WandaVision (spoilers)

RumHam

7 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

I liked it more than I thought I would, very weird funny stuff.

What a relief it must be for the two actors to play characters with any kind of range given their talents - Vision and SW are the two flattest Avengers in the movies.

Very true, both have only ever really shown up in the team up movies, where they always seem to get overshadowed by Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and other characters.

48 minutes ago, AverageGuy said:

I don't think it's just in her head. I think the people she's interacting with are real and in the same illusion, with the possible exception of Vision. Not sure what's going on there.

What do we think Vision is then? The real one is dead. I'm wondering if this is just some neighborhood guy she's re-imagined as Vision, or entirely an illusion?

2 hours ago, AverageGuy said:

I don't think it's just in her head. I think the people she's interacting with are real and in the same illusion, with the possible exception of Vision. Not sure what's going on there.

Yea the impression I get is that she’s created a bubble for her and Vision to live in, but that bubble is in an actual neighbourhood and all these people have been roped into it unwillingly. To the outside it looks like punishment for her, so the ‘authorities’ whoever they may be have concluded someone must be inflicting this on her. Perhaps she created a dome of reality and neglected underground, which they exploited, but as soon as she saw it she fixed it. And maybe Mrs Hart broke through long enough to say ‘stop it’ to Wanda, either meaning ‘stop this illusion’ or possibly ‘my husband could actually die, please stop it’.

I’m still not sure if Vision is alive or not. Banner did say in Infinity War that Vision is made up of lots of parts, Jarvis, Tony, Ultron, the Mind Stone, and maybe the best of him is in the other parts. Maybe Wanda attempted to hold what’s left of him together and ended up constructing this bizarre reality as a way of doing so. Or it could easily be set between Civil and Infinity War, although I think to not indicate that by now is kinda cheating.

While I want Vision to be real and back, I think the tell is in the magic act in episode 2.  Wanda is Glamor, Vision is Illusion.  And I suspect, when we get to the end, a great deal of the Doctor Strange movie is going to be trying to help Wanda with regaining a grasp on reality...that she will be the actual villain of that movie...

What a brave show to launch the MCU on TV. I think they may have alienated their core younger audience but have laid down a bold claim that the TV shows are going to deliver a lot more in terms of style and substance and essentially make use of the format. My only criticism is this should probably have been a binge release - I don't think a lot of casual viewers will have the patience for this.

Paul Bettany is ridiculously good in this - if it continues at this pace through sitcom eras he should be looking at awards.

The attention to detail is high too, each episode has worked as a genuinely funny homage (sometimes parody) of the era they are emulating.

I tend to side with an earlier post about the other characters being real people potentially trapped in Wanda's warped world. Some of them seem openly hostile towards her as if they subconsciously know they are trapped eg Emma caulfield's "popular housewife". 

The Hydra/Baron strucker advert was on the nose and wasn't he Wanda and her brother's captor in Age of ultron? I think there's certainly something to do with her past life.

Also was the beekeeper a reference to HIVE? (EDIT wrong comic universe meant AIM)

Was it Mark Ruffalo's/hulk's voice on the radio?

And why (without any evidence at all) do I think that the helpful next door neighbour, Agnes, is loki? Beyond the hair and general mischeviousness of the character?

I really wasn't expecting the show to be this interesting and odd but I'm kind of glad it isn't

4 minutes ago, red snow said:

The Hydra/Baron strucker advert was on the nose and wasn't he Wanda and her brother's captor in Age of ultron? I think there's certainly something to do with her past life.

Yup. It was under his direction that her powers were "unlocked" by the mind stone. 

I doubt Agnes is Loki. It'd have to be alternate-Loki who is getting his own show later this year, and I doubt they'd want to tell us before hand that this is how he ends up. 

Doesn't Wanda's powers mimic the Reality Stone?  If so I think Vision could be real if she made a copy from memory.  Also babies are happening.  Don't they have twins in the comics?

Also, she could be in this reality/delusion for years for the entirely of MCU phase 4, meaning the twins and Vision would be around until the end of that, even if they can't survive past it.

Phase 4 is clearly centered around the multiverse, and having a character be the emotional center of that is a good thing.  Meaning it could end when she has to sacrifice the existence of Vision and the twins in order to restore the prior reality.

Wanda is essentially the phase 4 villain the Avengers will want to rehabilitate not murder.

1 minute ago, DaveSumm said:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: “Am I a joke to you?”

(Just kidding, I am entirely in favour of jettisoning the Perlmutter era TV)

I don't know how credible this is but I want to believe this rumor about Ms. Marvel:

Supposedly the Inhumans ABC show exists in universe and they make fun of how terrible and inaccurate it is.

23 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Doesn't Wanda's powers mimic the Reality Stone?

Well it was the Mind Stone that gave her her powers, so that would be weird. But no weirder than the Reality Stone being a liquid with totally different powers in Thor 2 than it had in the last two Avengers movies. 

2 hours ago, red snow said:

Was it Mark Ruffalo's/hulk's voice on the radio?

And why (without any evidence at all) do I think that the helpful next door neighbour, Agnes, is loki? Beyond the hair and general mischeviousness of the character?

1. It's apparently Randall Park's Jimmy Woo coming through the radio...

2. Interesting...but it's still most likely she is Agatha Harkness...and I think she's somehow controlling the situation, SWORD not with standing...

19 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I refuse to believe that the sitcom stuff is merely window dressing. Yes it's meant to be fun, but at the same time, the trips and the dialog is furthering the questions of what is going on. 

That’s true. The chanting of “for the children” seemed particularly significant, although I can’t imagine what it could signify.

2 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: “Am I a joke to you?”

(Just kidding, I am entirely in favour of jettisoning the Perlmutter era TV)

Agent Carter is like 'I was co-star in a key movie, appeared in other AND had the final scene in the whole damn MCU (to date) and my TV show didn't register?'

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

1. It's apparently Randall Park's Jimmy Woo coming through the radio...

2. Interesting...but it's still most likely she is Agatha Harkness...and I think she's somehow controlling the situation, SWORD not with standing...

I just rewatched “Infinity War”.  It’s harder to watch Vision’s death after seeing “WandaVision”.

Interesting. For me, the spark in these two episodes highlights that they were uninteresting, filler characters in the main movies, somehow both overpowered and still non-crucial. I certainly didn't miss them in 'Endgame' It's mostly just a function of there being too many characters in 'Infinity War' to do them all justice of course.

Archived