US Politics: Dark Days at Parler

Fragile Bird

For those of you who still pay attention to these things, Trump's average approval rating has dropped to 40.8 Thats the 'good' news

The bad news is that I happen to think approval ratings are plagued (probably) with similar problems that election polls have, which is to say they may be missing out on some people. Also, this drop is driven by one Q-pac survey that had Trump at 33% approval, and we all know how Q-pac was a bigly outlier all through the 2020 election season.

I don't see any reason to pass any new laws based on what happened on the 6th.  Competently implementing and enforcing the current laws - and actually prosecuting those that break them - is more than sufficient.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

A lot of you disagreed, some went as far as to laugh it off.

Well I wasn't among them, as I've been on this tip since the 1980's and watched it relentlessly get bigger, meaner, more and more more violent and suffer fewer and fewer consequences, operating with ever more impunity and immunity.  Because, GOD IS WITH US AND WE ARE GOD'S WARRIORS. And EVERYBODY NOT US IS INFERIOR AND SHOULD BE SLAVE, KICKED OUT AND / OR KILLED -- that too.  All in that firestorm combustable mix of hate, racism, religion and victimhood = Hawley, for instance.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/opinion/josh-hawley-religion-democracy.html?

Interview with Lt. Governor John Fetterman about a Republican effort in PA NOT to seat a Democratic official whose win was certified, and his headline-making announcement about a Senate run in 2022.

"All bets are off."

3 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Interview with Lt. Governor John Fetterman about a Republican effort in PA NOT to seat a Democratic official whose win was certified, and his headline-making announcement about a Senate run in 2022.

While I'm happy it looks almost certain now he's going for the Senate, and fairly surprised he didn't opt to run for governor instead.

Well, this is curious

ETA: This is almost certainly because someone inserted this bit into the yoast.com SEO optimization (which is ALSO hilarious):

<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast SEO plugin v15.3 - https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/ -->
  <title>Donald J. Trump - United States Department of State</title>
  <meta name="robots" content="index, follow, max-snippet:-1, max-image-preview:large, max-video-preview:-1" />

<meta property="og:description" content="Donald J. Trump&#039;s term ended on 2021-01-11 19:41:57." />

<!-- / Yoast SEO plugin. -->

2 hours ago, Relic said:

I recall posting in early December that there was a snowball effect among the right in regards to claims of an illegitimate election. A lot of you disagreed, some went as far as to laugh it off. Whelp...this shit isn't going away. Even if by some miracle we make it to the Inauguration without another massive incident these people aren't going away. They take every slight against Trump personally, they have woven his persona into their very identity. He allows them to be the dumb biased pieces of garbage that they really are. And they love him for it. They would literally kill all of us to keep it that way.

Trump CAN shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue for no reason and get away with it, in their eyes. 

This from a Facebook post by someone I know to another friend, regarding the election in November:

First, if you took probability and statistics and look into the analysis by PhD level mathematicians at MIT, etc. using the models WE use to monitor elections in OTHER countries, you would find definitive proof that irregularities occurred. That doesn't tell you how or why, but it does tell you they happened. When you compare OTHER states, the distribution of votes follows a normal distribution for everyone - Biden, Trump, third-party, Senate, House, down ballot. Only in these disputed areas where anomalies occur are the numbers NOT normally distributed in the PRESIDENTIAL RACE. When you look at Biden's Votes and Trumps in these areas, Trumps votes (and everybody else's) are still normally distributed. Biden's looks like a saw tooth - which according to the models indicates manipulation of the vote. So it isn't lies, Mark, the irregularities are there. The REASONS for the irregularities are backed up by the affidavits of witnesses in the polling places and buttressed by the Constitutional flaws in the way election laws were changed, and security measures relaxed, by Dem administrations in these states spurred by Dem lawsuits using Covid-19 as an excuse to change the nature of voting. And lo and behold, after all the lawsuits by Dems to change the election laws (illegally and unconstitutionally) we have Biden - who couldn't draw flies and didn't get close to the Dem nomination in 3 other tries - suddenly getting 11 M more votes than Obama. This "support" just happens to coincide with those lawsuits that provided for unlimited mail in ballots over weeks without signature verification (and other security measures) sent out to inaccurate lists of registered voters with tens of thousands of ineligible voters getting ballots. All this even though Trump doubled his percentage of Black and Hispanic votes from last time with 12 M more votes. Go figure the coincidence....and where did all those voters come from that weren't on the roles? Willful blindness by happy little Dems as to what happened doesn't mean it didn't happen either. And those you elected keep striking match after match around inflammables rather than even honoring the fake calls for "unity".

There is no reasoning with any of them.  This was the diatribe that came from the third person asking if this individual, who was inviting people to join him on MeHa (or whatever it is), if he truly didn't think Trump lost.

8 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Well, this is curious

Saw an updated screenshot stating that his presidency ended today. Did he resign, did he get those pardons out in time, was it a pissed off staffer, who knows.

edit: lulz

7 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

For those of you who still pay attention to these things, Trump's average approval rating has dropped to 40.8 Thats the 'good' news

The bad news is that I happen to think approval ratings are plagued (probably) with similar problems that election polls have, which is to say they may be missing out on some people. Also, this drop is driven by one Q-pac survey that had Trump at 33% approval, and we all know how Q-pac was a bigly outlier all through the 2020 election season.

I think you’re being reasonable in your caution here.

But looking at qpac polls listed on 538, to me it doesn’t seem like they gave many outliers at least extreme ones.

It should also be noted Ransemum is being an outlier here as well pushing Trump’s approval rating up.

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

Saw a updated screenshot stating that his presidency ended today. Did he resign, did he get those pardons out in time, was it a pissed off staffer, who knows.

What you have posted says it ended at 19:40:07, and if that's Eastern Time that's still about four and a half hours from now. So for that to work someday has to actually be using Greenwich Mean Time. 

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What you have posted says it ended at 19:40:07, and if that's Eastern Time that's still about four and a half hours from now. So for that to work someday has to actually be using Greenwich Mean Time. 

Yeah, I know. Which is why I included the angry staffer to the speculation. 

edit: could be hack though, apparently Pence's is the same now too lol

It's not an angry staffer - it's likely an angry random person on an entirely different site. It's supposed to be just part of SEO, but thanks to their bad algorithm they actually print any tags in the SEO on the page itself in that way. It wouldn't have been noticed at all normally - it would have done some weird things with searches - except for that. 

And their SEO is done by the same folks who do wordpress. So...anyone who has access to that security level could in theory put almost anything there. 

10 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

Poem. :ninja:

This reminded me immediately for some reason of the murders at the synagogue where Trump response was to say if congregations armed themselves it wouldn't happen.

These terrible things have been happening for so long and any one of them is so shocking, especially when encouraged by a President.

Thar she blows as they say it will.  Boogaloo boys gonna save us. Actually this could well be days that live down in history as infamously bad*. But we knew it, right?  This isn't a surprise?  Just like a whole lot of people knew it was happening the 6th but the people who should have made things secure and guarded deliberately DID NOT, which we also know now certainly, just as we now certainly know the clown show and funny hats were the camo behind which the pros went in.  A most narrow escape.

* Hundreds of historians who study these matters have written a petition for him to be removed right this second because otherwise the chances of this ending even more badly are extremely high.

Archived