US Politics- One More Impeachment, For Old Times’ Sake

Fury Resurrected

It’s probably too soon but I wonder if there is any reliable data on Trumps current approval rating. He’s been so steadfast at 40-45% for nearly his entire term I’m curious if the bottom has fallen out. Certainly seems like the rats are fleeing the ship when it comes to elected officials and members of the administration, but I’d be more reassured to see some data on whether or not a decent portion of the rank and file are heading for the exits. 

47 minutes ago, S John said:

It’s probably too soon but I wonder if there is any reliable data on Trumps current approval rating. He’s been so steadfast at 40-45% for nearly his entire term I’m curious if the bottom has fallen out. Certainly seems like the rats are fleeing the ship when it comes to elected officials and members of the administration, but I’d be more reassured to see some data on whether or not a decent portion of the rank and file are heading for the exits. 

If you squint hard enough, the 538 average of his approval rating has slowly slid from ~43 to ~41.9, but there havent been too many of those polls occuring after the beer belly putsch.

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

No double fisting. 

Just...ah, whatever floats your boat. With one thread open.

Does that mean single fisting is "Game on" or is it, "No, Doulbe fisting." There was some discussion of the proper use of commas on the other thread. It would be ironic.

10 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

The Trifecta! The campaign account also suspended. 

:D

1 minute ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

It could have worked - though I have a preference for two complete sentences rather than a semicolon, it’s still acceptable*. However, the comma was necessary, no matter what.

* As you can see, I didn’t follow my usual preference of two complete sentences. I used a dash, for emphasis, which is still correct, as would have been a semicolon.

I use semi colons all the time. I have no idea if I'm doing it right. Just what feels natural to my brain and stinky digits.

Per McConnell, since the Senate is in pro forma sessions until January 19, it would require unanimous consent to consider any impeachment articles (or anything else) before then. Assuming UC is not given, January 20 or January 21 is the earliest that the impeachment articles could be given.

He doesn't give any opinion on impeachment itself; other than to say that because Trump would no longer be a sitting president at that point, its unclear whether John Roberts would still have to presiding officer or not.

So 25A is the only option for keeping Trump from power through inauguration day.

Archived