Small Unworthy Things, Starting with Blue Monday

Fragile Bird

I’m sorry about all the rambling, but this was just too good. 

I don’t often dream, but when I do, my word, it’s pure gold. I dreamed a black & white early 40s film drama of my grandparents wedding. It was great, I forget the details very quickly, but I do remember that is was better than any actual film or series I watched in a while. Tension, excitement, tears, laughter, Vespa rides, vintage gowns, those shallow champagne glasses, happy ending. What a fun way to sleep. 

And then I dreamed about being fired. I don’t think I ever dreamt about being fired. I suppose that says a bit about the job security I feel :lol: 

Four years ago I lined my dressing table drawers with navy blue velvet. And I made the lining removable for the bottoms of the drawers, so it’d be easier to clean and maintain in the future. Today here I am disassembling the table, about to vacuum the drawers, when I remembered that I can just take out the lining and lint-roller it. Which I haven’t done once in the past four years. I suppose this pretty much sums up my life.

11 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Stepped in dog shit on the way into work today and didn’t notice.

I didn’t find out until I got home.

So THAT is where the smell was coming from. 

Better to walk dogshit round the office than your house. 

I am looking at advertisments for flats to rent in the town where I work, to avoid the long commute and to finally move out of my parents' home.

There are barely any flats that are suitable for me. Currently, there is only one ad posted that would be of interest for me, and that one is slightly too expensive. :( (Still cheaper than in the bigger cities, I suppose.)

It is a very small town. I would not think of moving there if it weren't for the job.

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Every time I try and play frozen for my daughter on disney plus on my phone it makes my phone freeze, any other film wouldn't bother me but the coincidence is just too much. 

Please don't let it bother you too much.

I think you may just need to.....Let It Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

I was staying in a hotel the other night and when I lay down to go to sleep I noticed an alarming buzzing noise coming from the wall outlet a few inches from my head. Further inspection showed it was actually coming from the usb jack, which was above the plug socket. Checking online, I found this is apparently the whirring of the converter which powers down the current to usb level. It’s supposed to be outside the range of human hearing, which was clearly untrue. So, not a potential fire hazard but very annoying when you’re trying to sleep.

Watched the blade runner marathon yesterday and man, both those movies on the big screen are gorgeous.

1. It's kind of hilarious that OG blade runner has better effects/ CGI than current day shows like The Expanse

2. How good is Blade Runner 2049? Absolutely no one was crying out for a sequel but Villeneuve somehow manage to pull it off. It's gorgeous and an excellent follow up. The soundtrack is not as good as the OG one, but it's amazing to me that the blade runner sequel ended up being so good.

3. Also, I didn't think I could handle both movies in one sitting but being post nights and beer helped! ( All cinemas should serve alcohol)

Archived