US Politics: Pardon our trespassing and those who have trespassed US

A Horse Named Stranger

I am concerned what would be insurrectionists are doing right now. While the enhanced security may have scared them away; what happens a week, a month from now? Surely some of the disaffected will try something crazy, and it almost seems as you'd have to be on high alert for a significant amount of time.

Conversely, since Trump has (ungraciously) conceded defeat, maybe the temperature of the nation has dropped and a lot of motivation for the seditionistas has gone away. We'll see.....

As long as Biden does not itnerefere with the investigation, it shouldn't be a problem for him.

If Hunter got convicted, Biden could always point out, his son made a mistake, and is paying for it.

I mean, Joe can't really interfere there. The rule of law has taken quite a few hits in the US during the past couple of years, so he knows he can't just wave a pardon or make it go away.

1 minute ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I am concerned what would be insurrectionists are doing right now. While the enhanced security may have scared them away; what happens a week, a month from now? Surely some of the disaffected will try something crazy, and it almost seems as you'd have to be on high alert for a significant amount of time.

Conversely, since Trump has (ungraciously) conceded defeat, maybe the temperature of the nation has dropped and a lot of motivation for the seditionistas has gone away. We'll see.....

Don't worry, they are now moving to Canada. Like so many liberals did four years ago.

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

As long as Biden does not itnerefere with the investigation, it shouldn't be a problem for him.

If Hunter got convicted, Biden could always point out, his son made a mistake, and is paying for it.

Geez, have you drunk the Republican kool-aid?

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

Geez, have you drunk the Republican kool-aid?

How so, I used the hypothetical if he was convicted. Which is far from certain, as he is not even indicted,yet. If the investigators find nothing, then there's even less to talk to about.

18 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Surely the US has a pretty unique system, but in the entire world leaders that took the pandemic seriously, followed scientific advice and even insisted on lockdowns saw their popularity increase, and the ones that ran for reelection this year won. Is quite possible that if Hillary was in office, the same thing would happen to her.

Nah. The last four years have convinced me that the US is indeed a special snowflake -- of dumb, over-privileged chuds who would rather burn the world down than confront their own ignorance.

Right wing terrorists plotted to kidnap Michigan's governor because they couldn't deal with mask mandates. The uprising against Hillary Clinton for trying to get a whole country full of dumb MAGAts to wear masks might well be the boogaloo these chuds have been asking for.

Apparently 6 SCOTUS justices are attending the inauguration, the three who aren't are Breyer, Thomas, and Alito. If it were just Thomas and Alito, I'd believe it was a snub (and maybe it is). But since Breyer also isn't there, I wonder if those they are the three justices that haven't gotten the second COVID vaccine shot yet. There was a story yesterday that Roberts had gotten the second shot, and that some other justices also had, but not all of them.

Not an important point, just a bit of a curiosity.

Or Thomas and Alito are snubbing, and Breyer is pissed off about feeling like he's being pressured to retire. Who knows?

17 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

Forgot to respond to this from a while back, but realistically, can you censure them for pursuing legal (dumb, but legally available) objections to the EC results:? What they should be censured for is any part in instigating the Capitol insurrection. Now the events of that day are a bit of a blur for me regarding what Cruz/Hawley did in terms of instigation, but it requires a simple majority in the Senate to do such a censure, and Mittens will most likely not be required for it.

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I’m getting bored now.

Roy Blunt has that effect.

5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

The uprising against Hillary Clinton for trying to get a whole country full of dumb MAGAts to wear masks might well be the boogaloo these chuds have been asking for.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.  I agree this would definitely be the case, but that doesn't preclude Hillary from getting to 270.

The greetings among Harris, Emhoff, Obama and Michelle was so moving.  I can only imagine what these four people are feeling.  Harris is so good smiling. Even masked, her eyes tell you she's smiling, and how broadly.

I'm watching on the Washington Post's live stream. I am feeling even more strongly, immensely more so, with all that's happened, and then the pandemic and insurrection, I am seeing history live. The speakers and the organization of this century's old ceremony and ritual, are doing very well at sending us this message.

Lady Gaga!

5 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Is the priest part over yet? 

I can't wait for an atheist president. Man that overwrought diatribe is a bit much.

Archived