Small Unworthy Things, Starting with Blue Monday

Fragile Bird

I wonder, why is there a raging heat wave when I’m in the city and “cold wave” (aka normal weather) when I’m out of the city, so there’s no chance for me to cool down my apartment? Or you know what, no, I don’t need to wonder. I bet this is my - not undeserved - punishment for not getting the AC fixed for three consecutive years. :ack:

On 8/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Very much regretting getting the ghost pepper chicken burger while out with a friend. They weren't lying....

Because you touched something you shouldn't afterwards? Or just the heat when eating? 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Because you touched something you shouldn't afterwards? Or just the heat when eating? 

It was the heat. Most people here in the upper Midwest have pretty bland palates, so when something is listed as being really hot you can assume it's probably what a lot of people would consider medium hot. Not this, and they slathered a ton of the sauce on the bun so it just kind of exploded in my mouth. 

It was good though once I got used to the heat. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It was the heat. Most people here in the upper Midwest have pretty bland palates, so when something is listed as being really hot you can assume it's probably what a lot of people would consider medium hot. Not this, and they slathered a ton of the sauce on the bun so it just kind of exploded in my mouth. 

It was good though once I got used to the heat. 

Wait till the next day when it come out. 

Walking home last night I saw someone get a dominos delivery, I then timed the walk to the actual takeaway. 39 seconds, I don't think I've ever seen anything more lazy in my life. They are fully able, I've seen them walking around the estate. 

On my way to the supermarket I saw a woman sitting on the wide stairs leading up to NYU faculty housing.  She was feeding the squirrels who live community garden/Manhattan Island pocket museum of 'original' coverage of tree and bush varieties.  She was feeding them with a spoon!  "I share my over-ripe avocadoes with the squirrels.  They LOVE avocado!"

And so they did.  Crouched right at her knees, eating it from a spoon!  New one on me.

Damn I’m out of practice playing Hold’em.

Went from $140 to $320 in 20 minutes. (I flopped a queen high flush and someone chased the king high and missed)

Ended up leaving with only $70 just 30 minutes later.(I flopped two pair with A4. The other guy flopped two pair with A10)

27 minutes ago, Hereward said:

Just won a Hold em night after rebuying after two hands when my pocket aces, with an A22 flop saw me go all in against pocket 2s. Quite a night!

Wait what?

You had AAA 22, but they had 2222A?

Did you turn or river the fourth Ace?

Or do you mean you lost with your full house to quads, but came back after rebuying?

7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Wait what?

You had AAA 22, but they had 2222A?

Did you turn or river the fourth Ace?

Or do you mean you lost with your full house to quads, but came back after rebuying?

The latter.

11 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I saw a little hare on the morning walkies. A little Peter or Petra rabbit, it was so adorable, it made my day. 

I visit the cemetery regularly to water the flowers on my parents’ graves, usually in the evening. There often are bunnies running around, although last year one night there was a very large coyote lying in the grass, munching on a snack which I suspect was one of the bunnies. They disappeared for a while after that. A couple of weeks ago I went, quite late, and when I went to water a bush I had planted between headstones these little eyes peered up at me. There were 3 or 4 wee bunnies sheltering under it. It was sweet.

49 minutes ago, L'oiseau français said:

I visit the cemetery regularly to water the flowers on my parents’ graves, usually in the evening. There often are bunnies running around, although last year one night there was a very large coyote lying in the grass, munching on a snack which I suspect was one of the bunnies. They disappeared for a while after that. A couple of weeks ago I went, quite late, and when I went to water a bush I had planted between headstones these little eyes peered up at me. There were 3 or 4 wee bunnies sheltering under it. It was sweet.

Awwwww, it melts my heart, little darlings. We often see hares as well, I’d say every third or fourth walkies, almost always in the morning. But I’ve never seen one quite as young as we saw today. 

I wish I was living close enough to people with whom I could learn to play this game.  But nobody I know right here, such as Partner, would want to do any such thing, as they do other things that cover this kind of ground.

https://slate.com/culture/2021/08/wingspan-board-game-elizabeth-hargrave-review-profile.html

Or maybe this should go in in the Bird Mafia thread?

Archived