Acrophobia #40 - Happy New Year! - ROUND 5

Julia H.

16 hours ago, Castellan said:

if I had knowledge of Thumbelina, I would have lived differently. 

As a swallow once told me, Thumbelina was a girl who grew in a garden and had lots of adventures with marriage-inclined toads, shrews and cockchafers.

Swallows like to gossip. I do too, so I told everyone else!

ROUND 3 AUTHORS

1. Virginity is resalable; alliances gossamer.   C

2. Netted a gentleman, youngster? Mr and Mrs Imitation? DG

3. Nuptial advice Granddaughter:  yes, men are mostly imbeciles. HH

4. Thumbelina, uncharitable shrew keeps espying. Salutations! LG

5. Vigour, Intimacy? Rather aggravating gormlessness...  RB

6. Northerner's absurd gossip: Your man's apparently male-inclined. JB

ROUND 3 RESULTS

C: 1+1+1+1+2+3+3+1+3+2=18

DG: 1+1+2+2=6

HH: 1+1+1+3+3+1+2+3+2=17

LG: 1+1+1+2=5

RB: 1+1+3+2+1+1=9

JB: 1+1+2+3+2=9

STANDINGS

HH 16+17=33

RB 23+9=32

C 11+18=29

LG 21+5=26

JB 19+9=26

DG 13+6=19

Sound advice from Lady Olenna was the most popular choice this time. The winner of the round was Castellan, and Howlin' Howland was second only with a single point of difference! Having composed messages that Olenna's young granddaughter had better keep in mind, the two of them won more than half of all the available points and earned the highest number of first-place votes. As a result, Howlin' Howland has taken over the lead, with RhaenysBee following him just a step away. With a big jump,  Castellan has gained third place in the overall race, however, the chasing pack is quite close behind, so beware, all, and prepare for the next round!

ROUND 4

Happy New Year 300!

299 AC has considerably changed Westeros. A year has passed since our last round, and now King’s Landing is preparing for King Joffrey’s wedding, which is scheduled for the first day of the new year. It is always a good idea to send a very special New Year’s greeting to a king on such an occasion. At least that is how Littlefinger sees it, so he carefully composes a message to King Joffrey.

What is in the message?

You can choose from the following acronyms:

MEREGKEVERO

CSELVETES

JOMADAR

Deadline: Tuesday, February 23rd (9 p.m. Central European Time)

ROUND 4 ENTRIES

1.      Joffrey, observe murderously avuncular dwarf at reception!

2.      My eminence, royally elegiac greetings. Keep enemies veritably extirpated. Roar on!

3.      Celebrate sumptuously, exulting, lionhearted victor! Entitled to every second.

4.      Joyous occasion Majesty!  Advise drinking ardently, robustly.

5.      Commendable sire, enjoy lavish vintages, exuberant tarts!

Eagerly serving, 

6.      Most enlightened Rex.

Eternal Gods keep endless victories emerging.

Respectfully.

Officiator.

Please, vote for your favourite 3 entries not later than Saturday 27th February (8 p.m. Central European Time).

9 minutes ago, Count Balerion said:

what's happening?

I'm here. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy. I'll be back in an hour or two with the round results and the last round.

ROUND 4 AUTHORS

1.      Joffrey, observe murderously avuncular dwarf at reception! CB

2.      My eminence, royally elegiac greetings. Keep enemies veritably extirpated. Roar on! DG

3.      Celebrate sumptuously, exulting, lionhearted victor! Entitled to every second. C

4.      Joyous occasion Majesty!  Advise drinking ardently, robustly. HH

5.      Commendable sire, enjoy lavish vintages, exuberant tarts! 

Eagerly serving,                                                                     RB

6.      Most enlightened Rex.

Eternal Gods keep endless victories emerging.

Respectfully.

Officiator.                                                                             LG 

ROUND 4 RESULTS

Thank you all, for your patience. :bowdown: Here are the results, finally.

CB  1+1+2+1+3+2=10

DG 1+1+1+2+3+1=9

C 1+1+3+2+1+2=10

HH 1+1+1+3+1+2+3+2=14

RB 1+1+3+1+3+2=11

LG 1+1+2=4

JB 1

STANDINGS

1. HH 33+14=47

2. RB 32+11=43

3. C 29+10=39

4. LG 26+4=30

5. DG 19+9=28

6. JB 26+1=27

7. CB 1+10=11

With Littlefinger’s slyly composed message to Joffrey, Howlin’ Howland won the round, also strengthening his position at the top in the overall contest. Greetings with a reference to drinking have proved to be the most popular approach: Howlin’ Howland and RhaenysBee gained the highest number (two each) of first-place votes, thus winning the extra points. Interestingly, most points ended up distributed quite evenly among four of our players, including the newly joined Count Balerion. Lilac & Gooseberries’ solemnly beautiful greeting remained unlucky, Jez Bell returned to us in time for voting, and Ser Not Appearing has outdone himself by not appearing four times in a row. (But have you seen that curious shadow lurking now and then?)     

To be continued...

Archived