WandaVision (spoilers)

RumHam

8 hours ago, karaddin said:

Of course time inside the reality dysfunction could be working differently and it will be a year (or more) at the point she comes out. 

Isn't time acting out of sort though? While it seemed episode one jumped forward some sort of time had passed into the second, the third started all but immediately after the end of the second.  And then the mysteriously appearing pregnancy progressed at a substantially accelerated rate...it isn't out of the realm of possibility that what were seeing is Wanda's eighteenth attempt at finding her happiness as she restarts over and over...

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Isn't time acting out of sort though? While it seemed episode one jumped forward some sort of time had passed into the second, the third started all but immediately after the end of the second.  And then the mysteriously appearing pregnancy progressed at a substantially accelerated rate...it isn't out of the realm of possibility that what were seeing is Wanda's eighteenth attempt at finding her happiness as she restarts over and over...

It's possible, although I thought only a day had passed between the first and second episodes.

I guess my feeling is that it can't be a conscious and thought out attempt, she's experienced a psychotic break in attempting to process it and is acting out of that denial. 

5 minutes ago, karaddin said:

It's possible, although I thought only a day had passed between the first and second episodes.

I guess my feeling is that it can't be a conscious and thought out attempt, she's experienced a psychotic break in attempting to process it and is acting out of that denial. 

Honestly between one and two, I didn't get the sense it was only one day passing, but it could have been.  Though some of that might have been the way they played with the dialogue of a sixties situation comedy.   

Absolutely agree with part two.  But is the break completely self induced? Was it small and it's being manipulated?  Essentially, who is pulling the strings?  Is it human or magical in nature?  They've put a lot of plates spinning with who it could be.

11 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

Hmm that's true, though my person theory is that something happened in between Endgame and whenever this starts that made Wanda break, as she seemed sane at the end of Endgame.

Bear in mind Wanda was blipped, so for her the end of Endgame was immediately after Infinity War, so she hasn't even started the grieving process yet.

On 1/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, john said:

I went back and looked at Iron Man 3, to remember how they handled AIM.  In the comics, AIM was an off shoot of Hydra, which seems to dovetail nicely in what's going on here.  In Iron Man 3, AIM was started by a scientist who was slighted by Tony Stark, and wanted revenge.  More of a front company than an actual organization.

But, what AIM was developing was human weapons, i.e. sentient weapons, which makes me wonder if SWORD was created primarily to deal with a process that started with AIM and perhaps is continuing with them in the present day.  Perhaps Hydra incorporated AIM and their research and is now creating a new sentinent weapon (or weapons, i.e. twins) through Wanda.

Either way IMO beekeepr and hexagons mean that AIM has to at least be referenced before the show is over.

ETA: In Iron Man 3, television was also used to create a fictional terrorist to distract attention to what AIM was really up to.  So perhaps the tv angle gets used here again.

Another interesting possibility is that if Wanda is being used to create human weapons out of whole cloth it would be interesting if she was the catalyst in the creation of mutants in the MCU.  Kind of like an inverse of how they used her in House of M.

I am loving this show so far.  Really enjoying the journey through television history coupled with the strange mystery.

My question is about the end credits of the show.  There are all these images formed out of gems(I think) like a house, stairs, butterflies etc..  The last two that are shown look to be some sort of helm or head piece, one is red and the other is green. 

Anyone notice that? 

I thought at first that the green one reminded me of the Enchantress, but I am not sure.

I can't wait till Friday though. 

If someone is controlling it, and getting her to, like Zeus, hatch gods from her mind, I don't see why they'd stop at just two.  If they can restart the scenario, they can do it forever and have an army of super brats to turn evil.

3 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/paul-bettany-says-major-wandavision-230000062.html

O.o

I doubt it will happen but if someone major from the X-Men films showed up I'd probably go bonkers.

I did wonder if Pietro would show up, it kinda makes sense if Wanda is just creating whatever the hell she likes. And they just reminded everyone of him last week.

16 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/paul-bettany-says-major-wandavision-230000062.html

O.o

I doubt it will happen but if someone major from the X-Men films showed up I'd probably go bonkers.

A X-men character, like Xavier and Magneto? Sure. But not the actors themselves, not just because many of them are way too old (Stewart and McKellen are past 80), but because I doubt Feige want even the slightest association with Bryan Singer.

2 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

I'm picturing Wanda trying to bring her brother back from the dead and someone bringing in the wrong one. :P

It's a classic sitcom plot - accidentally resurrecting a sibling from the wrong cinematic universe.

I read a rumor a while back that both quciksilver actors were in this. At the time I think everyone figured Peters was playing one of the bad guys but this was before all the spider-man casting. 

I wonder if there's still bad blood between Ed Norton and Marvel. I'd love it if they brought him in for a scene in Doctor Strange and established that The Incredible Hulk was our first look at an alternate MCU. 

2 hours ago, Mr Gordo said:

I'm assuming whoever he's talking about is whoever is going to actually play Mephisto

Marvel have taken some pretty big risks but having a villain who is basically the actual, Biblical devil show up as a major plot point would be... brave.

5 minutes ago, Mr Gordo said:

I didn't think there was any real bad blood between Norton and Marvel? Last interview I saw with Norton where he mentioned it he didn't seem angry or anything. Also I think it would be hard to establish TIH as alternate, they've used a lot more then people remember in the current MCU.

Well, pretty much everything is pointing to his involvement here, though it could veer in a different direction. 

In 2010, shortly before The Avengers stars assembled at the San Diego Comic-Con, Kevin Feige released a statement signaling the short-lived Norton era was over. And after saying Norton wasn't returning for Avengers, Feige started dropping some superhero shade. "Our decision is definitely not based on monetary factors," Feige said, "but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

For an official statement that's pretty harsh. He could have just said "creative differences." 

I would love to see Norton's version of The Incredible Hulk though. It kills me that Michael K Williams is in there just to nod his head and have no lines. 

Archived