Football: Leicester We Forget

polishgenius

Holy wow, a goal! I thought for sure that Mane had messed it up with his bobbly cross, but it was close enough that even Firmino couldn't miss!

Spurs will have to actually try in the second half now, so the game might be a bit more fun.

Well, until Son equalises and Spurs go back to the bus anyway. I give it five minutes of the second half, because I'm feeling optimistic today.

It didn't hit Firmino's hand, he controlled it deliberately on purpose to set up the move that led to the goal. Come on. It doesn't matter where on the pitch he did it it was clearly the same move.

You could make an argument about Dier fouling him but it was hardly stonewall.

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It didn't hit Firmino's hand, he controlled it deliberately on purpose to set up the move that led to the goal. Come on. It doesn't matter where on the pitch he did it it was clearly the same move.

Sure. I’ve got no problem with giving a handball if the ref had seen it at the time. My issue is spending five minutes to rule out excellent goals by going back to adjudicate on 50-50 challenges on the halfway line (it was a clear foul by Dyer). Who cares? It’s just tedious.

Spurs had more possession than they did in the game at Anfield - they actually had around 60% possession in the 2nd half last night. However, they were unable to counterattack nearly as effectively as they did in the game at Anfield. Kane getting injured was a big blow and shows just how crucial he is - their transition play went dead in the first half as soon as Kane was not moving well and they were completely toothless in the 2nd half without him despite dominating possession.

Lots of credit must also go to Klopp though for the defensive organisation and tactical discipline that he's instilled in the team. Every other team in the league would have been having serious defensive issues if they had to regularly play midfielders and a kid from the academy (who's not quite ready for this level yet) at CB.

Archived