US Politics: Dark Days at Parler

Fragile Bird

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

They don't have the votes in the senate to impeach him, but they may get them in the House.  He's half impeached at that point.  If the articles are immediately then forwarded to the Senate, the Senate cannot conduct any other business, including bills for covid, for unemployment assistance -- everything.  100 days doesn't mean dropping it, and if the lord is willing and the crick doesn't rise, things may be more settled and progressing on all the endless fronts the administration needs work done.

It would be so easier if Pence just invoked the 25th.  Which he won't because he's so terrified of the man who asked he be killed.

At he very least, then they should tell people the truth when campaigning for the impeachment. Very bad look imo.

Just now, Mindwalker said:

they should tell people the truth when campaigning for the impeachment.

Maybe they are just working it all out themselves?  They're going in tomorrow and a lot of paper / words have to be generated and agreed on.

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Respectully, 1st, I don't know what you're trying to say here? What do those words actually mean within the context of the macro level of people with back rent because they lost their jobs?

2nd I never called anybody despicable, so don't know what you mean by that either!

Fez said don’t call Republicans despicable when you are going to want their cooperation. Fez wasn’t addressing you, Zabz was just agreeing with Fez.

OK.  Missed that. Things move quickly even as one types and even while one posts!

The so-called Republican Party is over.  It's something else, and nothing that can be worked with.  One or the other is going to have a call for new name and organization, one way and another.

In the meantime there's a groups that radicalized to do this work when their home of Charlottesville was invaded by the nazis in 2017.  They're finding the nazis right now, working with the more official groups searching out the rioters from the 6th

.https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/antifa-far-right-doxing-identities/2021/01/10/41721de0-4dd7-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Respectully, 1st, I don't know what you're trying to say here? What do those words actually mean within the context of the macro level of people with back rent because they lost their jobs?

2nd I never called anybody despicable, so don't know what you mean by that either!

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

Fez said don’t call Republicans despicable when you are going to want their cooperation. Fez wasn’t addressing you, Zabz was just agreeing with Fez.

Actually don’t call more conservative Democrats despicable (go for the elephants) LOL. Anyhow I am doing this on my phone which makes quoting and tagging nonsense. My point was that in fact where we are realistically is that the Democratic caucus has a narrow margin. Sometimes that means you get half a loaf because you compromise. And we should be working for those compromises in the party.  And if the party wants to be successful it should take the wins where they have them. The 2000 is just an example. Either find a bridge to build in WVa or compromise and get some other stimulus he will vote for or whatever. 

12 minutes ago, Fury Resurrected said:

I think holding off on se ding it to the Senate for 100 days is a mistake. Consequences for this need to be strong and swift, and currently leaning supportive Republicans will fall off by then

Yeah, there is absolutely no reason to delay.  I mean, if McConnell does before Warnock/Ossoff are seated not much you can do about that, but once Schumer takes the gavel they need to start the "trial" immediately.  This is more important than confirming Biden's Cabinet and even the legislative agenda.  Moreover, let's not act like the "trial" needs to last very long at all.  We don't need hearings, we don't need to be presented and assess the evidence, and we certainly don't need to consider any defense (albeit I'll grant he's entitled).  The entire world saw the evidence.  The whole thing should be a very expedited process once Schumer takes over, force the GOP to vote on it, then move on.  Shouldn't take more than a week, really a few days, tops.

11 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

This isn't a surprise as Biden is one of the most conservative Democrats of the last thirty years

This is just empirically wrong.  While he hasn't been a Senator for 12 years, if you go back to his actual Senate career, he wasn't even close to the most conservative Democrat, ever. 

As for the future and trying to flip states less conservative than WV, I mean, of course.  In 2022 there's PA, WI, FL, OH, and NC.  So there's some hope and should be a huge effort, and it would be great if they could pick up a seat from one of those states - as the candidate would certainly be more amenable to a Dem agenda than Manchin.  But for the time being he's what we've got.

7 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

I'm talking about coalition building going forward, not what we have now. Relying on DINOs to support Democrat policies is a failing strategy. Biden often ignored the left (in debates, he fully distanced himself from the left) and instead worked to build coalitions with Republicans. This isn't a surprise as Biden is one of the most conservative Democrats of the last thirty years, but the people he builds coalitions with will only get in the way of what he claims he wants to do.

There are plenty of states out there that could be turned blue, as opposed to relying on a place like W.V. to continue to elect Manchin. Colorado did it, and it's a long-term change. But it took a lot of work after Cory Gardner got elected. We did tons of things here to help voters--like mailing out ballots to all registered voters. Once that happened, Colorado went from purple to decidedly blue. There are plenty of states Dems could focus on going forward.

If you want to be taken seriously I suggest you not adopt the language of the crazy right. There are no such things as “DINOs”. You may think you get to define what a Democrat is, hell you’ve convinced a fair few that you get to define what a progressive is, but this is a big tent party. If you want to take part in the discussion, if you want your voice heard, then stop trying to silence or otherwise minimize and denigrate everyone else’s voice.

So maybe this is upthread, and apologies if it is, but NBC is reporting FBI had real and credible intelligence that something would go down (despite protestations to the contrary) and that the NYPD had circulated a briefing packet describing that something like this could happen, right before 1/6.  So......

1 minute ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

So maybe this is upthread, and apologies if it is, but NBC is reporting FBI had real and credible intelligence that something would go down (despite protestations to the contrary) and that the NYPD had circulated a briefing packet describing that something like this could happen, right before 1/6.  So......

I’m just some guy who’s been lurking around conservative Reddit and Twitter, and I knew something like this was a distinct possibility. There’s no way the FBI and Capitol Police and everyone else in the business of law enforcement and intelligence gathering were blindsided by this.

4 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

...and they were ignored.

2 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

I’m just some guy who’s been lurking around conservative Reddit and Twitter, and I knew something like this was a distinct possibility. There’s no way the FBI and Capitol Police and everyone else in the business of law enforcement and intelligence gathering were blindsided by this.

2 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

...and they were ignored.

Right? Hmmmmm........

(Also, Myshkin, make sure you come back here often enough for your Vitamin D)

Just now, Chataya de Fleury said:

You and conservative Twitter :rofl:

Just don’t get sucked in, bro.

It is quite addictive. It’s like watching that dude smash that racist in the face with the can of twisted tea over and over again. But better, because it’s the racists accidentally smashing themselves in the face and then wondering how the fuck it happened.

21 minutes ago, DMC said:

This is just empirically wrong.  While he hasn't been a Senator for 12 years, if you go back to his actual Senate career, he wasn't even close to the most conservative Democrat, ever. 

As for the future and trying to flip states less conservative than WV, I mean, of course.  In 2022 there's PA, WI, FL, OH, and NC.  So there's some hope and should be a huge effort, and it would be great if they could pick up a seat from one of those states - as the candidate would certainly be more amenable to a Dem agenda than Manchin.  But for the time being he's what we've got.

If I recall was pretty big on financial deregulation, civil asset forfeiture laws, and the war on drugs. I could be mistaken on the last one.

BTW, just so everyone knows (especially the secret Fed spooks I know are lurking): the date being bandied about for the next insurrection is the 17th, not the 20th. I’m not sure they’ll actually pull anything off, but the National Guard should be in place beforehand, and I hope they fucking shoot any terrorists who show up right in their shitty faces.

Archived