What do you think are your favorite characters's biggest flaws?

Alyn Oakenfist

5 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:
7 hours ago, Ewan McGregor said:

Your just as much a hater as they are.

I don't think I hate anyone, care to explain?

edit: *I don't hate anyone in this forum (or any of the characters, 'cause you know, they aren't real)

Mate, you yourself said told us best, leave him be. They're funny to read or maybe to throw a sarcastic reply if you're in the mood for that, but other than that ignore them. Or he. Or she. Or it.

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Mate, you yourself said told us best, leave him be. They're funny to read or maybe to throw a sarcastic reply if you're in the mood for that, but other than that ignore them. Or he. Or she. Or it.

Maybe, I don't know. I genuinely want to know what he thinks, how, even tho I always treated him perfectly polite, he thinks I'm a 'hater'.

But yeah, maybe if we ignore all this toxicity the forum can go back to the great place @kissdbyfire and I where saying it was a few months back. I hope.

16 hours ago, Wall Flower said:

C'mon, without Quora I would never have learned that Dany and Meghan Markle are the epitome of evil ( with Sansa and Kate being the epitome of feminine goodness and perfection I guess).

Along with Amber Heard.

15 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It is very sad indeed. But not surprising in the least as I agree there seems to be  a part of this forum that can't deal with the fact that other people like a different character than they do.  It has been this way for years.

I feel like there wasn't this much outright bullying though. It'll be interesting to see how it will affect the forums once more people start returning, once TWOW is released. Will the increased usership be a moderating force or will the bullies radicalized them?

Anyway, like I said, I'm mostly using reddit to get my asoiaf fix now.

3 hours ago, Ewan McGregor said:

Hopefully all the Dany haters will have the decency to dissapear

I. A. M.     R. E. S. T. R. A. I. N. I. N. G.    M. Y. S. E. L. F

It goes both ways, hypocrisy of hypocrisy 

All the Dany fanatic Stark hating SPAM ACCOUNTS pls have the decency to dissapparate (blame jk Rowling) 

53 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

I. A. M.     R. E. S. T. R. A. I. N. I. N. G.    M. Y. S. E. L. F

By the way you're saying it it looks like you're restraining yourself with a straight jacket and some hefty tranquilizers. And it's still not enough :)))))

20 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

By the way you're saying it it looks like you're restraining yourself with a straight jacket and some hefty tranquilizers. And it's still not enough :)))))

Just going easy on the caffeine, filter coffee 

On 1/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean, it's hard when many of the old guard, including @kissdbyfire, are suddenly MIA

Whoa! Hold the bus, my friend!  @kissdbyfire was posting here long before I showed up.    I've taken several leaves of absence from here.   The same old thing gets boring and then there is always life that distracts a person from engaging.  (I hope she gets a huge kick out of all the shout outs when she comes back).  We have our avatars and silly names and conversations and generally enjoy ourselves.  We are supposed to enjoy ourselves.  I was gone for about year and come back to find posters I began chatting with in this forum have become mods on youtube now.  ASOAIF is a journey and it isn't a story you can read once and have all the answers.   It takes time and effort to understand and absorb.  If you end up with an amazing job that has you traveling around the world, or your car breaks down or parent dies or illness strikes you won't always have the time and attention required to participate in the adventure.  I just got a new job so I post on the weekend instead of daily.   Even a small thing like that can tweak your forum time.  

Mate, we cannot assume anyone's reasons for going MIA.   We can only rejoice in their return to the conversations.   In the interim, many of the "old guard" remain such as @Lord Varys, @John Suburbs, @Mithras, @LynnS @ravenous reader, @sweetsunray and @Wizz-The-Smith, to name only a few whom we have come to respect and admire for their knowledge and perspectives.  Sorry, didn't mean to make them sound like old gods!  @LongRider &@hiemal just resurfaced from too long absences.  Our new members have a great deal to offer, too.  It's gaining everyone's interest and encouraging conversation that keeps the forum interesting.   As you and many others are doing in creating topics to begin conversations.   

Don't assume boredom or dissatisfaction so long as there is life to get in the way of a good debate.  

25 minutes ago, LynnS said:

Covid lockdown and curfew along with long hours of winter darkness... it's tiring for some reason.  I feel like I'm hibernating.

I hoped you would recognize some of your situation above and here you come with maybe the 2nd biggest reason for absence here, the plague.  So long as you know your place at the table will always be reserved here.  

5 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

Don't assume boredom or dissatisfaction so long as there is life to get in the way of a good debate.  

Hi Curled Finger.  :)

Yes, moving house and simply less time than I used to have has restricted my involvement in the fandom. I've enjoyed a bit more free time recently so I've been able to get a bit more involved, which I've thoroughly enjoyed. 

There are also so many options for us in the fandom to choose from. Whether it be the many, many different asoiaf forums out there, YouTube, Twitter etc. While there is good conversation (as there always is on this forum) people will find their way back in time. Especially as Winds draws closer.  :D

Archived