U.S. Politics: Leaving On A Jet Plane

Martell Spy

"The Last Handoff

It was a fraught, utterly uncharted presidential transition — four years ago, from Obama to Trump. It was a prelude for so much that followed."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/11/magazine/trump-obama-presidential-transition.html?

This report focuses on batshyte crazy and very dangerous Michael Flynn, and  Russia. And the minefield within which Obama, Comey, Clapper,  the FBI, etc. were contained.  It is long 

....The crisis of Trump’s departure from Washington has exposed the degree to which factions in American political life now inhabit entirely separate realities. But to understand that divergence, which has taken increasingly dire forms as a new presidential transition concludes, it’s important to revisit the transition of four years ago: Trump’s own messy ascension to the presidency, with its murkiness surrounding his relationship with Russia and the debate over what to do about it. The questions that Obama’s national-security team had to come to grips with about its successors almost sound like the premise of an airport novel. Was the president-elect a Manchurian candidate? Was he secretly videotaped by the Russian security service? Was his national security adviser a Russian asset? In January 2017, with less than three weeks to go before Trump assumed power, it was up to them to decide how to continue the Russia investigation under a president who could easily wind up in its cross hairs...

Trump cultists are getting really sick of being unfairly lumped in with other Trump cultists. Comment spotted on conservative Reddit: “Now I know what all those Muslims went through after 9/11 who were peaceful”.

These people are the dumbest assholes in all of history.

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Now to be clear not everything should be left to a vote. 
50.6 of the population should not simply vote to simply enslave half the population.

One could see the danger of mob rule.

Frankly, if 50.6% of the population are voting to enslave the population, you have bigger problems than democracy.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Trump cultists are getting really sick of being unfairly lumped in with other Trump cultists. Comment spotted on conservative Reddit: “Now I know what all those Muslims went through after 9/11 who were peaceful”.

These people are the dumbest assholes in all of history.

As idiotic as this is, am I the only one that sees just a glimmer of glimpse of a sliver of something to be optimistic about here? As an expression of empathy, coming from a MAGA clown, it's shocking. That's a kind of progress isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

As idiotic as this is, am I the only one that sees just a glimmer of glimpse of a sliver of something to be optimistic about here?

Ay-up.

Long, long, long asymetrical war* is here between the white supremacist/crazy xtian haters of non CIS and women doing anything but SERVING THEM. Not to mention all the financing, etc. for this routed via Russia.

* Am quite aware asymetrical war usually means the national military on the side of the insurrectionists, which, so far, maybe, hopefully, not the case here, but they are armed, and there are many of them, and they are uniting under the banners of various, including cops, veterans, ICE, Richard Prince's forces and resources, white militias, etc. They are armed and they are eager to kill and destroy, while we are not.  So . . . .

Those insurrectionists are started to say, "I just did what the President told me to do.  The President invited me into the Capitol."  If one of them was arrested for entering a restricted area without authorization and not theft or property damage, is Presidential invitation a valid defense?

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Idiotic as this is; am I the only one that sees just a glimmer of glimpse of a sliver of something to be optimistic about here? As an expression of empathy, coming from a MAGA clown, it's shocking. That's a kind of progress isn't it?

Nah. They’d been bitching about cis white heterosexual people(especially men) had been oppressed forever.

Hasn’t actually made them  more likely to be sympathetic to the grievances stemming from people being non white, not heterosexual, or not cis, or not a man.

11 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Those insurrectionists are started to say, "I just did what the President told me to do.  The President invited me into the Capitol."  If one of them was arrested for entering a restricted area without authorization and not theft or property damage, is Presidential invitation a valid defense?

The POTUS telling other people to break the law is not, actually, a defense against breaking the law. See Nixon et al. Point of fact, it is something of an illegal act in and of itself. 

Trump trolls on my Facebook continue to double down on two points:

1 - the Capital Riot was a 'left wing' operation 

2 - Biden will never be president

I have been wondering about the sheer scale of the psychological crash these people will experience after Biden's inauguration.  Are there enough shrinks and 12 step programs in the whole country to treat this many people? 

Man arrested at inauguration checkpoint with gun, ammo
Wesley Allen Beeler was stopped at the checkpoint near the U.S. Capitol on Friday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/16/man-arrested-inauguration-security-checkpoint-gun-ammo-459890

Police have arrested a man with a handgun and 500 rounds of ammunition at a checkpoint in Washington set up ahead of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

Wesley Allen Beeler of Front Royal, Virginia, was charged with carrying a pistol without a license after being stopped at the checkpoint near the U.S. Capitol on Friday.

54 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Trump trolls on my Facebook continue to double down on two points:

1 - the Capital Riot was a 'left wing' operation 

2 - Biden will never be president

I have been wondering about the sheer scale of the psychological crash these people will experience after Biden's inauguration.  Are there enough shrinks and 12 step programs in the whole country to treat this many people? 

They’ll just move the goalposts again. Guarantee they start saying Trump lost on purpose so he could more easily infiltrate the satanic pedo club and bring it down from the inside. 

Hmm I watched a snippet of Bill Maher tonight.

And his insistence on the capital riot being due to Democrats failure to listen to the complaints of the working class whites(who are reminded constantly they’re toxic because they’re white) left a sour taste in my mouth. 

It falls squarely in line with some on the rights to downplay the severity of what happened.

Heres’s a comment from someone on Facebook:

I saw a guy with the buffalo hat, a little guy with a blank look, and a couple of guys with long hear and beards. I did no see any corporate types.”

They we’re just powerless people. Poor people we should pity.

Or sympathize with.

11 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

And his insistence on the capital riot being due to Democrats failure to listen to the complaints of the working class whites(who are reminded constantly they’re toxic because they’re white) left a sour taste in my mouth. 

I desperately hope the Democrats continue to fail to listen to the fascist and racist complaints of the people that stormed the Capitol.

Chris Cuomo has invited the lawyers for a couple of people who have been charged with offenses to come on air and explain how they were going to defend their clients. The most recent one I saw was a lawyer for a guy who pitched a fire extinguisher into a crowd of policemen and hit a couple of them.

This is not the guy who hit the police officer who died. No one was injured, or at least not seriously injured. His lawyer says this guy, a retired firefighter, has had a career of public service and no criminal record of any kind. He’s very sorry for what he did and was relieved that no one was hurt. And besides, the fire extinguisher was empty. :ack:

Also, he was behind the building, had no idea anyone had entered the building, and he did not  enter the building. All kinds of people were throwing stuff, and his client just picked up the fire extinguisher and just tossed it. And golly, gee, he’s very sorry.

Cuomo looked like he wanted to puke.

6 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I also read he had Kellyanne Conway as a guest. No matter how critical his questions might have been, to give her this platform... uh.

Conway's career owes a considerable debt to Maher.  Her, Ann Coulter, and Laura Ingraham were staples on Politically Incorrect.

19 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Chris Cuomo has invited the lawyers for a couple of people who have been charged with offenses to come on air and explain how they were going to defend their clients. The most recent one I saw was a lawyer for a guy who pitched a fire extinguisher into a crowd of policemen and hit a couple of them.

This is not the guy who hit the police officer who died. No one was injured, or at least not seriously injured. His lawyer says this guy, a retired firefighter, has had a career of public service and no criminal record of any kind. He’s very sorry for what he did and was relieved that no one was hurt. And besides, the fire extinguisher was empty. :ack:

Also, he was behind the building, had no idea anyone had entered the building, and he did not  enter the building. All kinds of people were throwing stuff, and his client just picked up the fire extinguisher and just tossed it. And golly, gee, he’s very sorry.

Cuomo looked like he wanted to puke.

Really don't understand people wanting to destroy their lives this way, much less what they are doing to our country. Especially when you consider the buffoonish family this is all in service of.

It sucks, kind of in the way when you hear about some drunk driver that killed someone. Doesn't mean I don't want the drunk driver to do jail time.

28 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Yep, sounds like Maher.

I also read he had Kellyanne Conway as a guest. No matter how critical his questions might have been, to give her this platform... uh.

To be clear I’m not against attempts to stop radicalization like this from the social and communal front.

But Maher’s spell one of the people who were likely going to lynch congress was very nauseating.

She was a pretty white woman who served in the armed forces, and who whose business was struggling.

It was almost in the same vein of Tucker Carlson asking “What if she was your daughter?” trying to illicit for a woman whose efforts if she succeeded would have destroyed Democracy in America.

41 minutes ago, DMC said:

I desperately hope the Democrats continue to fail to listen to the fascist and racist complaints of the people that stormed the Capitol.

But shouldn’t we pretend their grievances are economic oriented despite multiple studies showing Trump’s support comes from whites anxiety over loss racial and patriarchal dominance in America?

Kidding. Of course not.

Archived