. Rickon will rule the North and Dany will be pregnant again, the end.

Or at least this is what I think will happen. What do you think?

Sansa

She will murder Robert in Winds.  Her comeuppance won’t happen until the following book.  She will get to have a short run and a little taste of power.  But she will die before the last act of the last book.  I am hoping the Royce’s will figure her out and do her in.

Aegon

He will have a short taste of power.  But his authority is based on a lie; therefore, it will crumble.  He may live or die but he is not going to rule very long.

Stannis

Roose will finish him off in Winds.  He won’t live to the last book.

Jon

Will die.  The rest of his remaining life will be spent in Ghost.  The dire wolf will slowly merge with Jon.  There will be no throne for Jon in the future. But he could lead the Stark pack.

Daenerys

She will accomplish the defeat of the Ghiscari slave masters. Slavery will end in that part of Essos.  The call for help from the west will keep her from getting rid of slavery throughout the whole of Essos.  She will have to go to the west and save the people still living.  Winter can’t be stopped but she will be able to rescue enough people and save them.  A migration to the east will happen.  A Dream of Spring is her point of view.  We get an ending where she’s thinking of spring.  

Bran

He will either remain in that cave and rule over the emptiness or rule from the WF heart tree.  The north will be barren.  Only the dire wolves will remain.  

North: Stannis will burn lord Karstark while telling everyone he's burning Theon. He will pull of the night lamp trap. After this I see one of two things happening (maybe both, just one after the other). Stannis will thoroughly question Theon and use his knowledge to take both the Dreadfort and WInterfell. Theon then would be exchanged in order to get the northerner hostages and to get Torren's Square from Dagmer. He will then be used by Asha/Stannis to win the Iron Islands, tho I don't think this will work out. 

I'm not even gonna try to predict anything in the Wall.

Vale: Harry The Heir will rape Sansa. This will be leveraged by LF and the two of them will marry. Alayne will be legitimized and named heir of the Riverlands. After some trouble happens in the Riverlands, the Vale will invade. Sweetrobin will live.

Riverlands: The Brotherhood will rescue the hostages. They will kill many Freys, probably cause a Red Wedding 2.0 and cause a Frey war for succession. Then the Vale will invade.

The rest I have no clue.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

So while we eagerly await for 2050 and The Winds of Winter,

You are soooooo optimistic. While iam still searching for the mathematical symbol for NEVER. 

As to headcanon, I've got a lot. I'll share when more free. 

3 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Probably with Littlefinger's blessing. It's gonna be either him or Harry, or at least an attempt to.

I think it's part of LF's plan, but he won't explicitly tell him to do it.

I expect one or two Melisandre's chapters in the first quarter of TWOW describing the fall of the NW. Asha/Theon chapters will describe the destruction of both armies around Winterfell and the survivors fleeing the cold winds towards the Riverlands.

In the South war and famine will spread while the Vale continues its isolation.

The Iron Bank will fail. Illyrio and Littlefinger are in cahoots to get the bank to overextend itself, then they'll try to withdraw the account they've built up over the years with the same money the bank leant the crown, and when the bank can't cover this it will be hit with a classic panic, just like what brought down the Rogare bank.

Roose will die and Ramsay will suddenly calm down, start speaking in whispers and leeching himself. Later, it will be revealed that Roose is the half-human/wight son of the Night King and has been killing his own sons and wearing their skins in a perfect likeness, like the Faceless Men do (in fact, there may even be a connection between the two). This will lead to a showdown between Roose/Ramsay and Lady Stoneheart, a fight to the true death.

Joffrey's death will be revealed to have been an accident. The real target was Tyrion.

Bran, not Bloodraven, will be revealed as the three-eyed crow.

The Others are not the ones controlling the wights, and they have no intention of destroying all mankind. There will be no ultimate battle between the forces of good and evil.

Lyanna will prove to be Jon's mother, but Rhaegar is not the father. The entire kidnap/rape story and the elopement theory will be false. The Mad King had them both taken, and he fathered Jon on Lyanna. Rhaegar never saw her after Harrenhal and was never madly in love with her. Aerys was going burn Jon in an attempt to hatch a dragon egg, just like what was planned for Rhaegar at Harrenhal and just like what Dany successfully did with Rhaego in Drogo's pyre.

21 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

The Iron Bank will fail. Illyrio and Littlefinger are in cahoots to get the bank to overextend itself, then they'll try to withdraw the account they've built up over the years with the same money the bank leant the crown, and when the bank can't cover this it will be hit with a classic panic, just like what brought down the Rogare bank.

That's super interesting and a strong possibility. I'd also add that there's definitely some Pentoshi conspiracy to remove the Braavosi yoke and place themselves as the power of the Narrow Sea.

4 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

“Headcanon” is usually a term for what you want/wish to happen. So no I do not headcanon Sansa being raped. I want her to run away. :unsure:

Sansa will be fine; her symbology is evolving from little bird to mockingbird and now to bird of prey

Hmmm, I think (or at least hope) that the ending of this whole series will revolve around some kind of real fix to the problematic seasons and hopefully the elimination of magic as a fundamental force and that this will probably be accomplished through the death of Danaerys and her dragons.

13 minutes ago, hiemal said:

Hmmm, I think (or at least hope) that the ending of this whole series will revolve around some kind of real fix to the problematic seasons and hopefully the elimination of magic as a fundamental force and that this will probably be accomplished through the death of Danaerys and her dragons.

I don't think Dany needs to die. I agree with the whole death of dragons thing, if you'll notice I put it there, but Dany can very well survive without her dragons.

Actually I would love to see her living, without the most crucial part of her identity.

51 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I don't think Dany needs to die. I agree with the whole death of dragons thing, if you'll notice I put it there, but Dany can very well survive without her dragons.

Actually I would love to see her living, without the most crucial part of her identity.

I would too, and I think that GRRM's original gameplan called for her to survive as well so I'm still rooting for her to not only survive but become someone who is truly worthy of her destiny (either way) rather than just another annoyingly entitled Targaryen.

That being said I think that, in mythic terms, the Mother of Dragons has to die so that a New World can be made from her remains. GRRM does love to subvert expectations, so here's hoping.

2 minutes ago, hiemal said:

I would too, and I think that GRRM's original gameplan called for her to survive as well so I'm still rooting for her to not only survive but become someone who is truly worthy of her destiny (either way) rather than just another annoyingly entitled Targaryen.

That being said I think that, in mythic terms, the Mother of Dragons has to die so that a New World can be made from her remains. GRRM does love to subvert expectations, so here's hoping.

Thing is, if she were to die, who would do it? None of the options are really satisfying story wise.

Her living as say co ruler with Jon would be a decently happy end, which is probably why it isn't going to happen, became GRRM is a sadist.

Honestly I don't see any decent ending for Dany's story so I just don't know.

The dragons will definitely die though

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Thing is, if she were to die, who would do it? None of the options are really satisfying story wise.

Night's Queen in a battle of mutual annhialation?

7 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Roose will die and Ramsay will suddenly calm down, start speaking in whispers and leeching himself. Later, it will be revealed that Roose is the half-human/wight son of the Night King and has been killing his own sons and wearing their skins in a perfect likeness, like the Faceless Men do (in fact, there may even be a connection between the two). This will lead to a showdown between Roose/Ramsay and Lady Stoneheart, a fight to the true death.

Joffrey's death will be revealed to have been an accident. The real target was Tyrion.

Bran, not Bloodraven, will be revealed as the three-eyed crow.

The Others are not the ones controlling the wights, and they have no intention of destroying all mankind. There will be no ultimate battle between the forces of good and evil.

Lyanna will prove to be Jon's mother, but Rhaegar is not the father. The entire kidnap/rape story and the elopement theory will be false. The Mad King had them both taken, and he fathered Jon on Lyanna. Rhaegar never saw her after Harrenhal and was never madly in love with her. Aerys was going burn Jon in an attempt to hatch a dragon egg, just like what was planned for Rhaegar at Harrenhal and just like what Dany successfully did with Rhaego in Drogo's pyre.

I kind of like this. 

Now for mine.  Westeros will go into winter mode for a long time.  Most life will perish.  Dany's war with the Ghiscari and Volantene will continue for years.  Bran will watch over Westeros and the small number of the living.  Survivors will live underground and struggle to find food.  Bran will guide them to cannibalism.  Arya, Jon, and Rickon will have become wolves.  Sansa and Baelish will hold out for a while but they too will perish.  Tyrion will get he wants, the Rock.  He will die, frozen inside Casterly Rock. 

Archived