WandaVision (spoilers)

RumHam

Just now, Maltaran said:

Dr Strange is the obvious one, but the question with him is how well known is he outside the Avengers? Would SWORD know who he is?

Considering how casually Darcy and Woo were discussing who was more likely to kick Thanos' ass solo... I'm gonna say almost everyone knows who Dr. Strange is.

9 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Dr Strange is the obvious one, but the question with him is how well known is he outside the Avengers? Would SWORD know who he is?

Nick Fury also seems like a good idea, and he can call in Captain Marvel (though she might be on the other side of the universe again). But it does seem like Sam and War Machine (who know her and worked alongside her in the Avengers 2.0 for over a year) would be a good idea to start with, possibly Prof. Hulk.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

I just know not to click on the thread after midnight on a Friday AM until I've had a chance to watch the show.

YES, this is exactly what I do. All you’ll see if you did is a bunch of spoiler boxes anyway so it seems silly. Spoilers up to latest episode FTW.

So: uuummm. Not sure how I feel about this. I really, really hope it’s an Easter egg for us and is never referred to in-universe. Just for Wanda’s character alone, it’d be a real disservice to crowbar in a new family from an infinitely shitter cinematic universe. It was a great episode up to there, now that they can switch between sitcom and SWORD, they can really dial up the creepy juxtaposition. I thought Vision confronting Wanda over the credits was really well done, and even Agnes redoing her line managed to seem really unsettling.

8 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

YES, this is exactly what I do. All you’ll see if you did is a bunch of spoiler boxes anyway so it seems silly. Spoilers up to latest episode FTW.

So: uuummm. Not sure how I feel about this. I really, really hope it’s an Easter egg for us and is never referred to in-universe. Just for Wanda’s character alone, it’d be a real disservice to crowbar in a new family from an infinitely shitter cinematic universe. It was a great episode up to there, now that they can switch between sitcom and SWORD, they can really dial up the creepy juxtaposition. I thought Vision confronting Wanda over the credits was really well done, and even Agnes redoing her line managed to seem really unsettling.

I loved Vision “ignoring” the credits.  It was like Wanda threw them up to make him stop the confrontation.

I disagree with you on Xverse QS.  I think Wanda has somehow... broken the universe... perhaps the destruction of the Reality Stone has weakened the boundaries between branes.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Nick Fury also seems like a good idea, and he can call in Captain Marvel (though she might be on the other side of the universe again). But it does seem like Sam and War Machine (who know her and worked alongside her in the Avengers 2.0 for over a year) would be a good idea to start with, possibly Prof. Hulk.

Fury might already be at the other side of the galaxy (but FFH takes place a few months after WandaVision, so we can't know for sure).
And it's my understanding that Hulk left shortly after Ultron, so he only knew her during the Battle of Sokovia. When he came back, they only met briefly in Wakanda, and then she was blipped.

That leaves only Sam et Rhodey who know her well. And old man Cap.

But it's probably Dr. Strange they should call. Maybe he's the one sending Pietro ?

3 hours ago, john said:

The Foxverse Pietro is not actually Wanda’s brother is he? He’s the offspring of Magneto, which Wanda isn’t. I don’t even know if he had a sister in the X-Men films. So seems an odd choice if there’s the whole of the multiverse to choose from.

He would have had a half-sister he never met from Magento's time working as a miner in Eastern Europe but she wasn't called Wanda.

Definitely calling back endgame and Wanda saying 'you took everything from me' to Thanos with that "I'll never let anyone take that away again'. 

ETA: OOOOH I get it. 

The kids are not hers and are whatever power is manipulating her. And they're going to manipulate her to 'fix the dead'. Now, I don't know who she is going to reverse or who is aiming to be reversed yet. Thanos seems unlikely. Ultron? Red Skull? But they're going to try and get her to bring back someone. 

The timing of that Lagos advert was perfect, and also pertinent, "Lagos, for when you make a mess you didn't mean to."  

I know the twins have different powers in the comic books, but it kinda looked like they had a shared power, or an attribute of reality bending which only worked when they were both thinking in unison.

I'm leaning towards Wanda having gone to visit Agnes for some advice, not knowing that Agnes was under some duress from another agent (husband?), who then seeds the idea of body-napping Vision and setting up WestView. There's a lot of red shown in this episode so the notion it could be Mephisto pulling the strings is still on IMO.

21 minutes ago, ithanos said:

The timing of that Lagos advert was perfect, and also pertinent, "Lagos, for when you make a mess you didn't mean to."  

I know the twins have different powers in the comic books, but it kinda looked like they had a shared power, or an attribute of reality bending which only worked when they were both thinking in unison.

I'm leaning towards Wanda having gone to visit Agnes for some advice, not knowing that Agnes was under some duress from another agent (husband?), who then seeds the idea of body-napping Vision and setting up WestView. There's a lot of red shown in this episode so the notion it could be Mephisto pulling the strings is still on IMO.

Mephisto is too moustashe twirling to be a good MCU villian.

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I loved Vision “ignoring” the credits.  It was like Wanda threw them up to make him stop the confrontation.

I disagree with you on Xverse QS.  I think Wanda has somehow... broken the universe... perhaps the destruction of the Reality Stone has weakened the boundaries between branes.

It makes the most sense that realities are breaking...using the Xverse Quicksilver, though I wasn't sure about the move, makes sense.  Want to see what they do with it.  

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Mephisto is too moustashe twirling to be a good MCU villian.

I think Mephisto becomes almost too out there right now. I know it makes sense in terms of the comic stories, but having him show up now would be too out there.  There is no point of reference to connect him to the show, with five episodes done...Kal has an interesting thought with the idea that Wanda is being manipulated to resurrect someone...

9 hours ago, Maltaran said:

He did have a sister who appeared in one scene, but she was never named and was clearly younger than him.

In the comics they are brother and sister and Magneto is their father. The fact that Woo specifically said her parents names in Ep. 5 and how they died and that is what radicalized her, to me means that we are about to hear how those are not really her parents. 
Magneto is her father and I wouldnt doubt we are going to get a Fassy appearance.

which would be awesome.

I have no idea how they will explain her brother coming back from the dead or whatever but the Multiverse covers everything right?

but overall I loved it and am so happy!!! This is the Avengers/xmen crossover I’ve been wanting all these years!!!!

Can we pause for a moment to talk about how f*cking good Christophe Beck's work is as the composer on WandaVision? I've been listening to the score for episode 4 all day today, and continually impressed with his ability to convey tension and drama so perfectly. I'm also really enjoying the sonic tips of the hat to Fringe in the track 'Stay Tuned', which harkens back to Chris Tilton's 'Masters of the Multiverse' from soundtrack for the first season of Fringe. 

3 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

In the comics they are brother and sister and Magneto is their father. The fact that Woo specifically said her parents names in Ep. 5 and how they died and that is what radicalized her, to me means that we are about to hear how those are not really her parents. 
Magneto is her father and I wouldnt doubt we are going to get a Fassy appearance.

The thing is, the only link between Wanda and Magneto is that they’re related in a completely different medium. For those that don’t read them (which is surely a majority of viewers) it means absolutely nothing. You could have watched every Fox X-Men movie and every MCU movie and be none the wiser. I just don’t see how they could meaningfully do anything with this in the show; oh look, it’s Magneto! The guy who definitely isn’t your dad, cos you’ve already got a dad. There are no genetics and no relationships to be worked with.

I’m hoping it’s more to do with the lack of corpse of the real Pietro; she went to all the trouble of stealing Vision’s corpse and all the other residents of Westview are real people. She can re-animate a corpse it seems, but not conjure someone who isn’t there. She desperately wants her brother back so perhaps she used a stand in, another resident or possibly the missing witness?

5 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

The thing is, the only link between Wanda and Magneto is that they’re related in a completely different medium. For those that don’t read them (which is surely a majority of viewers) it means absolutely nothing. You could have watched every Fox X-Men movie and every MCU movie and be none the wiser. I just don’t see how they could meaningfully do anything with this in the show; oh look, it’s Magneto! The guy who definitely isn’t your dad, cos you’ve already got a dad. There are no genetics and no relationships to be worked with.

I’m hoping it’s more to do with the lack of corpse of the real Pietro; she went to all the trouble of stealing Vision’s corpse and all the other residents of Westview are real people. She can re-animate a corpse it seems, but not conjure someone who isn’t there. She desperately wants her brother back so perhaps she used a stand in, another resident or possibly the missing witness?

Vision wasn’t a biological person.  He was an AI.  I have to wonder, given Wanda’s reaction to the death of the dog, if she can resurrect a biological entity.

7 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Can we pause for a moment to talk about how f*cking good Christophe Beck's work is as the composer on WandaVision? I've been listening to the score for episode 4 all day today, and continually impressed with his ability to convey tension and drama so perfectly. I'm also really enjoying the sonic tips of the hat to Fringe in the track 'Stay Tuned', which harkens back to Chris Tilton's 'Masters of the Multiverse' from soundtrack for the first season of Fringe. 

Christophe Beck's composing work has been on fire since Buffy the Vampire Slayer (for which he won a well-deserved Emmy). He's flown under the radar a bit compared to his peers, but he is excellent.

By the way, Monica is going to get superpowers right? I don't know what her powers will be. None of the medical tests producing anything is a big clue. My guess it has to do something with her passing through the Hex barrier twice, as it was mentioned there is a lot of radiation at the perimeter.

1 minute ago, Corvinus85 said:

By the way, Monica is going to get superpowers right? I don't what her powers will be. None of the medical tests producing anything is a big clue. My guess it has to do something with her passing through the Hex barrier twice, as it was mentioned there is a lot of radiation at the perimeter.

In the comics he powers are based primarily on the electromagnetic spectrum.  

Archived