Star Wars: Ahsoka - How will turn out?

Daeron the Daring

5 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Wait, isn't she at the wheel at the Obi-Wan series?

In title yes, but that's the same for Mandalorian.  Again though I have no idea how true this is but it comes from sources who have gotten things right like for example had Christenson being in Obi Wan last February and various things about Mandalorian.

18 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

In title yes, but that's the same for Mandalorian.  Again though I have no idea how true this is but it comes from sources who have gotten things right like for example had Christenson being in Obi Wan last February and various things about Mandalorian.

Well, I read somewhere that the Obi-Wan series are delayed because Kathleen did not like the script, or something.

18 hours ago, RumHam said:

More "wishful thinking from youtubers" than actual rumors. Nobody remotely credible is saying this is going to happen. 

I don't even know what "the veil of the force" is. I assume they mean the "world between worlds" but it seems like they just made up a new name for it. 

You say that, but Trek did this as well for the Abrams films and Code Geass is doing it right now, for it's third anime.

It's basically become the have your cake and eat it too card, studios are suddenly picking up on.

Heck the Final Fantasy series is doing that right now, for one of it's most popular video games.

46 minutes ago, sifth said:

You say that, but Trek did this as well for the Abrams films and Code Geass is doing it right now, for it's third anime.

It's basically become the have your cake and eat it too card, studios are suddenly picking up on.

Heck the Final Fantasy series is doing that right now, for one of it's most popular video games.

I think doing an alternate universe story is a bit different than "palpatine waves his hand and erases the sequel trilogy" My main point is that this guy isn't hearing rumors from well placed sources, he's making shit up that he wishes would happen. 

I hope Star Wars does a What If..? show like they're doing for Marvel. But they're not going to redo the sequel trilogy or claim that the Disney+ shows are in an alternate reality.  

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think doing an alternate universe story is a bit different than "palpatine waves his hand and erases the sequel trilogy" My main point is that this guy isn't hearing rumors from well placed sources, he's making shit up that he wishes would happen. 

I hope Star Wars does a What If..? show like they're doing for Marvel. But they're not going to redo the sequel trilogy or claim that the Disney+ shows are in an alternate reality.  

Just saying, it's not beyond the scope of reason, since I've seen it done more often then not and particularly when a brand reaches a creative dead end.

Also I doubt Disney would out right say "the sequel trilogy never happened", they'd just say "it happened, but in another reality". Come to think of it, I think Jojo's Bizarre Adventure eventually did this as well.

I honestly don't care either way, so long as Dave Filoni keeps making shows, I'm happy. Ahsoka is my favorite Star Wars character and Roasio Dawson is awesome. I wish she was the main character of the sequel trilogy to be honest. Not enough shows or movies have an alien for their main character.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Also I doubt Disney would out right say "the sequel trilogy never happened", they'd just say "it happened, but in another reality". Come to think of it, I think Jojo's Bizarre Adventure eventually did this as well.

They've got one shot. They missed. That was it.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I would absolutely love a what if Star Wars show.  Make it happen.

3 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I would absolutely love a what if Star Wars show.  Make it happen.

rebels spoilers:

I've mentioned this before but I'd love to see what would have happened if Maul beat Obi-wan the second time and then deduced why he was there and found Luke.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

rebels spoilers:

Hide contents

I've mentioned this before but I'd love to see what would have happened if Maul beat Obi-wan the second time and then deduced why he was there and found Luke.

Doesn't he essentially deduce already why Obi Wan is there?  But yeah that would be interesting given how he still wants to stop Sidius in Clone Wars. Theres the obvious ones too like if Luke and Leia were switched.  Or if Anakin didn't turn would it have made any difference? (I say no)  Or if Rose wasn't bizarrely in love with Finn  would finn ramming the Battering ram gun have given the Resistance time to flee so that Luke didn't have to sacrifice himself for the exact same thing?

8 minutes ago, Slurktan said:
Spoiler

Doesn't he essentially deduce already why Obi Wan is there?

Spoiler

Yeah I loved that death scene:  "Tell me, is he the chosen one?"  "He is."  "He..Will..Avenge Us."  Definitely a great what if idea.

On 1/12/2021 at 1:10 AM, RumHam said:

That may be true, but it's not what this doofus is talking about. I'm not about to watch his video so I'm basing my understanding of his made up rumor on this article:

The Disney 'Star Wars' Reset Rumors Are Completely Insane

Except it's ...not called that? It's called the world between worlds. The whole thing is just ridiculous

As far as I can tell he's just making that up whole cloth. There's nothing on the internet about a room of mirrors on the death star. Ezra prevents him from using the world between worlds on rebels. 

I love this part about the "civil-way" between the president of lucasfilm and the guy who hasn't worked there for years. 

Ha. I remember when the Prequel Trilogy was going to taken out of canon and Disney were planning to re-shoot the entire Prequel Trilogy with new, better directors and bleh bleh bleh.

Didn't happen.

Instead we'll probably get a Sequel Sequel Trilogy in another 15 years that will divide the fans, and there'll be a bunch of people saying the Sequel Trilogy is fine and underrated and other people saying they weren't keen on the ST but then Filoni produced an animated show which retrospectively made it work better.

And the circle will be complete.

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Ha. I remember when the Prequel Trilogy was going to taken out of canon and Disney were planning to re-shoot the entire Prequel Trilogy with new, better directors and bleh bleh bleh.

Didn't happen.

Instead we'll probably get a Sequel Sequel Trilogy in another 15 years that will divide the fans, and there'll be a bunch of people saying the Sequel Trilogy is fine and underrated and other people saying they weren't keen on the ST but then Filoni produced an animated show which retrospectively made it work better.

To be fair, Dave Filoni's work, is like the only good thing to come out of the prequels. If the man can fix the sequels, he'd be a true miracle maker.

17 hours ago, RumHam said:

rebels spoilers:

Hide contents

Wait, you think the guy that got, er, sliced in half won the first fight?

11 hours ago, Werthead said:

Didn't happen.

Possibly.  The prequel thing was interesting, Disney did try to bury them, for a while there was nothing with even a hint of being related to the prequels (including Fantasy Flight saying they were not allowed to add anything related to the prequels into its games) but then there was a groundswell of fan stuff and as always Disney wants to make money and so relented. Whether or not there will be a groundswell for sequel trilogy fans remains to be seen.  As for a sequel sequel, I would highly doubt it.  I'd guess it would be far more likely to remake the OT, PT, and ST before that happens.  As has been noted above, the ST kind of closes things.

41 minutes ago, sifth said:

Sabine Wren will apparently be showing up on this series.

Yea, the Rebels animated spin-off is cancelled, and its story will play out in Ahsoka, that's confirmed. Still, what will come afterwards? I live Filoni, obviously he gives the actual story to the Mandalorian too. But I am really afraid he will fail after "The Finding Ezra Story". I wish I'm wrong, tho.

Archived