Star Wars: Ahsoka - How will turn out?

Daeron the Daring

4 hours ago, Vaughn said:

Wait, you think the guy that got, er, sliced in half won the first fight?

He made a tactical retreat down that shaft and that later re-emerged and killed what's her name!

No, I realized after I posted that Maul and Obi-Wan had fought a bunch of times on The Clone Wars but didn't bother to go back and edit. I was thinking of the final time as the second time for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Maltaran said:

She’s about 10 years older than Sabine would be (assuming this is going to be set at the same time as Mandalorian).

Eh, Obi-wan aged like 40 years in 20. Old guys get to play younger men all the time, this is a non-issue.

You really think she looks that much older than she did in say the Vampire Diaries?

6 minutes ago, sifth said:

I do wonder why she wasn't cast, to be honest; since Disney were fine with Sackhoff playing Bo-Katan.

Eckstein doesn't have anywhere near the level of live-action experience as Sackhoff, and Dawson was geek-friendly celebrity casting that got them a lot of attention (which kind of backfired with the whole transphobia thing, although Dawson distanced herself from that situation afterwards).

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Eckstein doesn't have anywhere near the level of live-action experience as Sackhoff, and Dawson was geek-friendly celebrity casting that got them a lot of attention (which kind of backfired with the whole transphobia thing, although Dawson distanced herself from that situation afterwards).

Having seen the whole thing with Dawson blow up I have apparently missed how she distanced herself from it afterwards. I don't really want to depress myself by searching for it and probably getting a bunch of stuff from when it blew up, don't suppose you have a link to explain that or are able to do a quick summary?

I guess Gina Carano also took plenty of heat onto herself on that particular issue as a much more problematic figure anyway.

22 hours ago, sifth said:

I do wonder why she wasn't cast, to be honest; since Disney were fine with Sackhoff playing Bo-Katan.

I’m not sure if we’re all avoiding the obvious here, but ... skin tone? Aside from the uproar of casting a white person in an ethnic role (OK, Ahsoka’s actual ethnicity is fictional but she clearly isn’t white), she just doesn’t look like Ahsoka. Dawson does, so she got the job.

Tiya Sircar doesn’t look like Sabine either, although Sabine is much more cartoonish so it’ll be hard to actually match someone to that look. 

14 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

I’m not sure if we’re all avoiding the obvious here, but ... skin tone? Aside from the uproar of casting a white person in an ethnic role (OK, Ahsoka’s actual ethnicity is fictional but she clearly isn’t white), she just doesn’t look like Ahsoka. Dawson does, so she got the job.

Tiya Sircar doesn’t look like Sabine either, although Sabine is much more cartoonish so it’ll be hard to actually match someone to that look. 

Skin Tone? She's an alien for crying out loud. That's like complaining about the skin color of an actor playing a Klingon or Cardassian on Star Trek, lol

Just now, sifth said:

Skin Tone? She's an alien for crying out loud. That's like complaining on the skin color of an actor playing a Klingon or Cardassian on Star Trek, lol

Klingons are played by black actors mostly, and were fairly blatant blackface in the Original series. And Cardassians are all made up to have the same light grey skin. But I’m going to guess your not advocating for applying makeup to Ashley Eckstein to darken her skin tone?

20 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Klingons are played by black actors mostly, and were fairly blatant blackface in the Original series. And Cardassians are all made up to have the same light grey skin. But I’m going to guess your not advocating for applying makeup to Ashley Eckstein to darken her skin tone?

Yea, that's not true, there have been a lot of Klingons played by white actors in TNG and beyond and a handful of of black actors who have played Cardassians. Darken her skin tone? Ahsoka is orange for crying out loud, since when has orange been a dark color? Again your logic makes no sense to me.

9 hours ago, sifth said:

Ahsoka is orange

Huh. OK, I’ll cop to this being a colour blind mix up. I’ve always perceived her being a kind of light brown, it’d never occurred to me she was orange. I’m agreeing with you all, in a round about way. I just thought the thread was going for some super woke “Imma moan about her slightly crinkly lekku but I don’t care if she’s black or white”. I still think there’s a discussion to be had on how aliens can be any colour played by anyone ... except those colours. Klingons, I guess, have been deemed to have enough prosthetics on their foreheads that it doesn’t count as blackface anymore. How much do you need? Was that a factor in the Discovery changes?

Genuine question, given my vision: how different are Sabine’s and Sircar’s skin colour?

29 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Genuine question, given my vision: how different are Sabine’s and Sircar’s skin colour?

A quick Google image search suggests Sabine is paler than Sircar, but in my opinion it's a small enough difference that could be ignored if Disney wanted to cast her.

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

How much do you need? Was that a factor in the Discovery changes?

Don't even get me started about how angry I was with how the Klingons were changed and treated on Discovery; in season 1 in particular. They don't even look like Klingons anymore and more like orcs from The Lord of the Rings movies.

Can't answer your second question, since I just started Rebels yesterday, lol

Given how Sabine's character - and her family - is portrayed in Rebels, she always struck me as Asian if we're gonna do a real world equivalent.  Albeit closer to Japan/China/Korean descent as opposed to Sircar's Indian descent.

Sircar does get bonus points for me because she was apparently in Sarah Connor Chronicles.  I do not remember her in that.  Clearly, the gods are telling me it's time for a rewatch.

On Ahsoka, have to say her coloring always seemed more brownish-orange than just purely orange to me.  But whatever it's a fucking cartoon.

46 minutes ago, DMC said:

Given how Sabine's character - and her family - is portrayed in Rebels, she always struck me as Asian if we're gonna do a real world equivalent.  Albeit closer to Japan/China/Korean descent as opposed to Sircar's Indian descent.

Her brother and mother were also Indian voice actors, the father was Japanese.

1 minute ago, Maltaran said:

Her brother and mother were also Indian voice actors, the father was Japanese.

Again, I'm talking based on how they were portrayed, not on who their voice actors were.

Archived