WandaVision (spoilers)

RumHam

3 minutes ago, karaddin said:

@Rhom no, he's got the tesseract. The sceptre was being fought over by the two Caps elsewhere in the building, the tesseract dropped at his feet and he grabbed it and ported out the way Thanos was able to use it.

Oh... yeah...

Well crap.  There goes that theory.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

Also a crazy bit of casting for upcoming episodes:

Hide contents

Reportedly Evan Peters has been cast. He could be playing a completely different character, but it does seem very coincidental since he played Wanda's brother, albeit in a different universe where Wanda herself apparently did not exist.

The speculation I saw is that

Spoiler

He'll be playing one of the twins all grown up that presumably has similar powers to her brother as his name was Speed or something similar

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Also a crazy bit of casting for upcoming episodes:

Reveal hidden contents

Reportedly Evan Peters has been cast. He could be playing a completely different character, but it does seem very coincidental since he played Wanda's brother, albeit in a different universe where Wanda herself apparently did not exist.

Yeah, I'm going to be disappointed if he's just some dude.

Spoiler

A Pietro without a sister and a Wanda without a brother.  Could be a good way to bridge the continuities.

Maybe FoX-Men Quicksilver could make a comment that he had a sister that died at birth or some such.

1 minute ago, karaddin said:

Hide contents

He'll be playing one of the twins all grown up that presumably has similar powers to her brother as his name was Speed or something similar

Spoiler

Wanda as her brother's mother would definitely qualify for a "Multiverse of Madness."  :lol:

I know nothing about the comics they're pulling stories from, but I'm enjoying the show so far. This episode has been the most interesting. I'm glad the time frame is now established, and that we got to see what SWORD is up to.

I see talk of Mephisto. Is Wanda really capable of creating this reality on her own, or did she have help? Did she make a deal with the devil to do it, and obtain a way to have her happy life with Vision, and ignore the real world.

9 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I know nothing about the comics they're pulling stories from, but I'm enjoying the show so far. This episode has been the most interesting. I'm glad the time frame is now established, and that we got to see what SWORD is up to.

I see talk of Mephisto. Is Wanda really capable of creating this reality on her own, or did she have help? Did she make a deal with the devil to do it, and obtain a way to have her happy life with Vision, and ignore the real world.

I'm in your camp without much knowledge of the comics other than references I've seen elsewhere.  My understanding of Wanda's powers are that they have kind of always just been whatever the story needed them to be.  :dunno: 

45 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Reveal hidden contents

I mentioned that on the previous page, but I hadn't spoilered it...eek...

47 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I mentioned that on the previous page, but I hadn't spoilered it...eek...

I'm never clear on where speculation fits on the spectrum of idle musings vs legit spoilers.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:
Spoiler

Maybe FoX-Men Quicksilver could make a comment that he had a sister that died at birth or some such.

Spoiler

Quicksilver does have a sister in Days of Future Past - presumably Wanda.  She is considerably younger than him, but she's shown with him watching Magneto's speech outside the White House.  Not sure if she's shown or mentioned in the Apocalypse or Phoenix movies.  I don't think so in Apocalypse but definitely could be wrong.  Have no idea in Phoenix.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

I'm never clear on where speculation fits on the spectrum of idle musings vs legit spoilers.

From my decades of reading wrestling sites, they'd often put "potential spoilers" as clickbait for peddling unsubstantiated rumors.  We need a pointless "potential spoiler" option to distinguish idle musings!!!

So here's my take. Mods can shoot me as they like.

A casting announcement that hasn't shown up in the show is a spoiler. If it's part of the main cast in general that's not a spoiler (as it's in the credits for every show), but if it's per episode it is a spoiler.

Idle speculation about what a cast member that isn't a spoiler (per above) isn't going to be a spoiler. IE, talking about Debra Jo Rupp and whether or not she's the devil or talking about what Paul Bettany is likely going to be doing on the show WandaVision isn't a spoiler. But talking about random person we haven't seen yet and what they're going to be doing feels like it is one. 

I enjoyed the sitcom stuff but this was more the kind of thing I thought the Disney plus shows would be. The blip returnees scene was great but it is very convenient to be able to ignore all the chaos that must have caused.

I was kind of hoping that there was somebody else involved because I don’t think they adequately set up the “it’s all Wanda” thing. Still, she doesn’t seem to be doing any actual harm, unlike the comics. Vision in that scene with his head ripped open definitely seems like a figment of her imagination though.

29 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Anyone else wonder how many people died during the “unblip”?

None.

I believe Feige and other writers have said this, and certainly from what we see of the unblip it seems the case, but Prof. Hulk wasn't an idiot. He made sure that people in the air in planes unblipped in their homes or on the ground safely nearby. People who'd been mountain-climbing didn't rematerialise, panic and fall to their deaths. People who were in elevators that weren't in the exact same place five years later didn't fall to their deaths in a lift shaft. People who were inside a house that's since been knocked down and replaced by a differently-shaped building didn't materialise in the middle of a wall. People on space stations and so on didn't materialise in vacuum. People driving cars didn't unblip in the middle of the freeway and die seconds later by being hit by a semi. Nobody materialised inside another person.

You can also see this from the fact that Earth would be in a somewhat different position in space to when the blip happened, and not all the people reappeared in vacuum either.

Furthermore, since we don't hear about mass starvation as a problem, it's assumed that Prof. Hulk made sure that enough food supplies also existed to accommodate the sudden return of 3.5 billion people (on Earth alone).

It's clear people unblipped as close as possible to where they were when they vanished (you see this in Far From Home as well, and in Endgame), but only if it was safe to do so. Otherwise they reappeared at or near their homes, or on the nearest safe patch of open space. Hulk didn't save half the universe only for a significant amount of it to die within seconds.

15 minutes ago, Werthead said:

None.

I believe Feige and other writers have said this, and certainly from what we see of the unblip it seems the case, but Prof. Hulk wasn't an idiot. He made sure that people in the air in planes unblipped in their homes or on the ground safely nearby. People who'd been mountain-climbing didn't rematerialise, panic and fall to their deaths. People who were in elevators that weren't in the exact same place five years later didn't fall to their deaths in a lift shaft. People who were inside a house that's since been knocked down and replaced by a differently-shaped building didn't materialise in the middle of a wall. People on space stations and so on didn't materialise in vacuum. People driving cars didn't unblip in the middle of the freeway and die seconds later by being hit by a semi. Nobody materialised inside another person.

You can also see this from the fact that Earth would be in a somewhat different position in space to when the blip happened, and not all the people reappeared in vacuum either.

Furthermore, since we don't hear about mass starvation as a problem, it's assumed that Prof. Hulk made sure that enough food supplies also existed to accommodate the sudden return of 3.5 billion people (on Earth alone).

It's clear people unblipped as close as possible to where they were when they vanished (you see this in Far From Home as well, and in Endgame), but only if it was safe to do so. Otherwise they reappeared at or near their homes, or on the nearest safe patch of open space. Hulk didn't save half the universe only for a significant amount of it to die within seconds.

So, like a very carefully phrased wish with lots of caveats?

Archived