Football: Leicester We Forget

polishgenius

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Ah, I see he's busted out the old I was feeling poorly so I indiscriminately scoffed a bunch of random medicines excuse.

So he's either super-guilty, or super-dumb.

I believe Sakho won a judgment against the anti-doping agency that their messed-up procedure led to an incorrect ban which cost him his place in a European final and (he claims) contributed to losing his place at Liverpool.

I’m not saying Onana is neither guilty nor dumb, but I would have said Sakho looked really dumb for using fat burners back when he got banned.  And it turned out — too late to matter — that he hadn’t done anything wrong. 

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I ain't seen it but was it as bad as Jankewitz's challenge against us? Or was it more really dumb than violent?

More dumb, and it lasted about 5-6 seconds. Dier sliding towards Werner and then, while lying down, trying to kick the ball, fouling Werner in the process. And in the end, he still kicked the ball as if it was all regular, but naturally the ref didn't buy it. 

Greenwood is having a great game. His decision-making and bravery to make runs and forward passes when the shot isn't on has improved so much the last few weeks.

Pogba off injured, hopefully not serious coz he's been fantastic recently.

eta: Bruno is the best player in the world.

I guess we should thank Ole for putting on Tuanzabe, so he could make that free kick. 

On the negative side, it certainly seems Olsen isn't the answer to our GK situation. Pickford better than that, unfortunately. 

Meanwhile there's an update on the Leipzig - Liverpool game, and possible venues.

Mintzlaff (big boss of Red Bull's Leipzig footballing branch) said there are now two to three options on the table. He named two.

1. The game takes place in England, at Tottenham to be precise.

2. The game takes place in Budapest, Hungary (obviously).

13 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

1. The game takes place in England, at Tottenham to be precise.

That doesn't make sense since Leipzig would then have to quarantine for ten days would they not? Would seem odd if Germany were to give them a pass on the rules when Liverpool didn't.

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

That doesn't make sense since Leipzig would then have to quarantine for ten days would they not? Would seem odd if Germany were to give them a pass on the rules when Liverpool didn't.

Permanent reisdency in Germany = exemption. Issue for Liverpool would not so much be quarantine, but that for non-residents (in Germany) travel from the UK to Germany is banned.

Quarantine rules had excluded some possible alternate venues likesay Austria. There both teams would have to quarantine.

So if you were in England you could return. But as British expats can and did attest on twitter, there were quite a few hoops (proof of residency) for them to get back to Germany.

Next fixture that will presumably will have to get moved is gonna be City - Gladbach. There Gladbach seems to be in talks to move their home game to Denmark. Ofc Gladbach has a bit more time to come up with a solution, and there's also the off chance that the travel restrictions from England won't be extended (Spoiler: they will).

We sure do love shooting ourselves in the foot. De Gea was wank and Everton took full advantage of our braindead defending.

12 hours ago, polishgenius said:

There's been reports that our game against Sociedad might have to be moved to a neutral venue as well.

Archived