Sign in to follow this  
Fragile Bird

US Politics: Dark Days at Parler

It's not an angry staffer - it's likely an angry random person on an entirely different site. It's supposed to be just part of SEO, but thanks to their bad algorithm they actually print any tags in the SEO on the page itself in that way. It wouldn't have been noticed at all normally - it would have done some weird things with searches - except for that. 

And their SEO is done by the same folks who do wordpress. So...anyone who has access to that security level could in theory put almost anything there. 

10 minutes ago, a free shadow said:

Poem. :ninja:

This reminded me immediately for some reason of the murders at the synagogue where Trump response was to say if congregations armed themselves it wouldn't happen.

These terrible things have been happening for so long and any one of them is so shocking, especially when encouraged by a President.

Thar she blows as they say it will.  Boogaloo boys gonna save us. Actually this could well be days that live down in history as infamously bad*. But we knew it, right?  This isn't a surprise?  Just like a whole lot of people knew it was happening the 6th but the people who should have made things secure and guarded deliberately DID NOT, which we also know now certainly, just as we now certainly know the clown show and funny hats were the camo behind which the pros went in.  A most narrow escape.

* Hundreds of historians who study these matters have written a petition for him to be removed right this second because otherwise the chances of this ending even more badly are extremely high.

Edited by Zorral

50 minutes ago, Fez said:

I had thought that too, but now I'm less sure. I've seen claims that the FBI was significantly hampered in their efforts to pre-empt the attack. If they had been foreign nationals they could've been arrested in advance, but since they were citizens they couldn't because almost none of their online chatter could be legally monitored (not enough time to get warrants, etc.).

I'm pretty sure that all they need to start investigating is for there to be a credable threat. This was not something that came out of nowhere, this is a structural failure in a law enforcement agency that, like most law enforcement agencies, is fairly right wing. We spied on all sorts of American citizens when they were brown, but when we're talking about white folks who couldn't have been more obvious if they filmed a Al-Qaeda/Osama Bin Ladin video where they outright said there was going to be an attack.

Looking at the North Dakota paper of record, not a word about the insurrection -- except letter complaining at the unfairness of Big Tech shutting down what “it considers problematic speech” when not shutting down, o, MSNBC I guess?

This nation desperately needs a national de-programming program.

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Looking at the North Dakota paper of record, not a word about the insurrection -- except letter complaining at the unfairness of Big Tech shutting down what “it considers problematic speech” when not shutting down, o, MSNBC I guess?

This nation desperately needs a national de-programming program.

Wait, people still read the news paper?

5 minutes ago, sifth said:

Wait, people still read the news paper?

Obviously.  I read many myself every day, not all of them from the USA.

DC is now fully locking down on Jan 13, rather than Jan 19, in preparation for the inauguration. https://www.axios.com/dc-lockdown-biden-inauguration-national-guard-f5a40a69-4cc8-4861-84fe-1ea047ff3f3d.html

Basically all of downtown DC is going to be a militarized zone starting on Wednesday; with over 15,000 National Guard troops now, and a completely unknown number of police and federal agents.

3 minutes ago, Relic said:

This is weird...

For this to be true, he would have to have resigned, because his term would not end if the 25th was invoked. Reagan's and George W. Bush's terms did not "end" and then "begin" again when the 25th was briefly invoked while they were under anesthesia and their Vice Presidents were Acting President. 

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

For this to be true, he would have to have resigned, because his term would not end if the 25th was invoked. Reagan's and George W. Bush's terms did not "end" and then "begin" again when the 25th was briefly invoked while they were under anesthesia and their Vice Presidents were Acting President. 

Or he's firing Pence, as the Q loonies predicted :P Or (more likely), I've been spending too much time on Twitter

Edited by Relic

Even if this "Trump's term ends 1/11" thing was true, why would the Secretary of State website have that information before anyone else?  It's not like anyone in the Trump WH can keep a secret - this would leak within 30 seconds of the first person he told. 

It's nothing, just accept that it's nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Even if this "Trump's term ends 1/11" thing was true, why would the Secretary of State website have that information before anyone else?  It's not like anyone in the Trump WH can keep a secret - this would leak within 30 seconds of the first person he told. 

It's nothing, just accept that it's nothing. 

I assumed that it was just a typo or troll because that's just about the stupidest and most pathetic signal that a US Presidential administration has ended, and upon realising that it actually became much more plausible to me