US Politics- One Flew over the Cuckcoup’s Nest

Fury Resurrected

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

You are so right -- they are traumatized.  The more one learns of what went on in those hours, particularly at the beginning of the breach -- thanx to Pence, shoggoth and that Defense director -- no wonder they are traumatized, particuarly the women.  They were out for blood, and that's what that military woman was shot -- she was working to get into the Chambers while the members were still there.  

Obvs, even Pence, or even particularly Pence, remains utterly terrified. This was a mob hit, as promised, and he's still targeted.

I called my House representative’s (William Timmons) office in DC to express my support for immediate impeachment of Trump this morning.  

I got a person on the phone.  After he took my name, number, and email I asked him how he was doing?  He was clearly still really shaken up and this is the person feilding phone calls for a US House Representative.

Strip Trump’s power... now.  Impeach and convict him to strip him of the ability to ever hold Federal Office again.

3 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

Is it possible that these aides could be convinced to testify to Trump's state of mind

The resignation rash seems at least partly fueled by the expectation that being gone they won't be made to testify to anything.  They're still terrified of him and whoever is running him.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Apparently the success the RNC has seen in the past four years was enough that she was not only reelected, but did so unopposed. 

Yeah, hard to make much of anything of this considering she ran unopposed.  Other than the fact that the party is in such an uncertain state that nobody wanted to oppose her.  Anyway, don't know why you added the h.

2 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

That said, theoretically there is the possibility that the Legislature could take up that would put Biden in a position where he is actually going to be pushed somewhat, and folks like Manchin shut down that down almost completely.

I'm going to need some type of specifics or example to substantively respond to this.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

And Prime Minister Trudeau has said Trump “incited an assault on democracy by violent rioters”.

Ivanka must be tearing down posters and cutting up photos.

30 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Warning - that video is, while not gory, quite graphic. 

I can't help but be thankful and a little surprised that situation didn't escalate into a shootout right then and there.  Because there were a bunch of police that were in a very vulnerable spot at that moment, and if the people in the crowd had tried to either start shooting or steal the officer's firearms, it would have gotten real bad real fast. 

I'm glad that didn't happen. 

I appreciate seeing that video. Good thing they have that heavy-duty reinforced glass in the doors, it gave people time to escape.

The police standing in front of the doors stepped aside when it just got too dangerous, and I think that was the wise thing to do. They probably had a sense of how much time people behind the doors needed. They were damn calm.

13 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

She deserved to get shot. 

Glad that they were able to clear the thugs out.

I can’t say I feel bad she was killed.

I’m struggling to be empathetic, but I can’t. Because she and the cretins around had gotten to congress they would have killed democracy.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

I appreciate seeing that video. Good think they have that heavy-duty reinforced glass in the doors, it gave people time to escape.

The police standing in front of the doors stepped aside when it just got too dangerous, and I think that was the wise thing to do. They probably has a sense of how much time people behind the doors needed. They were damn calm.

The article below discusses what is happening in the video, and while it wasn't 100% clear, it sounds like those officers were being replaced by more heavily armed and armored officers (seen at the very end). 

It is very odd (to me, I don't know anything) that the police were holding the door by standing in the way, but not actively trying to stop the rioters from doing anything, just getting in the way.  Obviously, they were hopelessly outnumbered and couldn't physically stop them (unless they start spraying bullets, and maybe not even then).  But standing where they were, they seem extremely vulnerable to being caught in the crush.  If the guys in the back yell "RUSH EM!" then those three guys could easily be killed before they even have the opportunity to draw their weapons. 

I am impressed that they stayed that calm.  It definitely helped the situation (a little) and may have saved lives. 

1 hour ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

It is just...so utterly remarkable the behavior of these police. The video of police saying that I respect you as they hold the door for the terrorists....wow.

So valiant! 

It kind of reminds me of that line in Fight Club after the police shot Bob.   "You were running around in ski masks blowing up buildings?  What did you think was going to happen?"

I generally have a very strong anti-murder stance.  A big part of the reason that I don't have a gun in my house is because I don't want to kill someone, and would rather they steal anything I own than to have to live my life as a murderer. 

But smashing your way into Congress to subvert our democracy...these people had it coming. 

You can find some positive takeaway this coup-less morons. It's rather minor, but still.

Twitler's hostage video has rubbed a lot of the crazy ass clowns the wrong way. They like really thought he'd stand up for them, and be there with them (like cadet bonespurs ever taking responsibility for anything), so they are apparently livid at him over throwing them under the bus (or in jail) to save his own skin (again, SUPRISE!). While this amusing on some petty level in itself, the real bonus is, that it should put an end to any political hopes his dumb ass children might have had.

I don't think Junior or Ivanka have much credibility left with them. Also, I don't think Donnie Sell Outs, proposed new media empire would amount to much now. He and his family Klan are done for politically. It should really be game over for them. That's a positive in my book.

55 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

How are they taking things today?

1) Sure some patriots maybe got a little out of hand, but the Dems are blowing it out of proportion so they can execute a power grab

2) BLM/Antifa... double standards... media hypocrites 

3) Let’s talk about cancel culture/SJWs/literally anything else!

I don’t really keep track of usernames, so I can’t be sure, but it feels like echo chamber has shrunk considerably over the last few days.

Also, Reddit itself is taking action; r/DonaldTrump has been shut down and the top mod from r/conspiracy has been banned.

41 minutes ago, Freshwater Spartan said:

Again. You are not wrong but I have honest question. Would you rather they be arrested now and escape all punishment or would you rather wait two weeks so they are punished? I am patient guy. I'd rather wait two weeks and hope there is no blanket pardon.

Nope, this is bullshit. There is a huge prosecutorial difference between someone you identified from internet posts and photos to someone you arrested in the process of committing the crime. 

Perdue has conceded to Ossoff, so no lawsuits from him trying to drag things out.

Hopefully the Georgia SoS expedites certification of Warnock and Ossoff as quickly as possible. I'm not sure what Georgia law is though, and if it has to wait until the remaining ballots are counted.

Though McConnell will be Majority Leader until January 20 regardless of when certification happens, since Pence is still the tie-breaker until then.

1 hour ago, Fury Resurrected said:

Well, for one, make sure the person you are pointing a finger at about the personal experience someone close to you had with rape is not themselves a survivor of it. I know *exactly* how shitty and scary and life changing it is. I also know how shitty and scary and detrimental for women being allowed to live normal lives the breathless fears for “the women” that men express are. In America, every second of every day, women (especially we of color) are reminded that we could be raped at any fucking time and if we did it would be because we weren’t careful enough and nobody would get in trouble. We don’t need more men telling us how scary the prospect of rape is when thankfully it did not occur this time.

Yesterday I was listening to my favorite podcast and they were interviewing a regular guest, John Amaechi, who is renowned British psychologist. They were talking to him to try and make sense of what happened Wednesday, and in his explanation he focused a lot on privilege. First he did so through the lens of being a man, then a black man and then a gay black man. It was very touching. Then he brought up a thread he had seen and it was breath taking. The hypothetical was asking women what they would do if there was a curfew for men every night that began at 9PM. Like him, I was expecting bigger things, but what he found was most women said the simplest of things. Go for an evening walk. Do yoga outside. Just sit outside and enjoy the night air. Many things along those lines. It really drove home the point of male privilege and how women still are not able to feel safe even in so called developed countries.

Link if anyone is interested.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Courageous.  I'm only moderately against murder.

??  I feel like I elucidate in the very next sentence what I mean by strongly vs only moderately anti-murder.  And I do think that my position is outside the mainstream for America at the very least.  That's why Stand Your Ground / Castle Doctrine laws are so popular. 

EDIT: Maybe you're just taking the piss, in which case an emoji would have helped clarify things. 

Archived