Football: Leicester We Forget

polishgenius

United showed some maturity over the last games. They played a very tactically disciplined game at Anfield in the PL game, which gives them hopes to aim higher this season. 

I thought Liverpool had the best structure to win the league (before injuries) and they will challenge, but as time goes by it shows Man City are the main candidates. Also curious to see will United manage to stay consistent result-wise. Who knows how many twists we'll witness to this insane season. Only the end will tell. 

I'm glad that in Spain Atletico are probably winning it. 7 points and a game in hand will be hard to overcome for this Real Madrid side. It's only Simeone's title to lose at this rate.

Well, can't say I am surprised.

Roman has always been rather trigger happy regarding his managers. And they have been woefully underperforming for a while now.

Tuchel looks like a good fit on paper with their attacking talent. Let's see how this works out. Let's see how and if this works out. At least he can't complain about a lack of alternatives in that squad.

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Wonder if he fancies the Newcastle job? 

There are rumours (albeit from the very unreliable Talksport) that Celtic are considering him to take over from Lennon. 

Reports that Tuchel is already in London and will be announced as new Chelsea manager today. 

Benitez to Celtic was the rumour I got from a Celtic-supporting friend, which would be interesting but would presumably require Dermot Desmond to dig deep. Then again, Lampard would be cheaper but still cost quite a bit more than Lennon.

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

I think sacking him now is harsh

Meh. The mantra all last season was we'll really see what a manager he is when he gets to make some transfers, he got backed to the hilt in the market, and they've been absolutely piss, worse than last year and once the new keeper bounce, which occured against a run of weaker opposition anyway, ran out Lampard doesn't look to have had any ideas how to fix it.

They still haven't beaten a team in the top ten at the time they played (West Ham have since moved into it).

Lampard was doomed as soon as they spent all that money, especially when they spent all that money on players who didn’t immediately seem to fit into an existing system or any clear idea of how they could work together.

It seemed to be the plan to simply buy all the best young players in europe and figure out how to make that work later.

No chance was Lampard going to survive it. He did ok last year with lowered expectations, but he was clearly the wrong guy to manage a whole new intake of players and get them all gelling. Maybe if he’d had ten years more experience it would have been better for him but this was just too early.

Dont blame him taking the job in the first place but it was always gonna end like this.

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Wonder if he fancies the Newcastle job? 

Why would you wish that on your own club?

Not sure, what Newcastle's targets are/were for this season, but Steve the Bruce is keeping the relegation zone at a more or less safe distance for the moment. Well, at least at a larger distance than Chelsea is from the CL spots. So not sure what the Bruce has done to get sacked now.

On that note.

6 hours ago, Consigliere said:

There are rumours (albeit from the very unreliable Talksport) that Celtic are considering him to take over from Lennon. 

Hell no. I doubt the Celts will go there, at least I hope they won't. While I agree, that Lennon is begging to be sacked after that embarassing Qatar trip and his bizarre: We crashed the plane nose first in the runaway, but nobody died, except for the two casualties among the passengers, please remain seated. Press conference. But I really fail to see how Lampard would make this trainwreck of a season any better.

steve bruce fucking sucks. he is a tired old yes man for Mike Ashley putting out bullshit achaic formations, has the tactical vision of a dead badger and the players have given up because of it. 

and furthermore completely fuck the cowardly shitfucks in the top six who prevented the sale of newcastle.

4 minutes ago, MercenaryChef said:

and furthermore completely fuck the cowardly shitfucks in the top six who prevented the sale of newcastle.

What did the top six have to do with it? As far as I can tell the takeover ended coz the Fit and Proper Persons people got serious investigating the group and couldn't find clarity on who was actually in charge so they withdrew rather than give answers.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Meh. The mantra all last season was we'll really see what a manager he is when he gets to make some transfers, he got backed to the hilt in the market, and they've been absolutely piss, worse than last year and once the new keeper bounce, which occured against a run of weaker opposition anyway, ran out Lampard doesn't look to have had any ideas how to fix it.

They still haven't beaten a team in the top ten at the time they played (West Ham have since moved into it).

Idk I feel like everyone has been a bit shit at times this season. I think he deserved a little more time with all the new signings. Especially being a club legend hired with very little experience. Kinda harsh to fire him at the first road block. But it’s Chelsea

Archived