NFL 2021 By Henne Means Necessary

mcbigski

When I made my prediction earlier, I meant to also say I thought Fournette would be the key to the game.

I just didn’t think the defense would be this huge though.

Im assuming Brady will get MVP and likely deservedly so, but Fournette with the running and short reception game has been huge.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

The one with the Clydesdales. They got me. I even sighed and said, "Oh a Clydesdale ad."

Budweiser announced weeks ago they weren’t doing an ad this year, so it opened up the chance.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Been saying all week the Bucs would win, but I didn't think the Chiefs would be this pathetic. 

Picked a great day to start reading Watchmen. 

I read that for the first time back in April when Governor had me shut down.

7 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

Looked it up at halftime,  only one team ever didn't score a TD in the Superbowl. Not looking good. 

Awful game,  awful ads, thoroughly mediocre halftime show. Bummer.

Eh... Super Bowl 6, Dolphins only scored 3 points.  Then two years ago Rams only scored 3.  Minnesota had 6 points once.  Didn’t dig into it too much, but I’m assuming that was two field goals.

ETA:  And Super Bowl 18; Washington scored 9 points.  

So on four occasions, looks like a team didn’t score a touchdown.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm a believer in momentum, and those calls definitely hurt the Chiefs, but even so, they have been entirely unremarkable in all phases.  If you had only seen this one game you would wonder how they managed to get to the SB.  

This is why I was worn out by all the talk of Mahomes as if he was the best QB to ever lace them up.  Dan Marino never made it back to a Super Bowl.  Aaron Rodgers has never been back.

Its too early to anoint Mahomes.

Hes great, but let’s see where he is in six more years.

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

This is why I was worn out by all the talk of Mahomes as if he was the best QB to ever lace them up.  Dan Marino never made it back to a Super Bowl.  Aaron Rodgers has never been back.

Don't forget Young, Favre, and Brees. I know the easy moral of this story is that it's more Brady than Belichick, but they needed each other to go to nine and win six.

Bucs were better in every aspect and didn’t have any big weaknesses.  It helped them to get those favorable hold/PI calls so they could run up a big lead, but they would have won anyway.

Chiefs had their own good fortune with a narrow goal-line stop early on but, aside for a string of good Kelce catches, they just didn’t do much. 

I enjoyed the game, appreciate good def play. I was rooting for Tampa for a couple reasons, I like Brady and Gronk, TB hasn't won it in almost 20 years and they play good def. Also, sick of Mahommes being crowned as the new improved GOAT, seems a little premature. They really need to shore up their def.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Eh... Super Bowl 6, Dolphins only scored 3 points.  Then two years ago Rams only scored 3.  Minnesota had 6 points once.  Didn’t dig into it too much, but I’m assuming that was two field goals.

ETA:  And Super Bowl 18; Washington scored 9 points.  

So on four occasions, looks like a team didn’t score a touchdown.

That's what I get for being a baseball guy watching football, then trusting the first hit Google! Those sons'a'bitches! I shoulda known better.

chAMPA BrAdY's defense was the MVP for sure.

I enjoyed seeing A.B., Suh, Gronk, J.P.Pierre and the Goat all put exclamations on great careers.

Now they all need to exit on top cause they ain't topping this performance another year older.

Brady really was a tactician playing the field like a pool hall master.

Now bring on the future, it will belong to Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Tua, Lawrence, etc.

Nevertheless today belongs to Champa Brady, that was the most lopsided 31-9 beat down, it may as well have been 50-3. Tampa Bays D was fierce.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

And his contract must make it extremely difficult to put necessary talent around him. 

30 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

And his contract must make it extremely difficult to put necessary talent around him. 

Must be, because he made several difficult throws that it looked like his teammates were just zero help in making any tough grabs or big plays.

KC's D made the one good goal line stand, but the rest of the game their blockers were woefully outmatched. One good QB, a speedy receiver, and a great T.End does not a SB champ make when they lack in the rest of the team.

14 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Must be, because he made several difficult throws that it looked like his teammates were just zero help in making any tough grabs or big plays.

KC's D made the one good goal line stand, but the rest of the game their blockers were woefully outmatched. One good QB, a speedy receiver, and a great T.End does not a SB champ make when they lack in the rest of the team.

It just blows my mind that people would rather have 50 million a year, than 30 million and a better chance at winning.

Apart from anything else I bet Brady has made far more from endorsements that he got due to his success, than he lost by leaving money on the table to ensure his teams could contend every year. 

Archived