WandaVision (spoilers)

RumHam

3 hours ago, williamjm said:

I don't really think it's likely but I'm now imagining Deadpool randomly showing up.

That would be fucking awful. Just the worst. Deadpool is honestly one of the worst characters ever. That he's become this cult icon is just terrible and exhausting. 

Rumor I heard was that the actor who played the Days of Future Past Quicksilver could be in the show, but as Speed, the older version of one of the twins...

15 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Booooooo :P

I stand by it. Nothing of Rob Leifeld's should ever be so revered.  He's overplayed and overused worse than Wolverine in the late 80s and into the 90s.

(Fun Fact: I think DC ruined a lot of villain potential with Harley Quinn too...not a fan of her as a anti-hero, though that opinion is tempered by some of the writing they've given her over time...)

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

For an official statement that's pretty harsh. He could have just said "creative differences." 

I would love to see Norton's version of The Incredible Hulk though.

At the Bruce Willis roast Norton took a couple shots too - "I wanted a better script," and especially "I thought we should try to make one Marvel movie that was as good as the worst Chris Nolan movie, but what the hell was I thinking."  Norton was pretty funny in that roast.

30 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That would be fucking awful. Just the worst. Deadpool is honestly one of the worst characters ever. That he's become this cult icon is just terrible and exhausting. 

What, you don't enjoy Ryan Reynolds trying wayyyy too hard to be funny?

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

What, you don't enjoy Ryan Reynolds trying wayyyy too hard to be funny?

The movies are almost secondary, but the first was, "meh" and I've never seen the second. I hate anything to do with him in the comics first and foremost. 

Edward Norton is well known in Hollywood for wanting to direct movies in which he is not the director and be an overall pain in the ass to work with. That is why his career fell so far behind guys that appeared around the same time as him, like Di Caprio, Damon or Affleck, despite the fact that when they became famous in the 90's, he was widely considered the best actor of the lot.

9 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

Well, pretty much everything is pointing to his involvement here, though it could veer in a different direction. 

I'm not saying it won't happen (though I'm not sure everything points to his involvement). I'm saying yeah, it could be that, and if it is, that'll be a heck of a thing. I mean, as comic fans we're all basically like 'yeah, Mephisto' but we tend to forget how nuts it is that when Cap goes to church on Sunday and the minister is talking about the wiles of the devil, Steve's basically thinking to himself 'oh yeah, I punched that guy in the face last week!'

I think bringing in Mephisto would be a great way to give the whiny Christian right something to do, and they have been pretty well sidelined the past four years.  That's why I'd be somewhat surprised if Disney ok'ed that. 

I also think it's kinda pushing it.  I'm glad Death, as a character, was kept out of Thanos' story, and I really don't want the devil brought in either.

I'm still not super clear who Nightmare is but Scott Derrickson implied he would be a villain in Doctor Strange 2 at one point. Obviously a lot has changed but if there is someone behind this other than Wanda I'd bet on him.

Or maybe agent Woo is the bad guy. He was studying magic when last we saw him. 

Just now, Mr Gordo said:

Someone better versed in the comics can fill me in here but aren't hexagons the way magic was portrayed, particular Wanda's back in the 90s? Just thinking. 

Yeah you know, I bet Cumberbatch shows up.

Specifically, Wanda's "magic" and her mutant powers were described as a "hex power"...meaning it really did what whatever the writer wanted it to do.  It was always pretty terrible defined.  Eventually she was given more of an actual.magic background, trained by Agatha Harkness.  It was Byrne in West Coast Avengers, I think, who hinted at the exact extent of Wanda's powers, and then Bendis pulled the trigger on her true capabilities. 

The opening scene was absolutely outstanding. Showing the "unvanishing" from the POV of someone brought back was really clever (and confirms the Far from Home notion that people who have been "blipped" have zero memory of the whole thing, which is probably for the best) and they leaned into the chaos of it, whilst as usual completely lowballing the fact that the Earth suddenly has to feed an extra 3.5 billion people overnight (they could have at least mentioned that Hulk also created tons of extra crops and food supplies).

They also established the timeline: this is three weeks after Endgame, potentially before the events of Far from Home.

12 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

Yeah you know, I bet Cumberbatch shows up.

Bettany and Cumberbatch acted together on screen in the Charles Darwin movie, Creation. Bettany's statements suggest it's someone he's not worked with before but really wanted to.

Bettany has not acted alongside Hiddleston though. The closest was Bettany doing a voiceover in The Avengers and Hiddleston's brief appearance at the start of Infinity War, but they didn't appear onscreen together, and their scenes were filmed at wildly variant periods. Hiddleston also popped up in some of the preview stuff for this show (ribbing Bettany on the virtual red carpet), which could just be a joke or a sign Hiddleston is involved.

Dittos to all three above.  

Thought the three minutes of chaos in the opening perfectly showed the post blip results far better than what we had seen before.  I also thought it was kind of amusing to see their white board have all the same questions we have been asking here.  Is this real?  Is Vision alive?  Why the hexagons?  :lol:

That shot of Vision with the Mind stone out was creepy.

I wonder how they mesh the two storylines going forward.  They have shown snippets from the show that come later in the season.  Wanda and Vision in Halloween costumes.  The scene where Vision is told he's dead.

ETA:  Oh... hey... Hiddleston... So alt-Loki has the scepter with the Mind Stone doesn't he???

Yeah that first scene was the best thing from this show so far and the best engagement with that subject matter that they've done.

I still really want something set within the blip period actually tackling how people handled it - I've seen suggestions that The Leftovers covered that sort of ground but the amount of people is way more, but more importantly they know what happened. What fucked people up so hard in that show was not knowing what had happened so this is a different situation.

But after that opening scene I also want something seriously engaging with coping with the return and reintegrating people that lost 5 years.

@Rhom no, he's got the tesseract. The sceptre was being fought over by the two Caps elsewhere in the building, the tesseract dropped at his feet and he grabbed it and ported out the way Thanos was able to use it.

Also a crazy bit of casting for upcoming episodes:

Spoiler

Reportedly Evan Peters has been cast. He could be playing a completely different character, but it does seem very coincidental since he played Wanda's brother, albeit in a different universe where Wanda herself apparently did not exist.

Archived