US Politics- One Flew over the Cuckcoup’s Nest

Fury Resurrected

Fortunately, despite all the smashed windows and defecation and so on:

"Detailed damage assessments from the Architect of the Capitol or the U.S. Capitol Police have yet to be released. But the singular works of art that curators consider the treasures of the building did not appear to have suffered any major damage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/arts/design/us-capitol-art-damage.html

What constitutes sedition?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/arts/what-are-sedition-charges.html

48 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Warning - that video is, while not gory, quite graphic. 

I can't help but be thankful and a little surprised that situation didn't escalate into a shootout right then and there.  Because there were a bunch of police that were in a very vulnerable spot at that moment, and if the people in the crowd had tried to either start shooting or steal the officer's firearms, it would have gotten real bad real fast. 

I'm glad that didn't happen. 

Wow, that's just... Terrible. Now I feel bad for her. Fuck.

Sucks that she was either dumb enough, or brainwashed, into thinking that wasn't going to happen. Along the same lines, however, I don't like seeing government agents kill civilians. 

So, sorry for the people leaving confused face emojis

Biden has been talking for, what, an hour now? And answering every question put to him. 

And no, he does not look "drugged up" like some people here like to say every time he speaks.

And he sure as bloody hell doesn't talk like he has Alzheimer's.

7 minutes ago, Fez said:

Perdue has conceded to Ossoff, so no lawsuits from him trying to drag things out.

One really has to wonder if Wednesday expedited both concessions, which will make the Dem majority happen a lot sooner than it seemed Tuesday night.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Biden has been talking for, what, an hour now? And answering every question put to him. 

And no, he does not look "drugged up" like some people here like to say every time he speaks.

And he sure as bloody hell doesn't talk like he has Alzheimer's.

Well then he’s obviously on cocaine.

1 hour ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

It is just...so utterly remarkable the behavior of these police. The video of police saying that I respect you as they hold the door for the terrorists....wow.

This is the kind of video that utterly convinces me that their "strategy" of letting them in and letting them go was ordered from above. It is insane that they allowed them to enter the building.

These days I keep thinking of the incident here at the Reichstag four months ago which eerily reminds me that this could have happened here. A dumb mob of corona deniers slipped tried the exact same thing, storming our parliament after slipping through the barriers thanks to massive fuck-up of the police having their attention elsewhere and the building was left protected by three police officers:

(yes, it's a Bild video, but it's the best footage I found)

I know things work a little differently in the US, what with so many guns around, but I wonder if the capitol police similarly acted to not let them breach the doors at all costs, this whole mess would have been significantly more harmless. Also do note that the perimeter was cleared a minute after this scene by the riot police doubling back to the Reichstag.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I don't feel sorry for Babbitt at all, whatsoever. It was her bad luck she got hit, there was quite a crowd there. Them's the breaks.

The media needs to stop labeling her as “Air Force vet” and start labeling her as “terrorist attempting to overthrow government”.

9 minutes ago, Relic said:

Along the same lines, however, I don't like seeing government agents kill civilians. 

She wasn't exactly a civilian though, was she?  And it was her badass military background that made her believe she was invulnerable / superior to cops and could do whatever with impunity. Clearly she considered herself above civilians.

Gotta say, every day since the election I've become more and more grateful that it's Biden-Harris we have to take over.  As you all probably recall, I sure as heck didn't start out a Biden supporter.

Just now, Zorral said:

Gotta say, every day since the election I've become more and more grateful that it's Biden-Harris we have to take over.  As you all probably recall, I sure as heck didn't start out a Biden supporter.

Why is that?  Do you think that a Warren or Sanders or Booker administration would be less capable of handling the challenges of the next four years?

19 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Nope, this is bullshit. There is a huge prosecutorial difference between someone you identified from internet posts and photos to someone you arrested in the process of committing the crime. 

Not sure I get what you are trying to say. I am just trying to say that I want these people punished. If it means waiting until after the 20th to make sure that happens I am ok with that.

"Cocaine Joe"

:rofl:

He praised McConnell for his speech Wednesday night, and praised Romney as a man of integrity. And said Trump proved he was not fit to serve. Asked if others should be forced to resign, he said the best thing was for them to get beat in the next election. He also would not call for impeachment, saying that was up to Congress. And with regard to the events of Wednesday, he said there has to be a thorough investigation, but charges would be up to the AG, and the AG alone.

When the tweets came out about Joe Mancin's comment about stimulus checks, the Dow started to tank. Once Biden started to talk, they turned around and started to rise again.

Not that I think the market will continue to rise, it's just been nuts to see it go up. I expect a pretty sharp correction pretty soon.

Just now, Freshwater Spartan said:

Not sure I get what you are trying to say. I am just trying to say that I want these people punished. If it means waiting until after the 20th to make sure that happens I am ok with that.

She's saying that they'd have been far more likely to be effectively punished if they were picked up at the scene than picked up from their home based on evidence.

15 minutes ago, Zorral said:

She wasn't exactly a civilian though, was she?

You're right, she was technically a criminal at that point, but a civilian still. I'd rather NOT see people die. Her death is on Trump, his White House, Cruz, that other douchebag senator, and 100 GOP congress people.  Its on Tucker Carlson, Fox in the Morning, Hannity, and a slew of others. They should all stand in her place and take the punishment themselves. 

What I find amusing from a (former) gamer perspective was Cliffy B. (formerly Epic Games for those who never played Unreal (Tournament)) mocking Hawley after he lost his book deal and whined about Orwellian publishers. Ok, Cliffy B. always did strike me as great dude,

Archived