Football: Leicester We Forget

polishgenius

3 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Better than one season at Derby is an incredibly low bar!

Rangers are doing well this season, but how much of that is because Celtic mare massively shitting the bed? Without competition from them, the league doesn't offer all that much of a challenge.

He would need to either do extremely well in European competition, or move to another club in a stronger league and show he can make a difference there, to get me on side.

I agree with you on that, especially about one season at Derby not being enough for any of top Premier league clubs.

Still, I don't see what Gerrard could have done better with Rangers this season. Rangers have been way behind Celtic for ages now and Gerrard did turn that around, even if it turns out to be because Celtic are having a bad season.

As for him trying in a stronger league, I don't see who he could take over. I don't see him taking over anyone in the Premier League and it's not as if moving abroad has been a good career choice for English managers, especially ones with only a couple of seasons under their belt.

At this point I'm at "it would be insane if Gerrard would turn out to be the new Paisley" but I definitely wouldn't like to see him take Liverpool over without sufficient experience.

10 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I'd like him to have a track record at a higher level before he's considered for the Liverpool job but, to be fair, winning the league in Scotland for the first time in a decade with someone other than Celtic seems respectable. At least he's on a positive track anyway.

Respectable and the club Gerrard works for in one sentence, really?

38 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

18 months for Tuchel seems like a small window. I know there's a year option but on a team of young players with contracts longer than the manager, it's a bit weird.

Yeah, would have also expected it to be two and a half seasons, than one and a half. But this way, they can see whether Tuchel is as good a fit, as expected and discuss a potential extension around christmas time. If Roman pulled the trigger again, he'd save a bit of money. On the other hand, the squad itself looks really good, with no real obvious gap that needs to be filled. So this is not a remodeling of the squad job Tuchel needs to do, but rather a question if he could get the most out of the talent at his disposal, and it's also pretty much the kinda player he likes. Quick and technical group of players. In addition, I don't think that squad has any divas like Neymar he has to keep happy.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

See that Zlatan and Lukaku got into a tiff  then Zlatan got sent off for something unrelated.

Lukaku and Eriksen packed the ugly cunt and sent him home. He told Lukaku to "go and and do his vodoo shit" and something about his mother. Scumbag. 

He got sent off because he tackled Kolarov behind his back and it was a second yellow. 

15 hours ago, Raja said:

I know there was some conversation about him being better on the left ( i also thought that was probably his best position), but he's playing his best football for us on the right at the moment.

Agreed and I've liked Pepe on the left actually. Funny how that works. 

19 hours ago, john said:

:rolleyes: Well, at least you refrained from using a bigoted slur this time.

Fine, I will add another description to satisfy your request.

Sevco FC. The Dead Snow of Football clubs. An undead zombie with far right followers.

4 hours ago, Mexal said:

Agreed and I've liked Pepe on the left actually. Funny how that works. 

It's interesting how when he's on the right Pepe's first touch is otherwordly bad, so off the mark it's just confusing to figure out what he's trying to do, whereas on the left it's just not very good and he can compensate for it.

Archived