Just A...What If..

What if Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark were with Brandon at King’s Landing. If the two were apart of Brandon’s wedding party, along with Rickard, and rode together towards KL.  They storm the tower kill the Princess and her children. Brandon and Rickard do the ordeal by fire. Rickard died Brandon horribly burnt. Robert, Brandon, and Ned sent to the wall. Instead they or some rebel. 
    Was just thinking of the brothers the Mountain and Hound. Mountain is strong like Robert was reportedly. That horrible burn on the Hounds face. If ya got bone showing from your burn wounds ya gotta be dead, right?

Anyone else have a what if...? scenario? 
What if? What may? How could?

OP- I think the Mad King would have killed them. He clearly identifies them as his enemies and if they’re in his clutches this is likely what would happen.

Okay - What if Dany actually loved Jorah?

- Also, narrow the age difference while we’re at it as well because it adds nothing.

- I must point out that Dany says she wishes she loved him more than she did so consider this “what if” being her wish getting granted. After all she does think of him as a better brother than Viserys and is a Targaryen after all.

- She wouldn’t have exiled Jorah so wouldn’t be alone in ADWD which sends her on a spiral because she feels so paranoid and isolated. Meaning she doesn’t decide to be a conqueror and go all Fire n Blood. The important point is not him solving all Danys problems in Mereen it’s that her Bear is there for her during that time. I mean first and last ADWD chapters with Dany is her missing Jorah. This is kind of a butterfly effect thing.

- Since her moon blood seems to have come back, well very soon we could have an heir with Northern Blood; who’d have thought. I guess the Northerners can’t really complain about their interests not being taken seriously by the outlanders anymore if one of them is on the throne. 

- If Danys going to have an image problem with the Usurpers Dogs Nobility. She kind of just married one. He fought at the Trident. He was Knighted by Rob Baratheon; you cant get much more Usurpers Dog than that. Clearly she’s willing to pardon everyone and not out for vengeance. It proves she isn’t her fathers daughter.

- She doesn’t end up falling in love with Jon and dying. It’s very unfortunate if the only man you fall in love with turns out to be your nephew.

- It would do wonders for Danys image with the common people. George establishes that The Bear and Maiden Fair is an incredibly popular song that everybody gets. People would absolutely make that association. Oh he’s from Bear Island and she’s from Dragon Island. That would temper the “she’s going to kill us with dragons” image they might get otherwise. Because there’s such a big Gulf in rank people would more readily accept its because of love than a political marriage.

- Again with the image thing. If the Targaryens are known for “the dragon does not mate with beasts of the forest” then it’s a pretty major departure if Dany chooses somebody as far away from her brother. This is obviously one of the good Targaryens. I mean she even says Jorahs been a better brother to her than Viserys ever was so she’s not losing out. Whereas, marrying your nephew....sends a bad message to people still paranoid about mad Targaryens.

I am not saying it solves all of Danys problems but...yeah. 

29 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

The Bear and Maiden Fair is an incredibly popular song that everybody gets. People would absolutely make that association. Oh he’s from Bear Island and she’s from Dragon Island. That would temper the “she’s going to kill us with dragons” image they might get

Nice. I never thought of the political advantages  the song could bring to a couple. 

35 minutes ago, Tyrion1991 said:

she’s going to kill us with dragons” i

Makes me imagine. 
“Nope I’m gonna do it with winged bears!” 
 :D 

1 hour ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Eddard Stark is the cool and calm person in the room.  His calming presence may be enough to keep Robert and Brandon under control.  Brandon will not be allowed to take the black under your conditions.  All the men involved in the murder of Elia and her children will be sous vide in public. 

Oh yea, no salvation for anyone involved in such thing. Just kinda like what if the rebellion wasn't as pretty or mad king was justified. Total hypothetical.

Brandon left to join his father'swedding party, coming down from the north.[18] They were on their way again back to Riverrun for the wedding when word reached Brandon of Lyanna's supposed abduction by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen.[19]Brandon, along with his squire Ethan Glover, Kyle Royce, Elbert Arryn, and Jeffory Mallister, rode to King's Landing immediately
     Brandon yells for Rheagar to “come out and die!”

So the story is..

Brandon leaves RR. Travels to meet his father’s wedding group. Travels back towards RR with group? Hears of abduction. Takes off for KL. Arrives with 4 men and a squire. 

Who was his father to merry? 

If you intend to challenge a prince would you   not go with 7 men instead of 5? If Brandon was with a Northern Lord’s wedding group would not a lot more men have accompanied him? Or try to stop him?

Brandon is quoted as “come out and die” threat or warning?

Tyrosh,[24] and the city's craftsmen design gilded helms and filigreed armor.[23] The fantastic helmets can be shaped like birds and animals and are chased with precious metals.

A leash for a wolf well heeled and hounded by his past. Strangled by metal hands, a choker.

Just looking at what is not written and trying to see what fits. Unless we except Brandon and his 5 companions rode for weeks to KL without a second thought. The only plan was for 5 men and a squire to violently storm a heavily defended castle screaming “come out and die”. Is Brandon stupid? Or are we for believing such a tale? A rabidly violent brother saving his sister from abduction? A heroic knight saves kingdom and all from a mad king?

On 1/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, Fool Stands On Giant’s Toe said:

What if Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark were with Brandon at King’s Landing. If the two were apart of Brandon’s wedding party, along with Rickard, and rode together towards KL.  They storm the tower kill the Princess and her children. Brandon and Rickard do the ordeal by fire. Rickard died Brandon horribly burnt. Robert, Brandon, and Ned sent to the wall. Instead they or some rebel. 
    Was just thinking of the brothers the Mountain and Hound. Mountain is strong like Robert was reportedly. That horrible burn on the Hounds face. If ya got bone showing from your burn wounds ya gotta be dead, right?

Anyone else have a what if...? scenario? 
What if? What may? How could?

I'm not sure I understand. Why would Ned and Robert kill Elia and the children at this point? What have they done?

13 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

I'm not sure I understand. Why would Ned and Robert kill Elia and the children at this point? What have they done?

Just a “what if” scenario. The story told to us about the events around the rebellion do not make sense to me. So I’m just having a baseless speculation that makes more sense to me. Maybe the helm that the Mountain wears has an influence upon him like the helm the Hound wears? A fist shooting skyward. Maybe the fist represents the hand of the king? The Kings Hand and Hound? Any who wear these Helms become under the command of someone else?
     All this has no evidence of being anywhere near accurate. I just can’t take the tale of the rebellion at face value. I just find the similarities between Gregor and Robert a bit too coincidental. A hammer most men can’t pick up, let alone wield one handed by Robert, and a great sword over 6 feet wielded one handed by Gregor. 

Archived