US Politics- One More Impeachment, For Old Times’ Sake

Fury Resurrected

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

The popular hiking / running trail that I often use is generally safe, but there was a woman abducted and murdered there by a serial killer, maybe about 10 years back. 

Most women who are serious runners (as I used to be) have to be prepared for some level of harassment, sad as that is, and although that type of thing doesn’t often escalate into an attack, it could.

It's actually technically a firearm in the UK. I was doing a couple of things at once.

Have you ever used it? It's practically useless, it will fuck them up, but you in all likelihood as well. And it works less well on people with MH, drink, drugs etc. The people who maybe actually attacking you. Get a snooker ball in a sock instead. 

23 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

https://www.comicsands.com/carlson-trump-supporters-freedom-peril-2649781552.html

Tucker Carlson Throws Gasoline On The Fire By Telling Trumpers Their Freedoms 'Are In Peril' Now

"What happened today will be used by the people taking power to strip you of the rights you were born with as an American: your right to speak without being censored, your right to assemble, to not be spied upon, to make a living, to defend your family, most critically."

Pretty bold statement from someone who has a permanent facial expression that I can only call quizzical. 

The man looks perpetually confused. 

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

It's actually technically a firearm in the UK. I was doing a couple of things at once.

Have you ever used it? It's practically useless, it will fuck them up, but you in all likelihood as well. And it works less well on people with MH, drink, drugs etc. The people who maybe actually attacking you. Get a snooker ball in a sock instead. 

Where the hell would she get a snooker ball in America?

He means a pool ball.

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Or a bag of quarters? 

That would work. But who wants to jingle jangle while running?

2 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I can assure you that you can find snooker tables in the US if you know where to look. 

I’m gonna be lazy right now.

”Something, something, elitist joke”

:P

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Or a bag of quarters? 

Honestly I was grabbed once while walking alone in Avignon. Used SING (the instep portion of which was conclusive - I was wearing chunky heels that packed a wallop and I ran before I even got to N). I don’t think anything like mace or a roll of quarters would have helped. I would have had to access them first. 

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

That would work. But who wants to jingle jangle while running?

I’m gonna be lazy right now.

”Something, something, elitist joke”

:P

Oh I was going to refer you to the nearest establishment with squash courts if you had asked. 

2 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Airports tend to be public government owned property (though it is really complicated sometimes). Banning people for speech from the airport (especially political or politically adjacent speech) seems fraught. I agree airlines probably could ban someone for harassing other passengers. 

I can tell you I will never follow a politician, screaming obscene language at him, in an airport here in Canada. I suspect that I would get arrested and that a judge would more than likely draw a line between political or politically adjacent speech and and harasment, After sentencing me he or she would then tell me to write a letter to the editor the next time I get worked up.

You had just posted this and I had started my response when the phone rang, and it was a lawyer friend of mine, and we talked about your post. He too has seen the video of Graham being followed in the airport and also would not reccommend doing that here in Canada. Or in the US. He figures Graham has paid off CNN to run the video over and over to show proof that he indeed is a moral and upright person, shocked, shocked he says, at the events from Wednesday. :cool4:

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

I can tell you I will never follow a politician, screaming obscene language at him, in an airport here in Canada. I suspect that I would get arrested and that a judge would more than likely draw a line between political or politically adjacent speech and and harasment, After sentencing me he or she would then tell me to write a letter to the editor the next time I get worked up.

You had just posted this and I had started my response when the phone rang, and it was a lawyer friend of mine, and we talked about your post. He too has seen the video of Graham being followed in the airport and also would not reccommend doing that here in Canada. Or in the US. He figures Graham has paid off CNN to run the video over and over to show proof that he indeed is a moral and upright person, shocked, shocked he says, at the events from Wednesday. :cool4:

Yeah I haven’t seen the video - if the person got close enough could be assault or equivalent, which is of course different. But if someone is in the public part of the terminal chanting in the person’s general direction ?  Even if obscene I think that would probably get a pass here. I know our standards are a bit different. 

32 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

@Myshkin, maybe on jr.'s webite is where all thos conervative redditors are gathering now. Wanna check it out?

Not really. For the same reason I never signed up for Parler; I fear being put on some sort of government watchlist. However, in the interest of the public good, I may take a peek. Using a VPN, of course.

Yes, yes, sometimes you gotta take one for the team!

Twitter issues ominous warning of more pro-Trump violence to come: report

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-violence/

In their statement, they wrote, "Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021," with the Washington Post adding that Twitter stated that two presidential tweets on Friday were "likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021."

Update: DONJR.com appears to be entirely dedicated to hawking Donny’s worthless books and other junk. There may be more going on, but to find out I would have to sign up for an account, which is a big nope for me.

5 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Update: DONJR.com appears to be entirely dedicated to hawking Donny’s worthless books and other junk. There may be more going on, but to find out I would have to sign up for an account, which is a big nope for me.

I imagine it's just a mailing list designed to get people to give them money.  I was getting the Donald's campaign emails for a while (never signed up, as I'm not a racist, so no idea how they got my email address) and basically every one was the same.  Stoke outrage, ask for money, please don't read the fine print on where the money's going.

I think the reporters in there did a great job, including Lisa Desjardins, whom I watched on PBS.

What we saw the day the Capitol was attacked | 'America, Interrupted' Podcast

Refreshing little rant:

Archived