Sign in to follow this  
Soylent Brown

US Politics: Millions Of Impeaches, Impeaches For Me

1 minute ago, Myshkin said:

Oh for sure. I’m just saying that the devolution of Elon Musk over the past few years has been a bizarre drama to follow, and him ultimately becoming a hero of the Trump cult is one of the weirder heel turns in recent memory.

Eh, I dunno really. Trump and Musk both have one, very similar thing in common: they inspire a cult-like following amongst their supporters. People who think they can do no wrong and will support them no matter what shitty, stupid thing they do. So the fact that a bunch of brainwashed Trumpists might find another messiah in Musk and start clinging onto his every word and deifying him is not surprising. Cults gotta cult, bro!

Also, Musk has a pretty tough couple of years amongst the Left and left-leaning liberals. His reputation amongst 'the Left' has pretty much tanked so there might be an element of the Trumpist Cult that likes him simply because he makes the libs mad.

I'd argue that unlike Trump, Musk's efforts are generally dedicated to positive ends - alternative energy, electric cars, space travel, support of science, acknowledgment of global warming.  Badly flawed but at least attempting to 'build a better world.'   

Yeah, that is true, but like Trump, I get the impression that Musk overvalues his own greatness, butting his head into topics that his 'genius' does not cover. He's also a bit of big-mouthed, thin-skinned asshole, much like Trump.

I do think he has the potential to do a lot more good for the world than harm, I wish he would just shut the fuck up most of the time and try not being some wondrous renaissance man when he is very, very much not.

1 minute ago, Durckad said:

Yeah, that is true, but like Trump, I get the impression that Musk overvalues his own greatness, butting his head into topics that his 'genius' does not cover. He's also a bit of big-mouthed, thin-skinned asshole, much like Trump.

I do think he has the potential to do a lot more good for the world than harm, I wish he would just shut the fuck up most of the time and try not being some wondrous renaissance man when he is very, very much not.

Remember the cave rescue?

Elon Musk really is a genius with vision. Trumps only vision is rich 1% ers and brutality to those opposed.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Isn't that the sign of Boogaloo or Proud Boys or some other militant/armed seditious group? that 'ok' with the fingers?

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Yes, that was the point... Could still be a weird coincidence...

I thought that if a Proud Boy was giving the "ok" sign with the fingers, that it's really a "w.p." sign, as in "white power".

34 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Elon Musk really is a genius with vision. Trumps only vision is rich 1% ers and brutality to those opposed.

Elon Musk is not a genius, he's just rich and juuust smart enough to employ geniuses, and sometimes throws enough of those geniuses in the right direction that it solves a problem.

He's also a massive arsehole whose main aim in life is not to save the world but to be seen saving the world, which is why when someone suggests that something he's done might not be in that moment heroic he reacts like a petulant but very dangerous child. Remember what he did to the guy who said his little sub won't work?

Basically his whole life is built around wanting to be Tony Stark.

Fuck Elon Musk.

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

First time in history a president has been impeached twice, and for reasons passing understanding we're talking about Elon Musk.

What, are people only allowed to think about one thing at a time? Is talking about Elon Musk somehow gonna unimpeach Trump?

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

What, are people only allowed to think about one thing at a time? Is talking about Elon Musk somehow gonna unimpeach Trump?

One never knows...2021 hasn't exactly been much different than 2020 in these first 13 days...just saying... 

20 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

You probably just triggered the Lizard People uprising, jackass.

13 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

One never knows...2021 hasn't exactly been much different than 2020 in these first 13 days...just saying... 

Well, 2021 has one less Sheldon Adelson, so that is already an improvement over 2020, not wanting to jinx it, twitler's reign of error is coming to an end. Vaccines are here. So the outlook is somewhat more optimistic.

14 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

My comment was meant to be light hearted.

41 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Elon Musk is not a genius, he's just rich and juuust smart enough to employ geniuses, and sometimes throws enough of those geniuses in the right direction that it solves a problem.

He wasn't born rich and he's at least capable of understanding what the people working for him do -- both at Tesla and at SpaceX. It's true that he hogs the spotlight and I certainly would not want to work for him, but there is brilliance in simply assembling and motivating a group of people who can solve a very difficult problem; it's a very rare person who can do this.

In 50 years, when Elon Musk has ascended to the God-King-NetAdmin of the Independent Planet of Mars and Virtual Mars, I hope I'm still kicking about over there, thumbing my nose at those gross squabbling Earthlings from the comfort of my stasis pod. 

Buy Tesla stock before you're abandoned to the inevitable dystopian wastelands of Terra, heathens! Its gonna be lit!

17 minutes ago, Altherion said:

He wasn't born rich and he's at least capable of understanding what the people working for him do -- both at Tesla and at SpaceX. It's true that he hogs the spotlight and I certainly would not want to work for him, but there is brilliance in simply assembling and motivating a group of people who can solve a very difficult problem; it's a very rare person who can do this.

He wasn’t born rich compared to how rich he is now, but he was upper middle class in apartheid South Africa growing up which is being in the top half of the half of the population that get treated like actual people- so that probably qualifies as rich for most people.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

First time in history a president has been impeached twice, and for reasons passing understanding we're talking about Elon Musk.

Don’t start with me, you dick. I will punch you in your fat, Yankee-loving mouth!*

*if for some reason DMC gets punched in his fat, Yankee-loving mouth, I can in no way be held responsible. Top experts have examined my statement above, and have unanimously concluded that it is a very appropriate statement, the most appropriate statement. Some say it was perfect statement.

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You probably just triggered the Lizard People uprising, jackass.

Uh, it’s called the downrising. Because they’ll be coming from the bowels of the earth. 

Report: ‘Isolated And Angry’ Trump Refuses To Pay Rudy Giuliani For Legal Work
The president is very unhappy with his personal attorney, The Washington Post reported.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giuliani-election-legal-work_n_5fffa763c5b6c77d85ecbe46

President Donald Trump is reportedly taking out his frustrations on his personal attorney and longtime friend, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

And he’s doing it in the classic Trump fashion: by refusing to pay him. 

The Washington Post said Trump is trying to stiff Giuliani, who has spent the past months traveling the country and spreading wild conspiracy theories about the November election on behalf of the president. 

Citing two unnamed officials, the newspaper said Trump has not only refused to pay Giuliani’s legal fees but has told aides that all reimbursement requests for travel and other expenses need to go through him. 

The Post said Trump was unhappy with Giuliani’s demand for $20,000 a day in fees and “has privately expressed concern” with some of his attorney’s moves.

The former mayor last year denied seeking that specific amount, claiming a much more unusual fee structure instead. 

“I never asked for $20,000,” he told The New York Times in November. “The arrangement is we’ll work it out at the end.”

The Times on Wednesday confirmed the latest Post report, adding that White House officials were blocking Giuliani’s calls to Trump.