US Politics- One More Impeachment, For Old Times’ Sake

Fury Resurrected

16 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

The sociopathy is over 9000!!!!

Delicious. That means Wednesday nights count was a direct rebuke of Trump. He must have been spitting blood. Too bad he can't vent on twitter anymore.

7 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

According to a Reuters poll, 57% of Americans want T removed from office immediately.

I wonder if thats Trump support or people thinking it'll make no difference if he runs out the clock. Either way its depressingly low.

Feds say police found a pickup truck full of bombs and guns near Capitol insurrection as wide-ranging investigation unfurls

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html

n Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck packed with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun two blocks from the US Capitol building on Wednesday for hours before authorities ever noticed, according to federal prosecutors.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Removed or threats of removal from app stores

I believe removed from Google Play, with Apple threatening to do the same.  Apple gave them 24 hours to like clean up the platform.

49 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Yes.

He's a right winger from Alberta.

Alberta is my guess....

My first ever boss, when I was selling timeshare in Mexico, was Canadian, and super into being Canadian. He’s also the most Trump-like person I’ve ever known. I’m still very close friends with his son, and was not at all surprised to learn that he’s a full blown QAnon cultist these days. I’ve been staying in Mexico since mid-May, and the ex-pat community in my resort town is about 60/40 American to Canadian. The Americans by and large hate Trump, while the Canadians by and large love him. It’s fucking weird.

4 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That part I knew...saw a couple random tweets that seemed to insinuate it was going away completely though... 

The network is still there, it is just, possibly getting banned from two of the largest electronic marketplaces for apps.

30 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

My first ever boss, when I was selling timeshare in Mexico, was Canadian, and super into being Canadian. He’s also the most Trump-like person I’ve ever known. I’m still very close friends with his son, and was not at all surprised to learn that he’s a full blown QAnon cultist these days. I’ve been staying in Mexico since mid-May, and the ex-pat community in my resort town is about 60/40 American to Canadian. The Americans by and large hate Trump, while the Canadians by and large love him. It’s fucking weird.

I am going to take a wild guess that most are from Alberta or Saskatchewan. Your typical Albertan is the most right-wing and American-like Canadian, because they are so focused on oil. They got pissed off at eastern Canada during the 1970s oil crisis because Pierre Trudeau, father of Justin, thought oil should be sold at a lower price in Canada than oil that was exported. It was a bad mistake of Trudeau’s. Alberta announced Eastern bastards can freeze in the dark and concentrated on building oil pipelines that went only in one direction, south to the US. The US, they said, would always need oil. They actually shut down the flow of oil to the east and said the rest of us could buy more expensive Saudi oil.

Once they were captive to the US market, a funny thing happened, though. Alberta oil, especially from the oil sands, slowly became worth less and less and less. If a US barrel was going for $60, Canadian oil was going for $45 because it wasn’t light sweet, and oil sands oil was going for $30. That’s why gasoline is so cheap in the US and Americans all drive trucks.

Now Alberta wants to reverse the oil pipelines to ship more oil east, and in fact the pipelines are running at full capacity today. And they want a new pipeline to the east coast, but they don’t want to be fully responsible for environmental damage so Quebec told them to fuck off and die. Then Trump got elected and said he’d undo all the regulations that blocked the new pipelines south to the US, so Albertans adore him. Of course, as with everything else Trump promised (other than tax cuts) Trump failed to deliver.

I try to avoid Facebook debates. But one of my money league FF players had to pop off. And I fucking dragged him all over our league, mutual friends, and oddly some of my family, because they started to chime in. 

There is nothing more fun than when a conservative/Republican talks about the Constitution and than you fucking cite it right for them and it's clear they've never read it before!!! 

5 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chris-99178053752

MSNBC collected not-so-funny video footage, some of it very disturbing.

Wow. A large crowd pushing like that is fucking dangerous. Our English friends on this board would remember the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 when 96 football fans died due to overcrowding. And then it wasn't even intentional. Seeing the mob filling the whole room and pushing on command like a tug o' war team is disturbing footage indeed. I'm glad more people didn't die, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "medical emergency" deaths were due to asphyxiation or internal organ damages from being crushed by the crowd. 

Archived