Football: Leicester We Forget

polishgenius

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Phillips is basically a Championship level centreback. Like I said, Kabak makes sense, as he is already pretty good at age 20, altho still a bit raw. So he can really compete with Matip and Gomez over the spot next van Dijk next season (I am assuming they will make the move permanent). I just really don't see the point of shipping in somebody, who will presumably be the 5th choice CB next season. It would've made more sense to either get some veteran on a short term (or loan) deal, or bring in some gifted talent from a top club, which is not getting game time, because their first choice centrebacks are not spending the rest of the season out injured.

Ofc, Liverpool's scouting department knows the players they brought in better than I do (especially from second tier English teams), so there's every chance to prove me wrong.

I think with Davies they may not be even thinking to next season.  Liverpool are still fighting for trophies on a number of fronts, and this season Davies may be #3 centre back for the remainder.  For 2 million pounds plus a (probably) relatively low salary, that may be a good source of cover for the next 4-5 months.  If he's got potential, then that's a bonus as well.  

You're also assuming that they didn't spend the transfer window unsuccessfully finding anyone decent who would be loaned. 

Really good performance from Brighton. They deserved to win that. They've been playing much better football than their league position would suggest all season. If their forwards were not fluffing chances left, right and centre, Brighton would have been in the top half of the table.

I think Liverpool will get at least a point against City. The team did look a bit jaded last night but Liverpool do have a knack of picking themselves up for the big games - while they looked clueless against Burnley and Brighton, they did roll over Spurs and West Ham quite easily.

Lingardinho is back!

I’ve always liked Spurs, despite being a West Ham fan, mainly because the other half of my family and friends support them, but Christ, the new Spurs are so pathetic and boring, I just want to see them lose every game until that twat gets sacked. How long can this dinosaur get given talented squads and lots of money and shit the bed while playing like they’re in a relegation battle and need a point to survive?

In other news. The first leg of Leipzig - Liverpool in the CL, won't take place. At least not in Germany.

The UK being a highly infectious area, the Germany has banned travellers from the UK entering Germany. No exception for Liverpool FC. Now Leipzig have till monday to name an alternate venue, or have the game lost by forfeit.

As much as I’d appreciate Liverpool players getting a midweek rest just now instead of traveling for a CL game, if Leipzig did have to forfeit their home game because it’s unsafe for any English team to travel to Germany, it would make a mockery of the whole CL competition during COVID.  How is that Leipzig’s fault?

Not quite as bad as fans from then-hotspot Madrid traveling last year to bring COVID into the city of Liverpool, but showing the futility of the whole lark.

Archived