Small Unworthy Things, Starting with Blue Monday

Fragile Bird

11 minutes ago, DMC said:

Isn't that the tale of Jonah?

Not really considering the guy wasn't in one of the whale's stomachs for any amount of time. Interestingly when first looking this up I came across a story of a sailor who was said to have been cut out of a Sperm whale's stomach after being in their for a few days. I thought it was BS before I read it, but wow, I learned too much about how the four stomachs of a whale work and safe to say nobody could survive the first chamber.

On 6/6/2021 at 6:45 PM, larrytheimp said:

The coffee enemas were super popular with the La Jolla health crowd when I lived in San Diego.  My bosses wife was a vocal proponent of them, I remember some of the places that did these offered group discounts and it was like a Tupperware party, but for washing out buttholes.

Fuckin’ Californians.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, Fragile Bird said:

snip

I’ve been listening to Dan Carlin’s latest podcast episode about the war in the Pacific (supernova in the east) which he sort of anchors around the unique aspects of the Japanese people during the time period and acts ranging from brave and admirable to abhorrent and pants-shitting horrifying. The series is a really good listen if you are interested in the Pacific theater during WWII and have like 15 hours to kill.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:44 AM, Raja said:

So...coffee enemas are a thing? ( They most certainly are not, please do not do this)

Those have been around for more than 30 years.  I remember when Michael Landon went on the Tonight Show and told Carson that he was doing coffee enemas in order to relieve the pain caused by his pancreatic cancer.

I’m not going to die. At least not of undetected skin cancer or post covid heart/lung damage. Yay. 

I suppose one should always be happy to “waste” 6 hours and $400 on positive health news and so no complaints. Not even about the awful service of the provider. 

4 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

My mother has to go in for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning and has been on a liquid diet today, so to show her support, I'm doing the liquid diet with her.

Just don't take the laxatives in support of her. 

I'm just talking about pies you buy at the supermarket.  Nothing special.  Bought two more.  Why is the Safeway store pie so much better than other store pies?  The Freddie's store pie is not very good at all.

In other news we went to the vet earlier today and my cat has healthy teeth and freshly trimmed front nails. 

Heatwave. It’s going to be a max of 40C on Thursday. 

The game plan is to get up at 3-4am to open windows, because the only time it’s under 25C is between 3-7ish. 

well, not getting the AC fixed was bound to bite me in the arse. As was not getting the AC cleaned for my mum.  For the record, this kind of heatwave in June is unprecedented and unexpected. We usually get these torturous couple weeks in August. And just 4 weeks ago it was so cold most were still heating. 

I'm currently locked out of twitter because some dumb ass was saying the sun's good for you so if can't give you cancer. I countered with water's good for you too, so he should hold his head underwater. I guess someone reported me for encouraging self harm or something. Technically true I suppose but I appealed on the basis that it was rhetorical and if I have to delete my single tweet he has to delete his several encouraging not using sunscreen and staring at the sun. (seriously)

Apparently I'm low priority for Twitter since it's been a day and I'm still waiting for the appeal.

58 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

I'm currently locked out of twitter because some dumb ass was saying the sun's good for you so if can't give you cancer. I countered with water's good for you too, so he should hold his head underwater. I guess someone reported me for encouraging self harm or something. Technically true I suppose but I appealed on the basis that it was rhetorical and if I have to delete my single tweet he has to delete his several encouraging not using sunscreen and staring at the sun. (seriously)

Apparently I'm low priority for Twitter since it's been a day and I'm still waiting for the appeal.

And the downside to being banned is...?

Archived