Acrophobia #40 - Happy New Year! - ROUND 5

Julia H.

5 hours ago, a free shadow said:

5 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Not having a time machine to move back to Jan. 3, I will not play.

However, if you can restrain your frenzy to next Friday, you might get more players, as I understand SWMBO and rocksniffer will be back on line on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks!

If we get several new players joining us during Round 2, they could do a separate Round 1 (with a different situation and different acronyms) between them to gain points and not to be at a disadvantage during the rest of the game. Any thoughts on that?

ROUND 1 Authors

1. Indulgent holidays, Qhorin! To malt, lamb roast, overeating! RB

2. Mother bless all, irritating rangers. Kisses. LG

3. A toast flies nigh restless, let's pledge: bring drinks, grog! DG

4. Aye, testicles frozen.  Night remains long.  Peace, Brothers.  Do good. JB

5. Agenda (tentative): Fraternal non-belligerent reunion. Let’s plot bloodless directions, giggle. C

6. Important happenings Qhorin.  Take my letter regarding Others . . . HH

ROUND 1 Results

RB: 1+1+3+1+2+2+3+2= 15

LG: 1+1+2+3+2=9

DG: 1+1+1+1+1=5

JB: 1+1+3+3+2=10

C: 1+1+2+1=5

HH: 1+1+2+1+3=8

STANDINGS

RB 15

JB 10

LG 9

HH 8

DG + C 5

The winner of ROUND 1 is @RhaenysBee with a very real New Year’s wish, which was rewarded with points by all players! Both RhaenysBee and @Jez Bell received 1st place votes twice, winning two extra points each, with Jez Bell finishing the round in second place. Our newbie, @Lilac & Gooseberries earned third place with a new voice and a very promising start! @Howlin' Howland is just one point behind, carrying a sober warning from Mance to Qhorin, because New’s Eve or not, the cause of humanity cannot wait. @Castellan delighted the host with the largest number of New Year’s wishes, @Dolorous Gabe won the “Most Poetic Entry” award (but no points) from the host, while @Ser Not Appearing remained true to his name (again). 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

These are actual words though :eek: :lol:  Love it! Was that intentional? I suppose it wasn’t an accident three times  in a row. 

Totally intentional. :D Good job finding it out!

2 hours ago, a free shadow said:

Never heard of him :ninja:

Now that you :ninja: have magically conjured this game out of thin air simply by wishing it to happen, will you join us and play? :cool4: :P

I'm very sorry for disappearing, real life distracted me for a few days. Now I'm here and ready to post your entries. 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, Jez Bell said:

Do we get some additional time as we wait for old friends?

Does anyone need more time?

Everyone has sent their entries.

ROUND 2 ENTRIES

1. Killing is neat. Cya soon.

2. Kickass adventures: Looting, occasional zany hijinks...  Absentia jeopardizes oversight.

3. Kin, a love of zealotry hastens all journeys onward.

4. Kinky incoming necromancer cries: Silence!

5. Kinfolk! Annual leisure, overcooked zander? Hardly attending. Joy on! 

6. Kneeling intimidates no captain's silence

Please, vote for your 3 favourite entries not later than Sunday, February 7th (6 p.m. Central European Time).

Archived