US Politics: Nine Days in January

Fragile Bird

I am not surprised to hear that one of the inside job congress-people was Paul Gosar (R) from Arizona. 

His siblings and family have made repeated statements to the press here in Arizona that he is "not right", implying some sort of disability or degenerative disease.  The Fourth District he represents is one gerrymandered to be, uh, I am not sure how to express it.  Gerrymandered.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/politics/paul-gosar-siblings-ad/index.html

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

We did surveillance and arrest of insurrectionsts during the War of the Rebellion, declared Matial Law in many places, suspended habeas corpus, and shut down newspapers that openly supported the southern insurrectionists, soliciting all sorts of aid and assistance as well as encouraging them kill Union figures, and  the southern supporters were expelled from Congress and the Senate. They weren't impeached. They were expelled. And so should he.  Expelled for sedition and treason.  All backed by the Union military.

Don't keep trying to fool yourselves. This is war.  It's been going on in many forms for a very long time.  But now we have it violently out in the open they are seeking to take over all of it, just as as back in 1861 with the take-over of Fort Sumter.

Most Dixiecrats in congress from south gave up their seats in congress with secession.

Biden and the Democrats cannot just unilaterally expel a significant portion of Republicans in congress.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Well, dude did crack his head open on a reef when we were kids, so perhaps that had something to do with. Although there may be a genetic component; his brother is a prepper who literally lives in a shipping container on a piece of swampland in eastern Texas.

You know all the best people... :P

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Folks, just because MoscowMitch leaks he likes impeachment, doesn't mean he'll vote for it.

This is Mitch playing his 4-D chess to get Trump to simply resign...you know, rather than walking over there to the WH and telling him he needs to resign...

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Just think about what Michael Cohen said about the way Trump always operated, telling people just to go and look after things, the nudge-nudge wink-wink school of doing things.   

Exactly, he’s going to avoid getting his hands dirty to the point where he will definitely be found accountable if he fails. Terrible trait in a president of the United States, but I think that we are lucky for that in this instance.

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pat, I would like to buy an "if."

Ah, thanks.  Honestly was confused.  Anyway, yeah, I honestly don't see what else would be his ulterior motive.  I guess maybe to get back at Trump for being mean or racist to his wife.  Could see that.

Another nice ID done: US Olympic gold medallist Klete Keller was recognized by former teammates and coaches as a participant on Jan. 6th because he stood out by his size and...he wore his US Olympic team jacket with U.S.A. written across the back. Nice.

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Another nice ID done: US Olympic gold medallist Klete Keller was recognized by former teammates and coaches as a participant on Jan. 6th because he stood out by his size and...he wore his US Olympic team jacket with U.S.A. written across the back.

Obviously, his punishment should be he has to give his medal to Bill Belichick.

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's no way they'd get the VP alive that far off Capitol grounds for them to hang him there. They were talking about hanging him from a tree outside the building. 

Regardless, we can be thankful that the best and brightest were not the masterminds of this. But that does leave open the horrifying door of what if they were, and had an intelligent President in charge.....

I got the distinct vibe from the ones in the Senate that any others they caught were going to be "execution broadcast on the internet" style on the floor of the Senate chamber, Pence was going to get special treatment.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ah, thanks.  Honestly was confused.  Anyway, yeah, I honestly don't see what else would be his ulterior motive.  I guess maybe to get back at Trump for being mean or racist to his wife.  Could see that.

Putting his life in danger should be an obvious answer. We shouldn't forget, a brave CPO risked his life to help save a chamber that had the VP, VP-E, Majority and Minority Leaders, as well as every Senator present on the floor. 

16 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Most Dixiecrats in congress from south gave up their seats in congress with secession.

But once it was war they were and this is war.  That's their term for it by the way -- war.  So?

4 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I got the distinct vibe from the ones in the Senate that any others they caught were going to be "execution broadcast on the internet" style on the floor of the Senate chamber, Pence was going to get special treatment.

All I can say is that as someone who has worked for a sitting Senator, my mind went to the worst places possible if security was overrun. 

26 minutes ago, S John said:

rump himself is a fucking pussy.

How then explain how it got to this, outright war? Because he and they use that persona and others, like the cosplay etc. on the 6th, as disguises, beards, etc. behind which they have never stopped for a second relentlessly take over the government and the nation for themselves, not even parties.  There are no parties in their world view -- just us and everyone else who must bend to our will.

Got to stop this, please!  They are a lot smarter than you think, and insisting they are totally stupid and incompetent, and just laughing at them proves it.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Wouldn't describe that as an ulterior motive.

Motive implies the semblance of a plan. I can't in good faith say Trump has the cognitive bandwidth to do so. He makes Colonel Kurtz look like the height of sanity.

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How then explain how it got to this, outright war? Because he and they use that persona and others, like the cosplay etc. on the 6th, as disguises, beards, etc. behind which they have never stopped for a second relentlessly take over the government and the nation for themselves, not even parties.  There are no parties in their world view -- just us and everyone else who must bend to our will.

Got to stop this, please!  They are a lot smarter than you think, and insisting they are totally stupid and incompetent, and just laughing at them proves it.

A smart leader with this kind of following would have succeeded in this coup. He’s a fucking dumbass

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Motive implies the semblance of a plan. I can't in good faith say Trump has the cognitive bandwidth to do so. He makes Colonel Kurtz look like the height of sanity.

Sure, I meant an ulterior motive for McConnell wanting to convict Trump.  The fact Trump put MCs' lives in danger is, like, the explicit article of impeachment.  That's not ulterior.

Archived