US Politics: Pardon our trespassing and those who have trespassed US

A Horse Named Stranger

Jeez, Biden's family bible is massive. It looks like a tome Indiana Jones would go through to find a clue about where the holy grail is hidden.

Also, hey, President Biden!

13 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Trump has talked to associates about forming new political party: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/534952-trump-has-talked-to-associates-about-forming-new-political-party

If it gains traction, it might be the perfect time to form a real leftist party. Then the rest of us centrists over here would have some peace and quiet, you know?

2 minutes ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

If it gains traction, it might be the perfect time to form a real leftist party. Then the rest of us centrists over here would have some peace and quiet, you know?

Or continue to drag Dems leftward and let the detritus find solace in the GOP.

2 minutes ago, Week said:

Or continue to drag Dems leftward and let the detritus find solace in the GOP.

I don't think so. For those of us who see middling change, sometimes small shifts to the right as understandable for the bigger picture, the Democratic party could finally operate that way if the left split off. That split would no longer guarantee Republicans a win if the Don's party had serious supporter base. We may sometimes lose to the left in elections, but if the core of America is centrist--which I have heard it is--this would be good for Dems.

5 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Of course, you have to let Biden think he is president for at least a few hours before you arrest him. All according to plan....Justice must be :eek: DRAMATIC! :eek: above all else.

Biden-face-wearing Trump is giving a hell of a speech.

46 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I am concerned what would be insurrectionists are doing right now. While the enhanced security may have scared them away; what happens a week, a month from now? Surely some of the disaffected will try something crazy, and it almost seems as you'd have to be on high alert for a significant amount of time.

Conversely, since Trump has (ungraciously) conceded defeat, maybe the temperature of the nation has dropped and a lot of motivation for the seditionistas has gone away. We'll see.....

As far as I know, Trump's list of last minute pardons didn't go to help any of his insurrectionists (many of whom have asked him for help). Maybe that's weighing on people's minds? I'm not a huge believer than deterrents actually work, but, hey, you never know.

Archived