What do you think are your favorite characters's biggest flaws?

Alyn Oakenfist

3 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

I agree with @Hodor the Articulate, and I have ben saying it for a long time @TheLastWolf @Alyn Oakenfist it seems like most of the time you are provoking them, mocking them, attacking them. Yes, I argue with them often, but always rationally. Bringing them up when there's no need, and mocking them in forums where they aren't even mentioned, that only adds more toxicity. 

Us most of the time. Them all the time. I and Alyn post about other issues too, even in miscellaneous, but they don't post anything that doesn't have Stark hatred, Dany fanaticism in it. 

They meaning the 900+ accounts 

10 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Us most of the time. Them all the time. I and Alyn post about other issues too, even in miscellaneous, but they don't post anything that doesn't have Stark hatred, Dany fanaticism in it. 

They meaning the 900+ accounts 

Yes, I agrre, but why add to the dumpster fire? Why add to the toxicity? Remember how this started? With a few guys calling everyone, me included, a Stark hater, I made that post and you stopped that. Now it's similar but with Dany fanatics.Everything is an excuse to criticize them,t mock them, to attack them. And as often as not is out of the blue. Give it a rest.

1 minute ago, CamiloRP said:

Yes, I agrre, but why add to the dumpster fire? Why add to the toxicity? Remember how this started? With a few guys calling everyone, me included, a Stark hater, I made that post and you stopped that. Now it's similar but with Dany fanatics.Everything is an excuse to criticize them,t mock them, to attack them. And as often as not is out of the blue. Give it a rest.

Thanks Cam!

I'll try my best to ignore the bullshit but I'm not sure if I can restrain if things get to extreme levels. That said, I can tell when spammers read this and provoke me intentionally. 

Alyn too, I urge you to save our time and energy 

5 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Yes, I try too, but like you I can't help myself too often. That and I find the 900 accounts hilarious with the stuff they spew out. It's so lacking in self awareness.

Then again, I think when was the last time I talked about my favorite character, Jaime, and realize the problems

26 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Thanks Cam!

I'll try my best to ignore the bullshit but I'm not sure if I can restrain if things get to extreme levels. That said, I can tell when spammers read this and provoke me intentionally. 

22 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yes, I try too, but like you I can't help myself too often. That and I find the 900 accounts hilarious with the stuff they spew out. It's so lacking in self awareness.

Then again, I think when was the last time I talked about my favorite character, Jaime, and realize the problems

There's no problem, we all slip up, the important thing is realizing it and stopping. 

I'm only on page 2 of the thread, but I wanted to comment on a previous comment regarding Davos and Barristan Selmy.

I would put both characters in the same boat a far as their greatest weakness - their loyalty.

I don't understand their blind loyalty.

But I will say this: it is because of Davos' loyalty (and his desire for truth and justice) that makes him who he is. And that is why he is willing to face the dungeon when he speaks to Stannis. For whatever reason he loves Stannis and is loyal to him (perhaps because Stannis took his fingertips instead of hanging him as a law-breaking commoner [AND he knighted him]).

With Selmy, you have essentially the same character, but he is loyal to a fault. And he is now in fact regretting some of that "loyalty".

Sorry to have butted in without reading the whole thread yet, but those were my most immediate thoughts on those 2 characters.

4 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Well, you're the spammer now. Nobody can say a single slightly negative thing about the Starks or something slightly positive about Dany without you getting all offended.

Slightly negative :closedeyes: we wish! Absurdly hateful & negative and people are sick of it. 

35 minutes ago, MissM said:

Slightly negative :closedeyes: we wish! Absurdly hateful & negative and people are sick of it. 

:agree:

30 minutes ago, Ewan McGregor said:

Your the haters and spammers, you just  don't know it yet.  You need to stop with the irrational hatred

THE FRICKING HYPOCRISY!!!! 

Spoiler

And it's my line B) :cool4: :hat:

The end 

6 hours ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

The general asoiaf forum has been rather unpleasant lately. Not that it's ever been rainbows and unicorns, but at least real people weren't getting mocked every second post. And all because what... they liked a fictional character you hate or insulted a fictional character you like?

I can't believe r/asoiaf is the less toxic part of the fandom now.

It is very sad indeed. But not surprising in the least as I agree there seems to be  a part of this forum that can't deal with the fact that other people like a different character than they do.  It has been this way for years.

Ned Stark: too trusting. He trusts Catelyn's judgement on whether or not to trust Littlefinger, blindly agrees to two betrothals without thought of compatibility (suggesting Robert and Lyanna to his father and agreeing to Joffrey and Sansa without a thought to ask what Joffrey's like), and thinks that Cersei won't try to hold onto power for the sake of her children.

7 hours ago, Ewan McGregor said:

Your just as much a hater as they are.

I don't think I hate anyone, care to explain?

edit: *I don't hate anyone in this forum (or any of the characters, 'cause you know, they aren't real)

Archived