US Politics- One Flew over the Cuckcoup’s Nest

Fury Resurrected

7 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

They're so isolated that almost everyone they know is Republican.

If They are so isolated that's purely Their choice. They aren't so isolated that They don't have great big tvs and cable. They aren't so isolated They can't get on a plane, fly to D.C. and attempt to destroy the US  government and kill members of government into the bargain.

12 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

To the best of my knowledge, facial recognition software isn't that good yet.  Certainly not close to the level where such evidence would be introduced in court.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-55573802

One of the corona gifts. The sample/pool of people wearing masks has for obvious reasons increased during the past year. Obviously, the company rep. might overplay the effectiveness of the product for marketing reasons, however I am willing to believe, that the algorithms improved significantly over the past year.

5 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

Joe Manchin is fine guys, he's totally not going to be a problem, I promise. :rolleyes:

Edit: Call it posturing for a better negotiating position, say he'll vote for a final bill no matter what, but the fact of the matter is he is already forcing moderation through these threats of not supporting it.

McConnell didn't want to bring 2K to a vote because it would split the Republicans. Manuchin can do basic math. A few Ds can defect to hold their seats and there's more than enough Rs to make up for it.

If Manuchin was willing to be the dealbreaker vote, then that's very different though it doesn't negate needing to keep his seat.

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I saw that.  Terrifying.  Which is why I was so terrified for those people of certain persuasion about which I am told I am wrong for some reason not to be terrified for because the people on whose behalf I was terrified are badass.  Even though a whole lot of them even work in kitchens and so on.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I saw that.  Terrifying.  Which is why I was so terrified for those people of certain persuasion about which I am told I am wrong for some reason not to be terrified for because the people on whose behalf I was terrified are badass.  Even though a whole lot of them even work in kitchens and so on.

I’m not saying not to be terrified, I’m saying there is no reason to speculate on that particular horror which half of us spend all of our non alone time and some of our alone time having to navigate without the constant make announcements that rape is scary and could have happened. Each of those women is in real danger of it all the goddamn time and they, as we, know that. We don’t need the reminder. We don’t need warnings it COULD happen. We just need support and accountability when it does

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Even money says he'll resign in the next 24 hours.

Soon as he, his aids, and general counsel do the best ad hoc attempt they can at broad pardons for his fam and himself, of course.

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Then there's the tech CEO from suburban Chicago who started groveling and whining as soon as his involvement in the insurrection got out. So much economic anxiety.

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-area-residents-arrested-lose-jobs-after-riot-at-u-s-capitol/amp/

I'm going to really enjoy watching all these seditious pigfuckers getting exposed and fired. Dox dox dox! Cancel cancel cancel! Inject it straight into my veins.

Again, my point was about MONOLITHING 74 MILLION PEOPLE. My original post. Not monolithing means not putting everyone in the same category. That's not what I was doing if one has basic reading comprehension.

7 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Please stop monolithing Trump voters and especially please don't conflate the average Trump voter with the insurrectionists. No, immigration isn't the main concern. Most are strictly economic voters and the rest of the issues are simply not relevant to them or anything they can relate to.

Holy Fuck. Stereotyping 74 million is ok when the left does it because *reasons*, *feelings*. Is that how it is now? Seriously, just mathematically it is fucking absurd.

This is my last post on the subject. This is the crap that's fed Trumpism and now this feeds it more. This country is gone.

1 minute ago, Gertrude said:

I don't see him resigning. I just don't.

It would seem contrary to type, but it's the only way he beats the 25th [if it's invoked, unlikely] and a 2nd impeachment.

30 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

To the best of my knowledge, facial recognition software isn't that good yet.  Certainly not close to the level where such evidence would be introduced in court.

Facial recognition is fairly effective for white faces due to tech's structural racism. 

https://www.media.mit.edu/articles/facial-recognition-is-accurate-if-you-re-a-white-guy/

Not so for people of women and people of color. Ain't I A Woman - Joy Buolamwini (AJL Founder) (Excellent video - highly highly recommend and check out https://www.ajl.org/)

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Again, my point was about MONOLITHING 74 MILLION PEOPLE. My original post. Not monolithing means not putting everyone in the same category. That's not what I was doing if one has basic reading comprehension.

Holy Fuck. Stereotyping 74 million is ok when the left does it because *reasons*, *feelings*. Is that how it is now? Seriously, just mathematically it is fucking absurd.

This is my last post on the subject. This is the crap that's fed Trumpism and now this feeds it more. This country is gone.

For someone using emotional argument as such a negative that’s quite the emotional argument.

7 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I’m not saying not to be terrified, I’m saying there is no reason to speculate on that particular horror which half of us spend all of our non alone time and some of our alone time having to navigate without the constant make announcements that rape is scary and could have happened. Each of those women is in real danger of it all the goddamn time and they, as we, know that. We don’t need the reminder. We don’t need warnings it COULD happen. We just need support and accountability when it does

As the Slate article told us the first place those real guys with full gear, cuffs and real masks went just about was Pelosi's office. They didn't even need to ask directions like the clowns who looked for Schumer.

So yes we do need reminding since a good half of the world never thinks about what women face every day, and faced yesterday, as another poster here pointed out earlier.  Men seldom think about women as women when planning, strategizing and the rest -- but these guys did, you betcha, which is why They went right for Pelosi's office.

So few of us took the threats that have been going on to Hillary for decades seriously either.  Which again is how these evil guys got this far.  This is really very far.  Is it yet far enough?

Archived