Ser Aliser Thorne after a Targaryen Restoration

Bowen 747

7 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

I would consider releasing Ser Aliser from the watch and making him Lord of Storm's End.

Daenerys should give Aliser that option.  The Baratheons would have been merciless if they had caught Willem Darry and the Targaryen children on Dragonstone long ago.  She should not show any leniency to the Baratheons.  I would exile the surviving Baratheons and give SE to Thorne or some other loyal supporter. 

8 hours ago, Bowen 747 said:

I would consider releasing Ser Aliser from the watch and making him Lord of Storm's End.

House Thorne is a landed house from the Crownlands, and Ser Alliser is already over fifty years, I doubt he would be able to make any heirs by the time this ends and he survives. And he's also not the only men at the watch who is there for fighting on the Targaryen side.

What actually makes me curious is that how will he react when/if Jon't true identity will be exposed.

Dany could do that.  Aegon could as well.  But give him Storm's End?  I think not.  The storm lands is a powerful incentive and gift to somebody who brings more to the table.  Thorne is a good and loyal man but his house does not bring enough men and resources to the Targaryen cause.  The kids should give him a large holding of fertile lands taken from the Baratheons and give him a share of gold taken from the Lannisters.

Ser Alester could go all Greatjon on Jon (if Jon is somehow legitimate) when he finds out that he's Rhaegar's heir.  It would be an amusing turn of events.  I don't think Jon would do him favours though or return him from the wall.

What's so special about Aliser Thorne that he warrants release from his vows?  He hasn't done any great heroic deeds, nor is he from a hugely prominent family.  Plus, it sets a bad precedent.  Nights Watch vows should mean something, especially since taking them means that those who sent you there know they won't be seeing your ugly face again.

Edric Storm is a perfectly good choice for the position.  He is Robert Baratheon's acknowledged bastard son, and is a known quantity in the Stormlands.  If that doesn't work, pick an existing Lord (Evenstar of Tarth, perhaps?).  I can see no advantage to choosing Thorne, though.

It might make sense that Dany, for example, would want to compensate Targaryen-loyalists who were sent to the Wall simply for being Targaryen-loyalists. I don't think Thorne has done anything meriting a special reward, but compensation might be another thing - provided Dany did not think these loyalists had actually committed treason by not running away from the Wall over the years to find and serve the exiled royal children. Now, there is the question if a royal pardon can make one's vows null and void - but it is also a question if the NW would still exist at that point. Anyway, a black brother does not necessarily have to serve the realm on the Wall. So perhaps Thorne could be made the royal master-at-arms, so he could continue doing a wonderful job training the little Targs of the future in the art of weapons. He'd have no more reason to complain about the pedigree of his students, and that should make him happy.

Alliser Thorne deserves high rewards for his dislike of Jon and his general asshatness. That's really what this is about. Should give Storm's End to Bowen Marsh instead, at least he tried to kill Jon. Alliser's bark is worse than his bite and Bowen can be called the Stormy Pomegranate. 

Storm's End has fallen to Aegon. So I'm thinking he gets first dibs on who he wants to give it to.

3 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Alliser Thorne deserves high rewards for his dislike of Jon and his general asshatness. That's really what this is about.

:bowdown:

3 hours ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Should give Storm's End to Bowen Marsh instead, at least he tried to kill Jon. Alliser's bark is worse than his bite and Bowen can be called the Stormy Pomegranate

:commie:Beautiful 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 6:01 AM, Daeron the Daring said:

House Thorne is a landed house from the Crownlands, and Ser Alliser is already over fifty years, I doubt he would be able to make any heirs by the time this ends and he survives. And he's also not the only men at the watch who is there for fighting on the Targaryen side.

What actually makes me curious is that how will he react when/if Jon't true identity will be exposed.

You mean after he finds out that Snowball's father is the wildling, Mance Rayder.  It doesn't matter.  Snowball is a wight by now. 

Archived