Football: Leicester We Forget

polishgenius

It's easy to focus on how bad Chelsea are at the moment but let's acknowledge that Leicester have a genuine shot at winning the title again this year.

Also their recruitment and development is absolutely fantastic. Consistently bringing through players from the lower leagues or buying potentially bigger international stars at just the right point before they break out and developing them.

45 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Leicester's scouting is the best in the league. 

Yeah it’s hard to think of players they’ve gotten these last few years who’ve failed to work out. Maybe players like Slimani and Iheanacho could have done better, but looking around the squad they have so many guys who have stepped up and become some of the best players in the league.

They scouted and sold Kante and Mahrez for big money.. Danny Drinkwater was sold for big money for some reason! 

Hard to not be impressed. Having said that, their managerial choices outside of Rogers have been questionable, and credit has to go to him for their improvement.

18 minutes ago, baxus said:

@Daeron the Daring

That's quite a low bar to make one not a cunt, wouldn't you agree?

Crippleing someone is never intentional (with a very few exceptions), and it can happen with anyone. The guy who came up with Ramos intentionally crippleing and almost crippleing someone "on every game" isn't an argument, rather slandering. I did answer to that, I did not want to defend Ramos with him never crippleing someone.

But again, I don't want to countinue this "argument"...

29 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Crippleing someone is never intentional (with a very few exceptions), and it can happen with anyone. The guy who came up with Ramos intentionally crippleing and almost crippleing someone "on every game" isn't an argument, rather slandering. I did answer to that, I did not want to defend Ramos with him never crippleing someone.

But again, I don't want to countinue this "argument"...

Just to confirm, you are saying you agree he is a cunt, just not because he tries to cripple someone every game. 

31 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Just to confirm, you are saying you agree he is a cunt, just not because he tries to cripple someone every game. 

Cunt and dirty player are different levels of the same ladder.  I admitted he is a dirty player, some of the dirtiest. But the blind hatred he receives is not acceptable for me. This wasn't even the theme of the discussion, a guy came into the conversation and started being toxic, sayin that he's a cunt, and others came into too sayin that he intentionally tries to cripple other on the field everytime.

Or could it be someone needs to take off their fan-tinted glasses for a bit?

I mean, you being the only one saying he's not a cunt and everyone else wondering how anyone could say he's not a cunt should be enough of an indicator that he just might be a world-class cunt. In addition to being a world-class defender.

1 hour ago, baxus said:

Or could it be someone needs to take off their fan-tinted glasses for a bit?

As a Real Madrid I admitted that he is a pretty dirty player. Altough he does many faults, he does most of them for the sake of the team, and yes, a few for personal revenge too (I'm not denying in it obviously).

But this is the same case as what happened between him an Salah in the UCL final. Half of the word blindly 'judged' him for unintentionally falling on him. You may also see this case a different way, we're not the same.

Outside the field, tho, he is a very correct guy, his interviews are never provocative, unless he's not provoked. 

But I'll leave on you to believe whatever you want. Peace.

I think that as long as Chelsea were competing for a top 4 place then Lampard would be given until the end of the season. However, with only 7 points from their last 8 games they are in danger of being cut adrift. Their next three fixtures in the league are Wolves, Burnley and Spurs - I'd say Lampard needs to pick up at least 6 points to have any hope of staying in the job. 

Archived